Panamera 2010-Current

Panamera 4 E-hybrid Owners Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2018, 05:55 AM
K777
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by bosch

I just looked at the UK configurer (assuming you are in the UK) and it says this under standard features:

Eight-way power seats (front) with electric adjustment of seat height, squab and backrest angle and fore/aft position

In the Canadian configurer:

Comfort seats front (8-way, electric) with driver memory package includes: electrical adjustment of seat height, seat and backrest angle, as well as fore/aft position
cheeky beggars
thanks for checking though, I thought I was losing it.
Old 04-17-2018, 07:53 AM
Wilson Laidlaw
Racer

Received 70 Likes on 52 Posts

I have tried with no success to find DAB stations in France. I clicked on "Scan" but nothing seemed to happen. I don't know whether this is because the PCM was in a bad mood, I had wrong settings or there were just no DAB stations to find. The manual is its usual totally useless self. What is it with German companies and useless user manuals? I am a long term (50 years +) Leica camera user. The user manuals have got steadily worse over the years to the extent now that they are close to useless. We suspect that Leica use Google translate from German first to Swahili and from Swahili to English. Same thing with Porsche - the manuals have become worse and worse and as the cars have become an order of magnitude more complicated, especially the PCM, this is not really good enough. The online manual does not even mention DAB radio, as presumably it is for US cars which don't have DAB radios but have satellite instead. The scan does work on FM radio but that is a bit retrograde.

Wilson
Old 04-17-2018, 11:15 AM
911topanamera
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

OFFICAL!!!!!!

4 EHYBRID CARB CERTIFIED!!!!

Finally!! really excited for us all to get our cars!!
Old 04-17-2018, 11:36 AM
rklann
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

To 911topanamera, What information do you have to confirm this statement? I checked the CARB website and it has not yet been updated yet.
Old 04-17-2018, 11:50 AM
Wilson Laidlaw
Racer

I spoke to my nearest Porsche dealer in France. It would seem that DAB is not exactly a roaring success in France, with many of the national stations being very resistant to the transfer from FM. At the moment DAB is really only available in the larger cities and then mostly for smaller local stations. As I live somewhat out in the sticks, in the foothills of the Var Mountains, there would seem to be no DAB signals at all with me. I cannot also get Radio Classique on FM, where there is a bit less of the endless yadda-yadda and pontificating that goes on with the other two classical music stations, Culture and Musique.

Wilson
Old 04-17-2018, 03:54 PM
gaylon
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CARB Cert

Old 04-20-2018, 04:19 PM
FriscoTexasGuy
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Still in the process of negotiating discount. Started at 2% and now at 6% for a well equipped E-Hybrid. Any did better so far? By the way, I am a first time customer.
Old 04-21-2018, 01:02 AM
ssiminou
Banned

Received 106 Likes on 70 Posts

I got 7% off a Hybrid Executive here in Los Angeles
Old 04-21-2018, 01:54 AM
ssiminou
Banned

Received 106 Likes on 70 Posts

I'm going to forget about the MRMs and leasing. (By the way, on an executive hybrid, residual at 36 months/10k miles is 55% with a MF of .0026. The standard wheel base has the same MF, but a 58% residual instead).

I want to order the car so that it's mine, and I want my car to have a little more flair and specialness compared to a "floor-spec." I've also decided financing is probably better for me. I just wish Porsche made a painted rear fascia as an option separate from the sport design pack, like in the other cars. I'm not sure I like the look of the black plastic with the regular tips.

But I'm still confused about one thing: if I have no range left (low electric range) do you feel a power difference? Is that 0-60 of 4.4 sec always constant with or without range?
Old 04-22-2018, 06:14 AM
Wilson Laidlaw
Racer

Originally Posted by ssiminou
I'm going to forget about the MRMs and leasing. (By the way, on an executive hybrid, residual at 36 months/10k miles is 55% with a MF of .0026. The standard wheel base has the same MF, but a 58% residual instead).

I want to order the car so that it's mine, and I want my car to have a little more flair and specialness compared to a "floor-spec." I've also decided financing is probably better for me. I just wish Porsche made a painted rear fascia as an option separate from the sport design pack, like in the other cars. I'm not sure I like the look of the black plastic with the regular tips.

But I'm still confused about one thing: if I have no range left (low electric range) do you feel a power difference? Is that 0-60 of 4.4 sec always constant with or without range?
It would be interesting to hear what the estimated residual for the prettier and more practical Sport Turismo was.

When my electric range is getting very low, I change my hybrid setting to E-Hold to ensure I have battery capacity available for max overtaking acceleration if needed. In that most US roads are dual carriageway, this is probably less important in the US. On our European cart tracks, overtaking acceleration is a safety feature, although you do have to be aware there might be a cop pointing a radar gun at you, just as you overtake and temporarily exceed the speed limit in an effort to minimise your time on the wrong side of the road. In Scotland, where the roads are particularly twisty, the local authorities have a nasty habit of putting a fixed speed camera, halfway down the few straights where you can overtake slow vehicles and the whole of the A9, which used to be a wonderful driving road, is covered by spot and average speed cameras. This is just entrapment. Others have said there is always some battery capacity left even if you are reading zero miles range, which is available for max throttle acceleration but I have not tried this for myself.

Wilson
Old 04-22-2018, 08:23 AM
Taffy66
Burning Brakes

Received 376 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by Wilson Laidlaw
It would be interesting to hear what the estimated residual for the prettier and more practical Sport Turismo was.

