Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

Isudar Carplay for PCM 3.1

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2024, 10:59 AM
ZedZed
Burning Brakes

Received 217 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally Posted by Roman ACS
I know my mr12volt system uses wifi and Bluetooth together. We don't seem to have these issues.
As far as I know, Android Auto and Carplay require the use of wifi and Bluetooth together in order to work at all.
The following users liked this post:
Chuck245 (03-28-2024)
Old 03-27-2024, 11:04 AM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,662 Likes on 2,713 Posts

I know my mr12volt system uses wifi and Bluetooth together. We don't seem to have these issues.
Any system can experience this problem if the GPS data stops getting to the phone, loose the GPS signal and the map updates stop.
Chuck245 (03-28-2024)
Old 03-27-2024, 11:12 AM
ZedZed
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Westcoast
Any system can experience this problem if the GPS data stops getting to the phone, loose the GPS signal and the map updates stop.
S'right. Three things have to all be working for proper operation - it isn't somehow better with one manufacturer or another.

1, GPS data has to be available from the satellites. This is usually OK unless the receiver is in a tunnel, in a heavily wooded area etc, or Mr Putin is playing games.
2) An internet connection needs to be available for real-time updates, such as traffic, police alerts, weather etc.
3) Bluetooth and wifi need to be working properly (for Carplay and AA). BT is needed to establish the connection between the HU and the phone and wifi is needed to handle the datastream between the two.
Old 03-27-2024, 11:22 AM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,662 Likes on 2,713 Posts

^^^ in addition to the point above and referencing the bolded below...

Originally Posted by ssmith96
So generally speaking this has been working well for me, but I am running into an issue where the GPS on my CarPlay gets randomly stuck (google maps, waze doesn't matter) unless I take my phone out of my pocket, unlock it, sometimes open the google maps app and lock it. Doesn't happen in any of my car's with OEM carplay. has this happened to anyone? It will literally just randomly show me stuck somewhere along my drive until I do this unlock/lock thing.
There can be instances where the phone seems to stop the GPS data process, I have (as I mentioned) experienced this as well, where I had to grab the phone (when safely stopped ) and wake it up by unlocking it, normal operation resumes.
Old 03-28-2024, 02:41 AM
ssmith96
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 14 Posts

So does literally every single CarPlay system. That's how the CarPlay standard works, WiFi & BT....

If you're going to try to promote your product and infer another in inferior, I would try another way other than stating that your system does something that they literally all must do.
The following 2 users liked this post by ssmith96:
Chuck245 (03-28-2024), ZedZed (03-28-2024)
Old 03-28-2024, 06:26 AM
Roman ACS
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 126 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by ssmith96
So does literally every single CarPlay system. That's how the CarPlay standard works, WiFi & BT....

If you're going to try to promote your product and infer another in inferior, I would try another way other than stating that your system does something that they literally all must do.
I literally said we use the same connection but arbt having these issues. That's how it's different, at least in this aspect.

Our website is now LIVE! please visit us at www.ACSByRoman.com

COUPON CODE "toys" FOR FREE INSTALL KIT!

On site install is available in the Philadelphia PA area as is Global shipping!

CLICK HERE JOIN OUR FACEBOOK GROUP
Old 03-28-2024, 10:31 AM
ZedZed
Burning Brakes

I literally said we use the same connection but arbt having these issues. That's how it's different, at least in this aspect.
But the clear implication in your post was that because Mr 12v uses wifi and Bluetooth together, they don't have 'loss of signal' issues.

If Mr 12v has some form of superior wifi or Bluetooth implementation to the others, your putative claim would be entirely valid. So does it?
Old 03-28-2024, 10:44 AM
Roman ACS
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by ZedZed
But the clear implication in your post was that because Mr 12v uses wifi and Bluetooth together, they don't have 'loss of signal' issues.

If Mr 12v has some form of superior wifi or Bluetooth implementation to the others, your putative claim would be entirely valid. So does it?
All systems that use the phone to get a GPS signal are subject to GPS reception issues, such as being in a concrete parking garage. But your factory Navi will have the same issue.

