Panamera 2010-Current

Panamera 4 E-hybrid Owners Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2018, 12:45 AM
KW411
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Louver

I have exactly the same problem with the favorite button the steering wheel. I reported few times to the Porsche service technician and they said they could not find any issue. And also, from time to time, the car would say "Key not found or key error" while driving or starting the car. I even took a picture and showed it to the technician. But again they said they cannot find anything wrong??!! Really annoying.......
Old 10-21-2018, 05:29 PM
Wilson Laidlaw
Racer

Received 70 Likes on 52 Posts

I have reported the errors on the Car Connect App to Porsche UK, although I have a feeling that in the UK, Porsche hand over responsibility on this App to Vodafone, the security provider. Apple's App page actually shows Vodafone as the developer but then does not lead you to Vodafone when you click on the Developer web page link. I am hoping that when my Panamera has its first annual service this coming Wednesday that the long promised software update for the PCM will be available, not least to correct the digital speedo not changing to KPH. It is far from cheap at £611 for the short service. I seem to recall the short service for my 997 Turbo S being about a third of that. There are various recall items to be done as well:
  1. Campaign – Replace Pressure Hose.
  2. Campaign – Replace Fuel Type Sticker.
  3. Campaign – EFP Control Unit.
What is the EFP Control unit - Electronic Fuel Pressure? or maybe Excessively Fat Panamera?

Wilson
Old 10-23-2018, 07:03 AM
K777
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Coincidently mine was in yesterday trying to sort wrong info on the app (tyre pressures saying -58psi, trip mileages not matching the car and a few other stuff), its now going back in at a later date to have the GSM antenna in the front bumper replaced.
Old 10-26-2018, 03:43 PM
MKC91
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts
Default First post

Originally Posted by KW411
Louver

I have exactly the same problem with the favorite button the steering wheel. I reported few times to the Porsche service technician and they said they could not find any issue. And also, from time to time, the car would say "Key not found or key error" while driving or starting the car. I even took a picture and showed it to the technician. But again they said they cannot find anything wrong??!! Really annoying.......
First post!

"Key not found" just happend to me this afternoon. I had my key in the same pocket as on of my cellphones and the message went away once I put my phone in the other pocket. I've also accidentally triggered the panic while driving with the keys in my pocket, lucky for me I was stopped at the time and was able to figure out what I did quckly.

Regarding the favourites button, I think changing the memory settings on my seat & key may be resetting. I keep on forgetting to test this...

Finally, my (Android) version of Car Connect is 1.9.3, does everyone else have an iPhone?

-- Mike
Old 10-29-2018, 01:01 PM
Wilson Laidlaw
Racer

The software update for the PCM has STILL not been released by Porsche so the update was not done during my service. I have given my dealer five stars for their service but Porsche none for being so dilatory on the software update and copied in Porsche UK on my feelings.

Wilson
Old 10-29-2018, 05:44 PM
BC Eddie
AutoX

Default Buying pre-owned in Canada - any advice

I have been wavering back and forth for two years about buying a Panamera hybrid and I think I am close to a final decision. I have read every post in this thread and, while there have been some teething problems, I don't see anything out of line for a relatively new model of such a complicated machine. Reliability is a big thing for me so my fear is that I buy something that turns into a maintenance nightmare. Note I am coming from being a long-term Lexus owner and from my experience they offer tremendous reliability. While Lexus may not have the excitement of a Porsche I still have enjoyed owning them. I know a few of you owners also came from Lexus. I would be really interested in knowing if you are still happy with the move to Porsche.

A couple of nicely optioned pre-owns just came up for sale at my local Porsche ( I am on Vancouver Island in British Columbia). However I am really surprised at the small price reduction from the new price. They are both 2018 hybrids that new would have gone for something like $137,000 (CAD) and they are now listed for $132,000 and $131,000. So this is a discount of , at most, 4%. Is this to be expected for cars that are low mileage (about 3,000) but almost a model year old? I was hoping for something more in the 15-20% range.

Last edited by BC Eddie; 10-29-2018 at 08:28 PM.
Old 10-29-2018, 06:57 PM
Wilson Laidlaw
Racer

Originally Posted by BC Eddie
I have been wavering back and forth for two years about buying a Panamera hybrid and I think I am close to a final decision. I have read every post in this thread and, while there have been some teething problems, I don't see anything out of line for a relatively new model of such a complicated machine. Reliability is a big thing for me so my fear is that I buy something that turns into a maintenance nightmare. Note I am coming from being a long-term Lexus owner and from my experience they offer tremendous reliability. While Lexus may not have the excitement of a Porsche I still have enjoyed owning them. I know a few of you owners also came from Lexus. I would be really interested in knowing if you are still happy with the move to Porsche.

A couple of nicely optioned pre-owns just came up for sale at my local Porsche ( I am on Vancouver Island in British Columbia). However I am really surprised at the small price reduction from the new price. They are both 2018 hybrids that new would have gone for something like $137000 (CAD) and they are now listed for $132000 and $131000. So this is a discount of , at most, 4%. Is this to be expected for cars that are low mileage (about 3000) but almost a model year old? I was hoping for something more in the 15-20% range.
Far too expensive. I got more than that off a zero miles non-registered Panamera 4 E-Hybrid that was someone else's cancelled order. I don't know what the car trade is like in BC at the moment but in the UK many dealers are in dire straits. New expensive car purchases are up to 50% down and even then, all they can sell are trucks (SUV's). Tell the dealer to sharpen their pencil - a lot or you will buy elsewhere.

