Panamera 2010-Current

Panamera 4 E-hybrid Owners Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2018, 05:01 PM
James Walker
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default E-hybrid charging times

I have a Panamera 4 e-hybrid ST with the 7.2kw onboard charger. I have installed a 220v 50 amp hardwired outlet for the supplied wall mounted charger. The book (see below) says the high voltage battery should charge from empty in 1.1-1.4 hours. It does not! The best I have seen is 2.3. Anyone else getting a 1 hour ish charge?

Old 07-20-2018, 05:50 PM
cometguy
Burning Brakes

Received 219 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by James Walker
I have a Panamera 4 e-hybrid ST with the 7.2kw onboard charger. I have installed a 220v 50 amp hardwired outlet for the supplied wall mounted charger. The book (see below) says the high voltage battery should charge from empty in 1.1-1.4 hours. It does not! The best I have seen is 2.3. Anyone else getting a 1 hour ish charge?
That's the S E-Hybrid (first-generation) Panamera that you're citing in that manual. They had smaller battery capacities.
Old 07-21-2018, 06:55 PM
sriklin
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi all,
I finally got my 2018 Panamera e-Hybrid back this week, and so far the GPS remains fully operational. The dealership checked out the three components of the GPS system and determined that the antenna and module were okay. They happened to have a cable from another Porsche that had been removed, so they connected it to my antenna and module. The cable replacement solved the problem. They had spoken with Porsche, who told that they were still working through the cable issue with the cable manufacturer, so no specific replacement cable would be available for the foreseeable future. The dealership gave me the option of installing the used cable from another Porsche that was working. Since that was the only certain solution, I felt it was the only real choice I had if I wanted to get my car back.

The dealership also replaced the electric charging port door, as it had locked up tight the third time the dealership replaced the GPS module. This door works much smoother than the original. I have to wait 3 weeks before I can put the nano ceramic coating on the port door, like I had done to the rest of the car, so that it will match completely. I had Ceramic Pro applied by a certified dealer, and the car still looks spectacular.

Finally, the Porsche North America dispute resolution team handled the situation very well, staying on top of things for the last month that my Panamera was at the dealership. They treated me very fairly, and offered me reasonable compensation for the inconvenience involved. This was not a great situation, but this is my second Porsche and will not be the last. I am on the list for a Taycan.
Old 07-21-2018, 08:26 PM
manitou202
Burning Brakes

Received 406 Likes on 158 Posts

I just joined the club this morning. I came from a 991.2 GT3 (crazy I know, but check out my thread over in the GT3 forum is you're interested in my rationale) and I'm loving the Sport Turismo.

Here are a few pictures. By the way I was able to fit a convertible car seat in the middle with my other two kids in boosters on the sides.

The following users liked this post:
AZP (03-17-2022)
Old 07-21-2018, 10:02 PM
JCBH
Rennlist Member

Received 135 Likes on 53 Posts

Looks great - well done and enjoy.
Jeff
Old 07-22-2018, 05:20 AM
ssiminou
Banned

Received 106 Likes on 70 Posts

For those of you in the US (I’m in CA) who financed or purchased your Panamera 4 e-hybrids, how did you get the $6670 tax credit? Is there a IRS form the dealer gives you that must be passed down to your CPA?

I know the credit is used as a discount if your lease, off MSRP. I’m asking because this other sales associate I got an email from offered 10k off sticker on a car in stock, and gave me a lease quote with a .0027 MF (almost 6.5% apr). And said that if I finance, I don’t get the credit (which I think is incorrect). On a 126k car, the 36 month payment was $1850, which is stupidly high. He said that Porsche Money Factors are so high because the cars are “limited production” (once again, kinda BS).
Old 07-22-2018, 06:02 AM
ssiminou
Banned

I’d also appreciate someone who lives in CA and ordered personalized plates telling me how they did it. I’m a little confused on how I’m supposed to time things, especially since I’m order to pickup my car from PEC, I need to show them the temporary registration. I thought I could order plates and have the dealer just register the car to them, but my SA said it’s not possible.
Old 07-22-2018, 07:35 AM
lbcgolf
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by ssiminou
For those of you in the US (I’m in CA) who financed or purchased your Panamera 4 e-hybrids, how did you get the $6670 tax credit? Is there a IRS form the dealer gives you that must be passed down to your CPA?

I know the credit is used as a discount if your lease, off MSRP. I’m asking because this other sales associate I got an email from offered 10k off sticker on a car in stock, and gave me a lease quote with a .0027 MF (almost 6.5% apr). And said that if I finance, I don’t get the credit (which I think is incorrect). On a 126k car, the 36 month payment was $1850, which is stupidly high. He said that Porsche Money Factors are so high because the cars are “limited production” (once again, kinda BS).
Back in 2013 when I bought a Fiat 500E, I just made a copy of the sales contract (that long frigging form printed on a dot matrix printer. Can't believe they still use those) and gave it to my CPA. He took care of the rest. I suspect it's still the same thing. Dunno a thing about leases since I've never done them, but I know the leasing company is supposed to receive the federal credit and therefore pass it on to you, as you said in the form of a discount on your lease. Yes the sales guy don't know jack. You can still get full federal credit even if you finance the purchase.

