Notices
Panamera 2010-Current

Panamera 4 E-hybrid Owners Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2018, 03:48 PM
ssiminou
Banned

Received 106 Likes on 70 Posts

Thank you so much everyone for the advice and answers. Pana TJ, when you tried to order the executive, did your dealer have an actual allocation or did they have to request one from Porsche? Did you get any discount off MSRP? Every time I speak to a dealer about ordering the hybrid executive, it's as if they didn't know the car existed! Did you experience that when you were looking around at different dealers?
Old 04-06-2018, 04:22 PM
Pana TJ
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ssiminou
I first saw and drove a 4S Exec (not hybrid) at a remote dealer in another state. The spacious back seat is what caused me to pursue the Exec in the E-Hybrid. I also approached 2 dealers in my area. The out of state dealer offered about 1% discount. The local dealers offered 2% and 2.5%. I felt much more comfortable dealing with the 2% dealership, so I ordered from them. I placed the order end of January and I was told to expect delivery in November (with the caveat that they would try to improve on that delivery). A few weeks later, I was told that they were able to procure an allocation for a June build and August delivery. This was much more acceptable. As far as the Executive being a novelty, I guess there was some sense of that. The Atlanta Rep. was at the dealer when I placed my order and I remember he seemed shocked that I was ordering an Exec and he seemed to be excited with the build specs. I was told that due to the rarity of this model, they were not able to offer a better discount as they may have an issue with selling the car if I backed out of the deal. Hope this helps, hope this helps.
Old 04-06-2018, 05:47 PM
Big Ben
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am in So California. The 3 dealers I went to also try to steer me away from the Executive. They said they have a Used Executive sitting on the lot for months because nobody wants the longer version. I had a Jaguar XJ before. I was going back and forth on long wheel or short. I went short with the suggestion of all my family and friends. Wrong choice. With my Range Rover, as soon as they had it ready, I switched to a Long Wheel Base and never looked back. Now saying that, I am 6 foot 3 and I was impressed that I can sit in the drivers seat and still in the back of the standard Panamera 2018. The Jaguar XJ and the Range Rover could not do that. I have found only 1 Executive 2018 to test and yes, the back seat is better. Not as good as a RR LWB, but very comfortable. The shape is not as sleek, but not bad. The only concern is the resale market. I can see maybe the Chinese market liking the Executive, but from what the 3 dealers told me, they don't want to stock the Executive models on their lot. I figure, I would get the normal wheel base, keep the LWB RR, and decide on the next order about the Executive version. I would love to know why anybody else would like the Executive. I like it because I am tall and I want my back seat passengers to be as comfortable as possible.
Old 04-06-2018, 06:05 PM
Pana TJ
Rennlist Member

Big Ben, I am with you. I am also 6'-3" and I always have my driver seat all the way back. With that, it would be very uncomfortable for rear passengers on a long trip on the SWB. For the difference in price, I felt the Executive was the only way I would invest so much into this car, allowing my passengers to be comfortable on a long (even a short) trip. I previously had an Audi A8L (long wheel base) and my passengers certainly enjoyed and commented on the extra leg room. Then I went to a standard A6 and the back seat was basically useless behind me unless I pulled my seat up and made it uncomfortable to drive. And who wants to be uncomfortable in the Panamera? I do not feel that the LWB takes anything away from the looks of the car, so for me it was a no brainer.
Old 04-06-2018, 06:34 PM
Big Ben
Intermediate

Thanks for your reply Pana TJ. The only issue I have is that I lease cars and many times sell them before the lease is up. I have done that with the Range Rover and for the first few years of the new model, it was very "advantageous" since I have connections with the dealers so I didn't pay the 20-30K over sticker dealers were asking. I am hoping the e Hybrid would also be such a desirable and unique car that I maybe able to do the same thing. However, that would only work if the model I choose was easy to be "resold" by the dealer and or desired by the other buyers from the other counties. (after one year of ownership according to Porsche Rules)

The So Cal dealers told me they would have to create a request for an Executive version. Then they would have to wait for an Executive allocation to be given to them. It is also a "done deal" meaning that I cannot back out of the deal. I got the message that they didn't want it. Sad because, not that you are talking about the Executive, it makes me wonder again.
Old 04-06-2018, 06:52 PM
ssiminou
Banned

Received 106 Likes on 70 Posts

Big Ben, I understand where you're coming from. But when I test drove the SWB and since I had the previous-gen executive version, I'm 100% sure Executive is the way to go. Even if you want to sell to get out of your lease early, you'll at least keep the car for a year, giving you the opportunity to sell it to China. The Chinese market needs hybrids/ev's and they love executive versions there. I'm also in SoCal and my dealer didn't try to sway me from the executive, but they did ask me if I really needed it. So far, one dealer I spoke to has an actual allocation and they're offering about 5% off MSRP. It's Porsche Newport Beach; my sales associate is Kellyn Dixon. If you do reach out to them, she'll get you a commission code and change the dealer's spec to one you'd like. Please mention that Sam Siminou referred you.