BTW I had a new V6 petrol/gasoline Macan on loan last week and was not at all impressed. Sluggish turbo lag engine not helped by over-strong return spring on accelerator (usually a Mercedes fault), compounded by a lazy autobox and like all trucks, wobbly handling.

Wilson
Old 10-29-2018, 10:27 PM
cometguy
Burning Brakes

Received 219 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by BC Eddie

A couple of nicely optioned pre-owns just came up for sale at my local Porsche ( I am on Vancouver Island in British Columbia). However I am really surprised at the small price reduction from the new price. They are both 2018 hybrids that new would have gone for something like $137,000 (CAD) and they are now listed for $132,000 and $131,000. So this is a discount of , at most, 4%. Is this to be expected for cars that are low mileage (about 3,000) but almost a model year old? I was hoping for something more in the 15-20% range.
Wow... Well, this is still 2018, but I am still surprised that anything pre-owned would not take a much more major hit. Out of curiosity, I inquired what a trade-in price would be on my new 2018 Panamera 4 E-Hybrid Sport Turismo when I still had less than 1000 miles on the odometer, very soon after purchase, and I was told about $20k off MSRP. (I paid $1k off MSRP for a special-order car that had only about 18 allocations in the entire USA last spring -- I paid to get a very rare car that no dealer was willing to give much reduction on.)

That said, these are new cars, and there isn't much history on pre-owned second-generation AWD E-Hybrids (which are FAR superior to the first-gen FWD-only S E-Hybrids). With such rare cars, it's possible that prices may remain higher than for other Panameras (I sure hope so). My car is absolutely fabulous -- no problems at all so far, and it has exceeded expectations. I just bought Michelin Pilot Alpin snow tires and had them mounted for the winter last week, with my summer tires off til next April. The car handled very well on a snow-and-rain trip up to Quebec this past week. Noticeably lower gas mileage with the colder weather, though (temps around 30-40 deg F on the trip) -- about 26 mpg over 900 miles, vs. 29-30 mpg on long trips (without plugging in) when temps are around 70-80 deg F (I started with a full battery charge from home, but then no more plugging in for 900 miles until I got home again). I'm at 14.5k miles on the odometer now, and my trip counter says that I've done over 4k miles on "emission free" driving (meaning electric-motor-only driving).
Old 10-30-2018, 12:10 AM
BC Eddie
AutoX

Wilson & Cometquy

Thanks so much for this useful feedback.

Cheers!
Old 11-07-2018, 09:34 AM
Matril01
Track Day

Default Smoking package option not ordered, but delivered

I have a question for the collected wisdom of the group. I ordered my Pan 4 E Hybrid this past August. It’s at sea now on its way to the US.... the expected delivery is Dec 1. I DID NOT order the smoking package because I want that real estate in the front seat area to hold my phone (I understand that some phones might not fit. And I also understand that the ashtray half can be removed, but the push button lighter can not...at least easily). It is my understanding that even though these cars should come without the lighter and ashtray when ordered this way, many (and per my SA, mine included) are arriving with the lighter option. My question is twofold...have any of you had your car delivered with out the push button lighter? And if it did arrive with the lighter, can this be retrofitted and removed?

Im beginning to push back on my SA on this issue because I’m very disappointed. He is telling me that they all arrive this way and Porsche doesn’t ship without the lighter. If any of you have the car with out the lighter option in the front seat, can you please share a picture? It would be very helpful for me to show my SA. Thank you in advance.
Old 11-07-2018, 11:12 AM
Wilson Laidlaw
Racer

My UK Panamera 4 E-Hybrid does not have the smoking pack. I would actually have quite liked it for an additional power socket, as the one at the back of the central armrest is quite awkward to access and plug a 12V phone charger in. If like me you have an iPod touch as a music source, that really needs to be connected to the USB connection, as Bluetooth communication is on the slow side for showing the album covers and also you want the iPod to charge when playing. That means you have to use the awkward arm rest power socket to charge your phone. It is currently pouring with rain in the UK, so I will take a photo later and post on this thread. The space left by omitting the smoking pack is really too small to be really useful for much. I use it as a (very) small rubbish bin for expired parking time vouchers, candy wrappers and the like.

Wilson
Old 11-07-2018, 11:52 AM
Pana TJ
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Matril01, Congrats on your new arrival in a few weeks. Look forward to seeing pictures when you get it. I received my Panamera 4 E-Hybrid September 1, and I too, did not order the smoking package. I was disappointed to see it was included when it arrived. I was looking forward to the extra space myself. The issue was brought to the SA attention immediately and since then I have been under the assumption that they were looking into what can be done. Unfortunately, after 2 months, nothing has been presented to me as to what they can do to remedy. The service department claims the parts department is looking into it and the parts department thinks the service department is working on it. My understanding is that it is not a straightforward remedy and will involve extensive dissection of the center console to fix. For that reason, I believe there is some hesitation. Wilson, I too look forward to your photos to see what we are missing. This will determine the amount of pressure I exert to correct the error. Thanks in advance.
Old 11-07-2018, 12:55 PM
Wilson Laidlaw
Racer

OK here are the photos of the non-smoking area. These are just iPhone photos. If needed I can take some with a better camera

Wilson

Last edited by Wilson Laidlaw; 11-07-2018 at 01:02 PM. Reason: Attachments not adding
Old 11-07-2018, 01:05 PM
Wilson Laidlaw
Racer

OK here are the photos of the non-smoking area. These are just iPhone photos. If needed I can take some with a better camera. Second try with slightly smaller images.

Old 11-07-2018, 01:08 PM
ajriches01
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My cover has scratched very badly - not sure why particularly given you depress the "Panamera" part to open it. Yours looks like new.

Quick Reply: Panamera 4 E-hybrid Owners Thread