Notices
Panamera 2010-Current

Panamera 4 E-hybrid Owners Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2018, 12:43 AM
bosch
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Has anyone gotten a video file to play on the PCM? I've tried to follow the Porsche manual with their format but the PCM won't recognize any files I put on a USB stick. I'm trying to load a video into the Jukebox. Does any have the exact file setup (mp4, mov. etc, refresh rate, size, etc.).. Thanks.
Old 10-09-2018, 08:07 AM
fgv1it
Racer

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

I have mp4 music videos on an SD card, loaded in the unit in the glove compartment, and they play on the PCM when the car is stationary. They come from different sources and years, so different resolutions, bit rates, etc. The only tricky part is that when the video first starts, you have to hit the "full screen" button on the PCM display for the image to appear. Otherwise, you'll only get the soundtrack. I found that out by trial and error, as it was not mentioned anywhere in the instructions. Good luck with your situation.
Old 10-09-2018, 11:04 PM
ClayMan28
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

2019 launched today in Canada. $3200 price increase and a handful of new options including HUD.
Old 10-09-2018, 11:33 PM
FriscoTexasGuy
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ClayMan28
2019 launched today in Canada. $3200 price increase and a handful of new options including HUD.
Good news for the U.S. which should soon follow. Glad to see HUD and cupholder covers!
Old 10-10-2018, 06:28 PM
bosch
Advanced

Originally Posted by fgv1it
I have mp4 music videos on an SD card, loaded in the unit in the glove compartment, and they play on the PCM when the car is stationary. They come from different sources and years, so different resolutions, bit rates, etc. The only tricky part is that when the video first starts, you have to hit the "full screen" button on the PCM display for the image to appear. Otherwise, you'll only get the soundtrack. I found that out by trial and error, as it was not mentioned anywhere in the instructions. Good luck with your situation.
Thanks. Perhaps I'll try a SD card instead of the USB stick...
Old 10-11-2018, 11:07 PM
Galavanta
Intermediate

Are you guys getting excessive rusting on the front brake disks?

I have included two photos, the first one is the front brake disk and it looks excessively rusty? the second is the rear and it looks normal to me (left and right are the same) it seems like the front disks don’t have that protective cap on them, my wife has a Macan and all four of hers have the cap, also this is my second 971 and I don’t remember this happening to my first one, please can someone take a look at yours and let me know if you have the rusting or the cap on the front. Cheers.

Front

Rear
Old 10-11-2018, 11:39 PM
Pana TJ
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Galavanta
Are you guys getting excessive rusting on the front brake disks?

I have included two photos, the first one is the front brake disk and it looks excessively rusty? the second is the rear and it looks normal to me (left and right are the same) it seems like the front disks don’t have that protective cap on them, my wife has a Macan and all four of hers have the cap, also this is my second 971 and I don’t remember this happening to my first one, please can someone take a look at yours and let me know if you have the rusting or the cap on the front. Cheers.

Front

Rear
I just looked at my brake rotors. Similar to yours. Fronts show a rust color inside the rotors and the back brakes show more of a painted finish. They must be completely different types of rotors on the fronts and the backs. I am driving a 2018 Panamera 4 E-Hybrid with 1500 miles.
Old 10-11-2018, 11:43 PM
Galavanta
Intermediate

Thanks Pana TJ, its good to know this is normal, mine is about two weeks old with about 300km
Old 10-20-2018, 03:16 PM
Wilson Laidlaw
Racer

Received 70 Likes on 52 Posts

Has anyone else found the latest version of the Car Connect App (1.18.1.158) is giving mismatched readings compared with the indicated electric range on the car. For example for the last few days, the Connect App has been saying in the morning after an overnight charge (at 7.2 kW/H rate) that the charged e-Range is between 14 and 16 miles. When I get into the car, I typically find the indicated e-Range is 26 to 27 miles. I have tried with both my iPhones (UK and French account phones) and they give the same faulty information.

Wilson
Old 10-20-2018, 03:25 PM
James Walker
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Wilson Laidlaw
Has anyone else found the latest version of the Car Connect App (1.18.1.158) is giving mismatched readings compared with the indicated electric range on the car. For example for the last few days, the Connect App has been saying in the morning after an overnight charge (at 7.2 kW/H rate) that the charged e-Range is between 14 and 16 miles. When I get into the car, I typically find the indicated e-Range is 26 to 27 miles. I have tried with both my iPhones (UK and French account phones) and they give the same faulty information.

Wilson
I am seeing the same problem.
Old 10-20-2018, 03:52 PM
Pana TJ
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wilson
Same thing for me as well. After a full Charge, the connect app shows E range of 17 miles. The car always indicates between 25 and 30 miles. Also, on the app, it seems to always show the charger is plugged in, even though it has been unplugged for several hours.
Old 10-20-2018, 04:21 PM
louver
Advanced

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

I too have been seeing consistently low electric-range estimates on the app version 1.18.1.158. As far as I can tell, the battery charge percentage is accurate, but the miles are not. In addition to this, the tire pressure information is wildly wrong--not even close.
Old 10-20-2018, 04:42 PM
louver
Advanced

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

I posted a question on another thread and haven't gotten any suggestions: How can we report issues that we believe to be software bugs to Porsche?

The service department does not seem to be set up for a bug-reporting role. The issue with the mobile app not in sync with the car on e-range and tire pressure is an example.

I have had a prior example. The last time my car was in for service, I reported a probable bug, in that the configurable-diamond-button on the steering wheel won't stay configured for the Surround View function. (It works for a while and then suddenly there is nothing configured.) It works as advertised for other functions, but not for Surround View (in my limited experience, anyway). This has the feel of a software bug to me. So I reported it to the service adviser, who duly noted it on the service report. I specifically opined that it was a software bug and not something to be fixed locally. Wasted words. When I picked up the car, the technician who had worked on it "could not reproduce" the problem. Case closed. (For what it's worth, we decided it would be more useful to configure the button for raising the suspension rather than for Surround View anyway. So the bug no longer affects us, but I suppose it is still there.)

My other car is a Tesla. Tesla drivers have a handy in-car mechanism for reporting software bugs directly to the Tesla mother ship. You can record spoken words and even do a screen capture for documentation, submitting it all directly through the internet connection and without going through a service department. Porsche needs something similar, but I am unaware of anything.
Old 10-20-2018, 04:57 PM
cometguy
Burning Brakes

Received 219 Likes on 154 Posts

louver, there are other such bugs that have been reported in recent months, as well. Several of us confirmed that the option to have the rear wiper turn on automatically when backing up (a so-called option in the menu, anyway) does not work. Yes, it would be good if there was a venue for reporting directly back to Porsche, and it's bad that Porsche service techs can't even do that.
Old 10-20-2018, 11:22 PM
Galavanta
Intermediate

Wilson
Mine has been great [touch wood] I use the app about once or twice a week and It's been very accurate every time. (I'm also using ver. 1.18.1.158)

Quick Reply: Panamera 4 E-hybrid Owners Thread