Pana TJ, I'm sure once the Atlanta rep saw you put $50k in options they were delighted to see you order the executive! I've decided to order the thermal glass and surround, and forget about the RWS. The two links you gave didn't work, but I hope that the glass doesn't mess with the car's radio or my cellphone's reception during calls. I've also realized that when I'm in EV mode, having slightly more sound insulation would come in handy from the road noise. I might spring for the RWS, but so far I'm leaning against it. I've also decided that I'm determined to get an allocation, even if it requires I take deliver next year. My current Cayenne lease is only $450 per month (which is absolutely crazy, it has a 80k MSRP), and as long as Porsche is willing to extend it, I'm absolutely fine.

Leasing is good because the federal credit is applied as a discount, rather than a tax credit with a purchase. But Porsche leases are sometimes absolutely crazy, so Big Ben,if you want a good lease and you actual care about a budget or target payment, keep your build around 130, but make sure you're around 116 after the federal discount and percentage off. My build is $126 and I'm at 109 after all discounts. Pana TJ, don't even consider leasing. You're $40k above the $120,400 MRM on these cars, so that extra $40k would not be residualized.

I truly hope I'll take delivery by the end of this year, but I'm ok with waiting (as long as they don't increase the 2019 price).
Old 04-06-2018, 08:53 PM
Big Ben
Intermediate

FYI: I just heard for CA, they are looking at April 16-18th to be released from the port. (salesperson at the dealership said unofficially)
Old 04-07-2018, 06:48 AM
lbcgolf
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Ben
It is also a "done deal" meaning that I cannot back out of the deal.
Unless I’m mistaken, I thought California law always allowed the buyer to put a deposit down, order the car, and get all your money back if you decided to back out of it at anytime prior to purchase. Of course there’s no law that says a dealer must take the order or how much deposit they require to place an order.
Old 04-07-2018, 12:29 PM
Big Ben
Intermediate

lbcgolf,

Yes, I do believe there is a law like that in CA. I think what the dealer is trying to say, if you order the Executive, you better buy it. They might have made me sign something else if I were to order and put down quite a bit more. I guess the dealer would try all various ways to make sure I buy it. But, yes, I could probably get a lawyer to get my money back, but what an ordeal that would be.
Old 04-07-2018, 02:30 PM
sriklin
Intermediate

Two notes for the blog. My conditioning of the battery now has my electric range up to 28 miles.
I had my e-hybrid at the dealer as my GPS has been nonfunctional. The dealer has ordered a new antenna and module for the GPS for my car and a second e-hybrid, as both had the same issue. Hopefully parts will arrive next week, and problem will be solved.
Old 04-07-2018, 02:42 PM
freddieshrink
7th Gear

I may have missed seeing this issue addressed, but I am wondering what is the 2018 tax credit for the PP 4 E-Hybrid in the USA?
Old 04-07-2018, 02:52 PM
Pana TJ
Rennlist Member

Freddie, I believe it to be $6,670.
https://www.irs.gov/businesses/30d-n...th-america-inc
Old 04-07-2018, 03:16 PM
freddieshrink
7th Gear

Thx for the info, Pana TJ. That is higher than the quote for last year, if I recall correctly. Every little bit helps!
Old 04-07-2018, 06:10 PM
Wilson Laidlaw
Racer

Received 70 Likes on 52 Posts

Has any Panamera 4 E-Hybrid come out of Leipzig with its GPS working properly? I like many others on this thread, had to have a new aerial module, aerial lead and GPS module. In my case it was giving false warnings of the car being moved when it was stationary and as the driver card was not in the car, triggering the tracking warning. I was getting up to 10 phone calls a day from the tracking providers (Vodafone in the UK). I really cannot understand Porsche signing off on this and letting their supplier get away with what must obviously be very sub-standard components. Apart from anything else, it must be costing them on warranty/rectification charges. I have not heard about other Panamera owners complaining about this, so it may be only the e-Hybrid models.
Old 04-08-2018, 12:42 AM
gaylon
AutoX

I tried searching... what tires should I expect on my 21" sport design wheels on a 2018 4 E-hybrid?

Quick Reply: Panamera 4 E-hybrid Owners Thread