Yes, I our hardware is not the same as other kits. So, no it will not perform the same. Being able to advertise lossless audio means you need to have a pretty damn good connection to your device to carry that amount data.

My claim is that I've removed about 15 isudar (and clone) kits in the shop and installed mr12volt. Not once the other way around. I also had isudar in my own vehicle so I have personal experience with the system for about 5 months.

People are much happier in all aspects. We don't have people complaining about the certain issues that isudar and their clones have/had.

I always advise people to try them out side by side. Then you will see and hear the difference very clearly.

Last edited by Roman ACS; 03-28-2024 at 10:47 AM.
gdclnfn (03-28-2024)
Old 03-28-2024, 10:54 AM
ZedZed
Burning Brakes

Yes, I our hardware is not the same as other kits. So, no it will not perform the same. Being able to advertise lossless audio means you need to have a pretty damn good connection to your device to carry that amount data.
Well, nobody was discussing audio (where lossless does need more bandwidth to handle the additional data in the stream), but since you bring it up... are you saying that the bandwidth capacity of wifi in Mr 12V is different/greater than in Isudar? Can you quantify the difference?

For data transmission that we were actually discussing (in relation to satellite navigation), having massive additional bandwidth (which may be needed for lossless audio) is of no great benefit. Unused bandwidth left 'on the table' is meaningless.

So how does the greater wifi bandwidth in Mr 12V benefit the bandwidth required for satnav?

Last edited by ZedZed; 03-28-2024 at 10:55 AM.
Old 03-28-2024, 10:56 AM
Roman ACS
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Well, nobody was discussing audio, but since you bring it up... are you saying that the bandwidth capacity of wifi in Mr 12V is different/greater than in Isudar? Can you quantify the difference?

For data transmission that we were actually discussing (in relation to satellite navigation), having massive additional bandwidth (which may be needed for lossless audio) is of no great benefit. Unused bandwidth left 'on the table' is meaningless.

So how does the greater wifi bandwidth in Mr 12V benefit the bandwidth required for satnav?
I have no hardware stats to provide as they don't give that out. I just speak from what I see first hand after handling more of these systems than probably anyone in the USA.

Old 03-28-2024, 11:01 AM
ZedZed
Burning Brakes

I have no hardware stats to provide as they don't give that out. I just speak from what I see first hand after handling more of these systems than probably anyone in the USA.

So your statements about superior connectivity or bandwidth were just speculation?

Last edited by ZedZed; 03-28-2024 at 11:02 AM.
Old 03-28-2024, 11:06 AM
Roman ACS
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

So your statements about superior connectivity or bandwidth were just speculation?
If my first hand experience and that of the sea of our users is speculation, sure. Your welcome to do your own side by side testing.
​​​​
Old 03-28-2024, 11:12 AM
ZedZed
Burning Brakes

If my first hand experience and that of the sea of our users is speculation, sure. Your welcome to do your own side by side testing.
​​​​
So the evidence to back up your claim of superior hardware is just anecdotal? Fair enough. Perhaps a strong claim to make with no more than anecdotal support.
Old 03-28-2024, 11:17 AM
Roman ACS
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

So the evidence to back up your claim of superior hardware is just anecdotal? Fair enough. Perhaps a strong claim to make with no more than anecdotal support.
Call it anecdotal or speculative. Whatever helps you sleep at night. Side by side its pretty clear.
Old 03-28-2024, 11:37 AM
ZedZed
Burning Brakes

Call it anecdotal or speculative. Whatever helps you sleep at night. Side by side its pretty clear.
'Side by side' (or 'based on personal observation') is what 'anecdotal' means. At least we agree that you have no substantive evidence for your claim that Mr 12V is inherently superior. As it is more expensive than Isudar, I'd hope it would be better! But making claims unsupported other than by anecdotal evidence is probably not the best way to put across Mr 12V's alleged advantages. If your product is superior, then tell people why and they will flock to it. Making dubious claims is more likely to put people off.

I have heard only good things about the Mr 12V solution and am disappointed that unsubstantiated claims need to be made in an undisguised sales pitch.
Chuck245 (03-28-2024)

Quick Reply: Isudar Carplay for PCM 3.1