Notices
Panamera 2010-Current

Panamera 4 E-hybrid Owners Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2018, 08:36 AM
Wilson Laidlaw
Racer

Received 70 Likes on 52 Posts

Yesterday it was cold, wet and miserable. On my journeys totalling a bit over 4 miles, the first and last third of a mile are over my drive, which is a potholed farm road, so consumption higher than a smooth tarmac road. I also had blower on high for demisting, rear heater screen on, given that the dork who did the spec on mine missed out the rear wiper and seat heating on full three bars. I was not surprised therefore to see indicated range dropping from 21 to 10 on these short from cold journeys. Hopefully when I get into warmer climates in 10 days time, things should improve.
Old 03-29-2018, 09:13 AM
K777
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

My 2015 S-EH would do the 22 miles claimed, on a motorway in warmish weather and steady driving.
It did it happily when I covered 2000 miles in France, much flatter, no roadwork's and naff all traffic on their motorways.
Albeit it takes a long time to charge up on motorways.

I did Leeds to North London near the emirates last week and back in a day, unfortunately didn't really check the actual miles covered per charge, but again it took an age to charge back up on a motorway, but I know what to expect I guess, having owned 2 over the last 3 years.

My GPS/nav still is on the blink (aka not working properly) , it was working until into North London, it took us off the A1 onto a street called The Bishops Avenue. Nice houses - I mean nice houses !!! Quite happy it took us there.
Old 03-29-2018, 09:30 AM
Wilson Laidlaw
Racer

Originally Posted by K777
My GPS/nav still is on the blink (aka not working properly) , it was working until into North London, it took us off the A1 onto a street called The Bishops Avenue. Nice houses - I mean nice houses !!! Quite happy it took us there.
Your GPS has been hacked by Knight, Frank and Rutley, the upmarket estate agents
Old 03-29-2018, 01:26 PM
sriklin
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First 2018 Delivered in Houston, Texas

I have only had it for a few days, and so far the car has performed exceptionally. The only issue so far is that the GPS receivers need to be calibrated. It shows me driving in other parts of Houston, rather than an accurate location.
Old 03-29-2018, 01:31 PM
Big Ben
Intermediate

sriklin,

I love that exterior color. I was too scared to get it without seeing it first so I went with the safe bet with White in case I wanted to trade it in sooner. It looks great! I also chose same interior color. Just amazing looking. Congrats!!!
Old 03-29-2018, 08:45 PM
cometguy
Burning Brakes

Received 219 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by ajriches01
Comet - don't be lazy - you have to read the whole thread, info is there : )

21 degrees outside at 50mph and I think should would do 30 miles.

1 degree outside, a hill and 20 mph (my daily essentially) and she will do 10 miles.
I'm not lazy :-)
I've read this entire thread, but always like to hear more details.
My Pan4 ST E-Hybrid is due to arrive in June.
Old 03-30-2018, 12:29 PM
end9472
AutoX

Originally Posted by louver
end9472, beautiful car. Congratulations. My own wife's car is supposed to be delivered on Friday, so we're excited. We ordered amethyst paint with marsala/cream interior (without having actually seen one). Is that the same as yours? Just because of PC and iPad color rendering, we couldn't tell from the pictures if yours was amethyst or mahogany. Beautiful car either way. Having fun yet?
Louver, my wife's car is dark red (burgundy) metallic and the interior is marsala/cream. Since it was overcast out when I picked up the car the pictures don't do it any justice. In the sunlight the burgundy metallic really pops. You and your wife will love the interior - only issue will be keeping clean.

We are having fun. Just got back from a two-day road trip taking our youngest on college visits. 700 miles in 4 days of ownership and looking forward to many more! The car was flawless. Now if I can only figure out half of the tech stuff, I'll be in good shape. Good luck with yours and hope she arrives today.
Old 03-30-2018, 12:38 PM
end9472
AutoX

One thing I forgot to mention and I believe it has been noted previously, the car was very dirty after sitting for months in Houston. While the dealership did clean it up - their normal prep I assume - I was a bit disappointed that they did not do a better job; dirt in the charge port and gas cap lid area, around window edges and door jambs, etc. So for those still waiting you may want to make sure to mention to your dealer to pay extra attention to the clean up. Frankly we were so exited the car was finally here that I did not think to really look at the car that closely.
Old 03-30-2018, 12:55 PM
Wilson Laidlaw
Racer

Has anyone taken a Panamera 2 onto Le Shuttle as yet (where I am due in just over a week's time). My 997 Turbo S rear wheels were a very tight squeeze between the "alloy-munching" metal kerbs in the carriages. I am concerned that my even wider track Panamera E-Hybrid with its 21" wheels, will be too wide track at the rear to fit in the regular double deck section of the train or at least, would need to be driven with super-human accuracy, to avoid the kerbs. I know a relative with a Veyron SS had to be put in the bus/high vehicle section, due to its track width.

