Panamera 4 E-hybrid Owners Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2018, 04:20 PM
Wilson Laidlaw
Racer

Received 70 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Ben
Wilson,

Thanks for your feedback. Interesting, feedback since a diesel is suppose to have more down low torque. My wife had a Mercedes GL 350 Diesel for 5 years. The throttle off the line was quick but ran out of steam as it approached the redline. We noticed getting on the freeway a bit of a challenge, but at the red lights, it was not a problem.
Thank you again for your feedback and looking forward to driving one home.... hopefully by the end of April.
I don't think EURO 6 on diesels (and probably the US equivalent, although I don't suppose anyone buys diesels in the US any more after dieselgate) has improved the low end torque on diesels. What they can't do now is squirt a whole lot of fuel in at low revs, as that raises combustion temps too far and produces extra nitrogen oxides. I have to admit that the V8 diesel Panamera I was lent on a couple of occasions, was a splendid vehicle but now out of production. For folks who are buying second hand and are prepared to run it into the ground, thereby ignoring resale values and don't need to go into city centres, where it is increasingly likely they will be banned, the V8 diesel Panamera II would be a great buy.

Wilson
Old 03-27-2018, 04:23 PM
911topanamera
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by louver
The Panamera 4 E-Hybrid has just showed up on the US EPA website. I've been checking it constantly since we heard that EPA had certified the car, a couple of weeks ago, growing more wary that there could be some other snag. But given that a few people have actually laid their hands on their cars and taken pictures, and now this, it must be true. Hoorah! Those who have been waiting for months must be really skeptical--can't even imagine. There was still no mention of the Turbo Hybrid.

It seems that we've had posts on this thread from three or four people who've actually had cars shipped from the port, and all involved the port in Texas (Galveston?). There was supposedly a car to be shipped from Halifax in Canada. Did this happen? Has anyone heard of cars shipped on from any other ports? Any final deliveries? Pictures?

Thanks for the heads up, here is the link for those of us wondering the final US numbers. Hopefully CARB will happen sooner than later.

https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/Find...n=sbs&id=39960
Old 03-27-2018, 07:04 PM
cometguy
Burning Brakes

Received 219 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by louver
The Panamera 4 E-Hybrid has just showed up on the US EPA website. I've been checking it constantly since we heard that EPA had certified the car, a couple of weeks ago, growing more wary that there could be some other snag. But given that a few people have actually laid their hands on their cars and taken pictures, and now this, it must be true. Hoorah! Those who have been waiting for months must be really skeptical--can't even imagine. There was still no mention of the Turbo Hybrid.

It seems that we've had posts on this thread from three or four people who've actually had cars shipped from the port, and all involved the port in Texas (Galveston?). There was supposedly a car to be shipped from Halifax in Canada. Did this happen? Has anyone heard of cars shipped on from any other ports? Any final deliveries? Pictures?
Can you provide the link to the relevant EPA webpage? I have searched and cannot find it... thanks
Old 03-27-2018, 07:34 PM
Big Ben
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On the EPA page, it says 16 miles of Electricity. I wonder if that is what they got when they test drove it.
Old 03-27-2018, 08:03 PM
cometguy
Burning Brakes

On the EPA page, it says 16 miles of Electricity. I wonder if that is what they got when they test drove it.
can you provide the URL to this webpage?
Old 03-27-2018, 08:11 PM
Big Ben
Intermediate

911topanamera was nice enough to find and share this link.

Old 03-27-2018, 09:10 PM
cometguy
Burning Brakes

911topanamera was nice enough to find and share this link.

oh, ok, I saw that from the previous post that gave that link; I was looking for an EPA webpage that specifically said that the 2018 Panamera E-Hybrids are certified/approved.
Old 03-28-2018, 12:14 AM
911topanamera
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by cometguy
oh, ok, I saw that from the previous post that gave that link; I was looking for an EPA webpage that specifically said that the 2018 Panamera E-Hybrids are certified/approved.
I think they might be the same thing but not sure.

Big Ben: was thinking the same. I think I remember people equating the UK numbers into US and it was >100 mpge. Guess EPA numbers might be a little more realistic
Old 03-28-2018, 10:58 AM
end9472
AutoX

Here is the mileage on the Monroney sticker - it is 16. And yes, my wife's car is finally here! Picked it up last night. First E-Hybrid delivered to my dealership along with one other. For those interested, I know another local Chicagoland dealer had 3 cars delivered last Saturday but he said no Turbo E-hybrids as they are still awaiting EPA certification. So your cars are coming for others who have been patiently waiting.
Old 03-28-2018, 01:41 PM
Galavanta
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FINALLY !!!!

Old 03-28-2018, 05:37 PM
louver
Advanced

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

end9472, beautiful car. Congratulations. My own wife's car is supposed to be delivered on Friday, so we're excited. We ordered amethyst paint with marsala/cream interior (without having actually seen one). Is that the same as yours? Just because of PC and iPad color rendering, we couldn't tell from the pictures if yours was amethyst or mahogany. Beautiful car either way. Having fun yet?
Old 03-28-2018, 06:11 PM
Wilson Laidlaw
Racer

Received 70 Likes on 52 Posts

I think that is a more realistic estimate. The 31 miles has never so far appeared on my theoretical mileage, where the highest figure I have seen is 22 miles. This morning I started out with 21 miles showing. I have only done 2 short journeys today of just over 2 miles, all electric, and the range is down to 10 miles.

I love the dark red/amethyst car above. That was my original choice of colour when I had a Sport Turismo 4 E-Hybrid on order but the delivery date kept being put back, so I took someone else's cancelled order in metallic black. The metallic red is quite similar to the colour my 997 Turbo S was in (a Porsche Exclusive colour in 2006).
Old 03-28-2018, 07:22 PM
cometguy
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Wilson Laidlaw
I think that is a more realistic estimate. The 31 miles has never so far appeared on my theoretical mileage, where the highest figure I have seen is 22 miles. This morning I started out with 21 miles showing. I have only done 2 short journeys today of just over 2 miles, all electric, and the range is down to 10 miles.

I love the dark red/amethyst car above. That was my original choice of colour when I had a Sport Turismo 4 E-Hybrid on order but the delivery date kept being put back, so I took someone else's cancelled order in metallic black. The metallic red is quite similar to the colour my 997 Turbo S was in (a Porsche Exclusive colour in 2006).
Twelve miles is very disappointing for all-electric capacity. Was it particularly cold today?
What sort of patterns have you seen in the battery capacity for the electric motor in terms of range on a single charge?
Can you and others with Panamera 4 E-Hybrids summarize your experiences in this regard?

Thanks!
Old 03-29-2018, 04:26 AM
ajriches01
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Comet - don't be lazy - you have to read the whole thread, info is there : )

21 degrees outside at 50mph and I think should would do 30 miles.

1 degree outside, a hill and 20 mph (my daily essentially) and she will do 10 miles.
Old 03-29-2018, 07:00 AM
thorfun
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Galavanta
FINALLY !!!!
Congratulations! enjoy.

Quick Reply: Panamera 4 E-hybrid Owners Thread