Originally Posted by ssiminou
I’d also appreciate someone who lives in CA and ordered personalized plates telling me how they did it. I’m a little confused on how I’m supposed to time things, especially since I’m order to pickup my car from PEC, I need to show them the temporary registration. I thought I could order plates and have the dealer just register the car to them, but my SA said it’s not possible.
Order the plate directly from the dmv site. Takes 8 to 12 weeks for it to be ready, then you get a notice in the mail to go pick it up at your nearest dmv office. You just let the dealer register the car as they would with any purchase. Wait for the standard plates arrive, you put them on if they arrive before your personalized ones are ready. When your personalized plates are ready at the dmv, you take the standard ones off and go exchange them for the personalized ones. Pain in the rear, isn't it? I asked my dealer just a couple of days ago if there was a faster process, I just wanted the black heritage plates rather than the standard white ones, and he told me no.

As far as the PEC delivery is concerned, isn't it just like buying at the dealer except you're taking delivery at the PEC? Why would you need to show them temporary registration? I'm guessing they're just going to stick the temporary registration to the windshield just like they do it at the dealership. All the special interest and vanity plates, you just do it after you bought the car and the dealer registered it for a standard plate. Apparently AAA can handle your order too if you're a member, but I'm not.
Old 07-22-2018, 07:43 AM
ssiminou
Banned

PEC sent me an email with all the things I need to bring on delivery day. I have to complete all contracts around two weeks before PEC delivery. When the standard plates and registration arrive, I have to show them to PEC, as well as insurance verification. They want to make sure the car is fully mine before I take it from PEC. But I believe my car will never go to my dealer, just straight to PEC. I think I’ll order the plates in a little while, so I can pick them up and swap them out for the standard ones in the same day, probably sometime after delivery.

But honestly, the money factors, MRM, and residuals are total BS for a car that wins so many resale value awards. As if Porsche doesn’t make enough per car, they make a ton on interest and options. And think about all the rebates that are going to Porsche if you lease the car.

I went on the IRS website and found a form for Plug-In hybrid rebates. I’ll just fill in VIN info and model name and hand the rest to my CPA.
Old 07-22-2018, 09:07 AM
manitou202
Burning Brakes

Received 406 Likes on 158 Posts

ssiminou,

What state do you live in? Some states are providing additional tax credits. Colorado for example provides an additional $5,000, so I'm getting roughly $11,000 back between the federal and state tax credits. Check out the website below.

https://pluginamerica.org/why-go-plu...al-incentives/

Your CPA is probably going to need a copy of the sales contract. You don't need to send it in with your taxes, but he will probably want it on record in case of an audit.
Old 07-22-2018, 12:34 PM
ssiminou
Banned

I live in California. Unfortunately, the Panny Hybrid doesn’t qualify for the carpool lane sticker or the additional $2,500 in benefits that a Tesla buyer would get. I’ll defintiely send a copy of the contract to my CPA as well as the form. However, California Edison offers special rates for Plug-In Hybrid/Electric car owners.

Does anyone know of any rebates or discounts for Nema 14-50 outlet installations in California? I’m going to have to park at outside, but since it barely rains, I’m not concerned too much.
Old 07-22-2018, 04:06 PM
rklann
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The federal tax credit is taken when you fill out your 2018 1040 Tax Return. Use Form 8910 for you vehicle credit and Form 8911 for your property credit (charging equipment/electrical installation). In California, there is no longer a tax credit for electric vehicles or equipment. In addition, your local utility may offer a tax credit for electric vehicles. In San Diego, San Diego Gas & Electric offers a $500.00 credit on your electric bill.
Old 07-24-2018, 04:45 AM
ajriches01
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Car looks great Manitou - and a lovely family of course.

Call me over cautious but I am not convinced about the rear facing in the middle - I assume it's a seat belt system as no Isofix in the middle? I cannot help but feel that any sideways movement especially would be above what is safe - notwithstanding any risk to anyone in the outside seats. Ditto in an emergency stop if the base is not fully supporter. Just my view of course.
Old 07-24-2018, 04:56 AM
K777
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

@Manitou - looks great (looks strangely familiar )

GPS is working still. Happy again.
Old 07-24-2018, 05:22 AM
ssiminou
Banned

Quick Question on Interior Lighting:

If I do not option either Ambient Lighting options, is the interior lighting white LEDs as standard or the ugly yellow lights that i absolutely hate. I would love to see some night time pictures if possible (of non Ambient Lighting cars).

thinking back now, I should’ve just optioned for it...

Quick Reply: Panamera 4 E-hybrid Owners Thread