Wilson
Old 03-30-2018, 02:05 PM
cometguy
Burning Brakes

Received 219 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by end9472
One thing I forgot to mention and I believe it has been noted previously, the car was very dirty after sitting for months in Houston. While the dealership did clean it up - their normal prep I assume - I was a bit disappointed that they did not do a better job; dirt in the charge port and gas cap lid area, around window edges and door jambs, etc. So for those still waiting you may want to make sure to mention to your dealer to pay extra attention to the clean up. Frankly we were so exited the car was finally here that I did not think to really look at the car that closely.
Any initial thoughts from your week of driving the car now, regarding the E-Hybrid part of the car?
Old 03-30-2018, 03:55 PM
sriklin
Intermediate

The car has been a lot of fun this week. I have used predominantly e-power to get a feel for the distance it will cover with a charge. Although when fully charged, it says it will make 26 miles, it has driven further than that. I believe it is an estimate taking into consideration the heat in Houston, use of air conditioning and other factors that I hope to figure out. I have been intentionally fully discharging the battery to then fully recharge it, with the expectation that this will help to condition the battery to use every bit of power storage its got. So far I have done this three times, with the first time having it tell me that e-power was no longer available as I pulled into my garage. Today I used Hybrid auto mode, as I had a meeting on the other side of town. Unless you continuously scan the tach, you will never know when it switches back and forth between the electric and gas motors. I was able to get 62.5 mpg with a mix of street and highway driving in Hybrid auto. I believe that 55-65 will be the norm, in spite of the 46 mpg on the Maroney Sticker. Initially I charged the car on 110v, which took 12 hours. I had a 220v, 50 amp. line put in, and that takes just under 4 hours to charge the car.

The only issue I have had is with the GPS. When I picked the car up, the Nav showed me to be in Germany for a day. The second day, the Nav showed me to be in Houston, but half a mile from my true location. The dealership is going to service it next week. I suspect the satellite receiver will need to be replaced. I also have to have the full bra reapplied at the left front wheel wheel, as it is coming undone. Minor stuff so far...

To all who are waiting, it is so worth it. The performance and electronics are state of the art. Enjoy a great holiday weekend. It promises to be a beautiful weekend for driving here.
Old 03-30-2018, 04:12 PM
s-works
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Hello Everyone,

Our car arrived last Saturday.. The SA let me know it was on the way to be dropped off at the dealership.. I went over, watched it get unloaded, pealed off the plastic wrap and other shipping bits.
Gave it the first wash in probably 6 months. The dealer did their magic and prepped the car for delivery yesterday. The whole experience was amazing and we could not be happier. Totally surprised
how good the car arrived since it was sitting since August. Only a few minor hairline scratches in the clear coat that buffed right out. Next step is to get the Clearbra put on next week. I normally do not
mention people or places good or bad on the webinett. But I have to give special recognition to Minneapolis Porsche. They gave me and my a wife an amazing experience. Even though it was a long wait,
very well worth it. Those still waiting, hang tight as if you have your car delivered like we did, you will be extremely happy for waiting it out..
Old 03-30-2018, 04:14 PM
end9472
AutoX

Originally Posted by cometguy
Any initial thoughts from your week of driving the car now, regarding the E-Hybrid part of the car?
I've only driven it a couple days but the hybrid system seems to be very smooth and seamless in operation. If it weren't for all the various gages that put on a light show when different modes are activated (most can be hidden depending upon your set-up and display modes) I wouldn't be aware what mode the car is in (of course the exhaust note is also an indicator but not as must as I would have thought - note we do not have the sport exhaust). So I am very pleased with that. I even find myself liking the all-electric mode probably best of all. I thought the absence of an exhaust note would be a negative. But frankly it's a nice peaceful change from my GT4. And yet acceleration is available immediately and there is no shortage of power. In sport+ mode it feels like a proper buttoned down Porsche sports car (albeit a rather large one).

Perhaps the one slight disappointment is the pure electric range. It was originally advertised it at 31 miles. So far on full charge I've seen 26 miles as the best range. I know it depends on temperature, etc, but that was something I hadn't really understood before ordering the car as this is our first hybrid/electric vehicle. Though still learning the car, overall I am very happy that we went with the hybrid.
Old 03-30-2018, 05:40 PM
hueydumps
Intermediate

Received 16 Likes on 4 Posts

Exciting to see you guys get your cars - I'm in a stupid CARB state so still have to wait. I'm close to bailing and getting a 2017 Turbo since those prices have come way down, but those are either lightly optioned cars or used cars, which is less than ideal. But seeing you all get your cars delivered and be happy with them has me thinking i should wait. Those Turbo's are sweet though...

Has anyone closed in on lease deals with these deliveries? What are you getting in terms of MF and residuals? thanks!
Old 03-30-2018, 07:37 PM
SaratogaLefty
Pro

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by hueydumps
Exciting to see you guys get your cars - I'm in a stupid CARB state so still have to wait. I'm close to bailing and getting a 2017 Turbo since those prices have come way down, but those are either lightly optioned cars or used cars, which is less than ideal. But seeing you all get your cars delivered and be happy with them has me thinking i should wait. Those Turbo's are sweet though...

Has anyone closed in on lease deals with these deliveries? What are you getting in terms of MF and residuals? thanks!
I'm also waiting in California for CARB management sign off and I would very much like to hear what money factor and residuals those leasing the E-Hybrids have been told???

Quick Reply: Panamera 4 E-hybrid Owners Thread