When my electric range is getting very low, I change my hybrid setting to E-Hold to ensure I have battery capacity available for max overtaking acceleration if needed. In that most US roads are dual carriageway, this is probably less important in the US. On our European cart tracks, overtaking acceleration is a safety feature, although you do have to be aware there might be a cop pointing a radar gun at you, just as you overtake and temporarily exceed the speed limit in an effort to minimise your time on the wrong side of the road. In Scotland, where the roads are particularly twisty, the local authorities have a nasty habit of putting a fixed speed camera, halfway down the few straights where you can overtake slow vehicles and the whole of the A9, which used to be a wonderful driving road, is covered by spot and average speed cameras. This is just entrapment. Others have said there is always some battery capacity left even if you are reading zero miles range, which is available for max throttle acceleration but I have not tried this for myself.

Wilson
I live in West Wales which means i have close access to some wonderful driving roads..I own a few Porsches including a new GT3 and a Panamera Sport Turismo 4e Hybrid, both of which are truly wonderful cars for different reasons.. Its all ruined however by over zealous cops and a proliferation of poor drivers. I had a new gen Panamera saloon 4e hybrid for five months before my new one and can say that without doubt i can not think of a single reason why anyone would pick a saloon over the ST..
Its surprisingly more practical especially with the middle rear seat,infinitely better looking but without a single compromise in driving..I have even had people prefer it over my new GT3 even when parked side by side in my garage..
Its a truly special looking car IMO especially in my stealth all black interior/exterior with Panoramic roof and privacy glass...Just gorgeous !
Old 04-22-2018, 09:06 AM
hueydumps
Intermediate

Received 16 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Finally got my car!!

Delivered yesterday, am in Maryland which is a CARB state, hence the delay. Sat in port for 2.5 months. I’ve got to say I’m really glad I didn’t punch out and go with something else (was very close to doing a deal on a slightly used PTT).

I had ordered the sports exhaust, but the factory mysteriously pulled it in production. I really like the look of the quad exhaust so after complaining, dealer threw in the exhaust tips.

Thanks to everyone on this thread for the shared knowledge - it greatly helped me with my decision. I’m coming from an E63s AMG, so was worried I would miss the thrust and sound if the engine (I do) - but after trying the go fast button around town yesterday, I can say it’s on par (at least at lower speeds below 60 MPH, there’s very little match for that AMG engine at speeds above that - truly a hammer of a motor)

a few questions:

1. Does the google maps NAV sync at all to your individual google maps profile - as in if you search for a destination on your phone or desktop, is there a way it will pull up on your vehicle?

2. What is break in on this car?

3. If InnoDrive uses sat nav info to help drive the car, do you have to have a destination plugged in or will it work without it?

4. When you all go on trips over 150 miles or so and you know when you’re at your destination you are not going to be able To charge, do you use it all up to get max fuel efffciency, then have the car recharge the battery on the second part of the trip or does that defeat the purpose bc of the increased load on the engine to recharge itself?

thanks !

Old 04-22-2018, 12:12 PM
Wilson Laidlaw
Racer

I would not break it in at all except for not driving at the same speed for a long time (cruise control). I probably treated mine too gently, did too many short journeys on hybrid auto setting and over the winter in the UK (delivered in October 2017), I had the problem like many others of excessive condensation and fuel contamination of the oil, when you get the oil overfilled warning. The oil and filter were changed under warranty. Now if I am going to do a shortish journey, which I don't want to do wholly in pure electric mode, I will start off in Sport mode and leave it there until the oil reaches a minimum of around 70ºC/160ºF.
Old 04-22-2018, 05:53 PM
cometguy
Burning Brakes

Received 219 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by Wilson Laidlaw
I would not break it in at all except for not driving at the same speed for a long time (cruise control). I probably treated mine too gently, did too many short journeys on hybrid auto setting and over the winter in the UK (delivered in October 2017), I had the problem like many others of excessive condensation and fuel contamination of the oil, when you get the oil overfilled warning. The oil and filter were changed under warranty. Now if I am going to do a shortish journey, which I don't want to do wholly in pure electric mode, I will start off in Sport mode and leave it there until the oil reaches a minimum of around 70ºC/160ºF.
This is from the online 2017 Panamera owner's manual:Breaking in the vehicle The moving parts of a new vehicle must be run in. The parts require the first 2,000 miles (3,000 km) for this purpose. The oil and fuel consumption may be somewhat higher than normal during this period.During the breaking-in period, drive as follows:
  • Preferably take long trips. Avoid frequent cold starts with short-distance driving whenever possible.
  • Do not participate in motorsport events, sports driving training or similar events.
  • Avoid high speeds of over 4,000 rpm. Drive at low engine speeds when the engine is cold.
+++

As for trips longer than 50-100 miles, I would expect that this car is best run in Hybrid Auto mode for long distances to get the best overall performance and gas mileage. (I'm still awaiting my own Pan4 ST E-Hybrid.) But my plan is to follow the above instructions from the owner manual, and as Wilson says, when I'm not driving all-electric for a single trip, I'll go into Sport Mode soon after starting out and let the engine warm up before going to Hybrid Auto mode (and I'll be using all-electric mode when I'm in city traffic off the main expressways, dealing with traffic lights, stop signs, etc.).

For those with new-gen E-Hybrids who have not given details on their driving experiences with the different modes, in terms of all-electric range and best gas mileage when in Hybrid or Sport modes, I encourage you to share your experiences also.
Old 04-23-2018, 05:27 AM
K777
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

[QUOTE=Wilson Laidlaw;14959311Now if I am going to do a shortish journey, which I don't want to do wholly in pure electric mode, I will start off in Sport mode and leave it there until the oil reaches a minimum of around 70ºC/160ºF.[/QUOTE]

Why ? I have done that for years without issue. For me, other than the BIK, that's one of the reasons for buying the car. If I went to work and back everyday and no where else I wouldn't use the engine, thus saving over 1k a year in fuel. (well unless I want to go a bit - or just hear it).

Quick Reply: Panamera 4 E-hybrid Owners Thread