cayo
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by siberian
See if this gentleman can help you @rnlst_log

siberian
@rnlst_log

hello Siberian , thank you very much!
yesterday I am trying to code road traffic sign on my cayenne 9YB (coupe’) coding ZFAS MIB2 and KOMBI with QR9 but automatic coding was going in failure ( error during f-tab) . Probably ZFAS was coded in automatic , but MIB2 and KOMBI no .
Now I have function emergency stop not available ( temporary condition , possible to continue driving).
I can not to reset they in fault memory …

I think I need to code in automatic

Last edited by cayo; 12-10-2023 at 12:57 PM.
Old 12-10-2023, 12:57 PM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,319 Likes on 1,378 Posts

See if clearing all codes and then perform an Auto Code of all modules will reset things to where you were.

siberian
Old 12-10-2023, 12:59 PM
cayo
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Unfortunately the errors are not cleanable🤨
Old 12-10-2023, 01:33 PM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,319 Likes on 1,378 Posts

Check with the above gentleman in that case

siberian
Old 12-12-2023, 04:58 AM
trancenation
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking forward to obtaining a setup!
Old 12-16-2023, 12:48 PM
cayenneshybridmm
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, anyone can help me how to change the Model Logo displayed on PCM using PIWIS 3? Please, thank you
Old 12-18-2023, 05:10 AM
rainer
Instructor

Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

You mean like this?

as an example for a Macan you can find it under

ECU =Kombiinstrument
Coding = Kodierwert: Codierbyte 3 Fahrzeugvariante (= Macan Turb​o S in my case, or any other model offered there in the pull-down menu)

Originally Posted by cayenneshybridmm
Hi, anyone can help me how to change the Model Logo displayed on PCM using PIWIS 3? Please, thank you
Old 12-28-2023, 12:49 AM
Pluto
6th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do you guys know what the 'Steering Wheel Electronics' control unit is called in German in 'E' mode? Can't seem to find the equivalent when going down the list. I must be blind. For a 958.1 Cayenne.
Old 12-29-2023, 12:40 PM
rainer
Instructor

Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Pluto
Do you guys know what the 'Steering Wheel Electronics' control unit is called in German in 'E' mode? Can't seem to find the equivalent when going down the list. I must be blind. For a 958.1 Cayenne.
"Kombilenkstockmodul" is what you most likely look for, it contains coding for e.g. heated steering wheel and all other values around the steering wheel and column.

There's also a module "MFL" which represents the small ECU inside the steering wheel, but nothing to code there. Basically just the part nr you can see there.

Last edited by rainer; 12-29-2023 at 12:45 PM.
Old 12-29-2023, 06:12 PM
sddynamix
Rennlist Member

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

In case this helps anyone - I ordered a VNCI PT3G - it does not seem to play nicely with the USB controller on the intel macbooks.

My old setup was Parallels/Win 10/VAS 6154, which I broke the USB connector off of. Wireless mode was hit or miss - had to use a USB wireless adapter, but I'd run into a lot of timeouts while trying to load menus.

Decided to pick up a VNCI PT3G to replace it, but it won't stay "connected" to my Macbook (looks like the device goes through some sort of a reboot loop and constantly connects/disconnects). Tested it on an old Windows laptop and on an M2 Max and the device stays connected/on.

Now I'm waiting for a refurbed Thinkpad T480 to arrive so I can have a dedicated machine and not have to deal w/VMs. Like a lot of others here, I had lots of awesome support from @rnlst_log !
Old 12-29-2023, 07:10 PM
Stephen Shi
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by sddynamix
In case this helps anyone - I ordered a VNCI PT3G - it does not seem to play nicely with the USB controller on the intel macbooks.

My old setup was Parallels/Win 10/VAS 6154, which I broke the USB connector off of. Wireless mode was hit or miss - had to use a USB wireless adapter, but I'd run into a lot of timeouts while trying to load menus.

Decided to pick up a VNCI PT3G to replace it, but it won't stay "connected" to my Macbook (looks like the device goes through some sort of a reboot loop and constantly connects/disconnects). Tested it on an old Windows laptop and on an M2 Max and the device stays connected/on.

Now I'm waiting for a refurbed Thinkpad T480 to arrive so I can have a dedicated machine and not have to deal w/VMs. Like a lot of others here, I had lots of awesome support from @rnlst_log !
Is a PT3G plug-and-play with an existing Piwis 3 setup? Do you need to reconfigure the PT3G?
Old 12-30-2023, 01:35 AM
runbuh
Pro

Received 182 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by Pluto
Not sure, but I've used the Google Translate app on my smartphone, put it in camera mode, and scrolled through the modules.
Old 01-01-2024, 08:31 PM
Body In White
Rennlist Member

Received 379 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by sddynamix

I have a legit VNCI PT3G that I picked up from a dealership that was shutting down. Most of the PIWIS III images are set up for VAS 6154 driver. You need to uninstall that driver to get the PT3G to be recognized by the PIWIS III software. For me, the driver was located at C:\Program Files (x86)\VCX\Manager\Apps\14 > run install.exe and choose “Uninstall”. If the PT3G has an old firmware, then the PIWIS software will update it the first time it’s connected to a car and a connection is established after the “model selection” screen.
Old 01-02-2024, 02:59 AM
don16
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Body In White
I have a legit VNCI PT3G that I picked up from a dealership that was shutting down. Most of the PIWIS III images are set up for VAS 6154 driver. You need to uninstall that driver to get the PT3G to be recognized by the PIWIS III software. For me, the driver was located at C:\Program Files (x86)\VCX\Manager\Apps\14 > run install.exe and choose “Uninstall”. If the PT3G has an old firmware, then the PIWIS software will update it the first time it’s connected to a car and a connection is established after the “model selection” screen.
You sure it's a VNCI? Orange adaptor?
Old 01-02-2024, 08:31 PM
MB 911
Instructor

Received 43 Likes on 22 Posts
Default PIWIS 3 clone and PPN

Has anyone added a ligit PPN account access to a clone PIWIS 3 unit?

Quick Reply: Received my new PIWIS III