New Corvette...

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2013, 02:19 AM
z06801
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by skxf430
Ha ha hah.

Ok, ok,. This one is a little less racy but not by much.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...p-2850lbs.html
Jason from Katech car^this would be a great buy!! IMO a much better car than the other one hands down. If I had a quick sale for my turbo I would buy this.
Old 04-09-2013, 07:55 AM
M3EvoBR
Banned

Oh yes perfect, who needs safety, right ?
One of the smartest comments so far.
Old 04-09-2013, 07:57 AM
M3EvoBR
Banned

Oh perfect comment ... who needs safety gear right ?
Old 04-09-2013, 12:36 PM
MM3.9GT3
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by jenk12m
Seems like all the vettes have super duper long mod list just to make them capable on track
A Z06 Carbon edition is very capable right out of the box. Given equally skilled drivers, it will be slightly faster than a 4.0.

Originally Posted by z06801
Jason from Katech car^this would be a great buy!! IMO a much better car than the other one hands down. If I had a quick sale for my turbo I would buy this.
This is a great car, but it is somewhat odd that these items are missing. Directly from the ad: "This car is extremely track-ready and capable. Put in some race seats, harnesses, a cage, and you have yourself a racecar".
Old 04-09-2013, 12:53 PM
mikymu
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by MM3.9GT3
This is a great car, but it is somewhat odd that these items are missing. Directly from the ad: "This car is extremely track-ready and capable. Put in some race seats, harnesses, a cage, and you have yourself a racecar".
That's normal for corvette crowd. Big power and huge mod list but no race seats or roll bar. Contrary even the oldest and least power Porsche have proper race seat, harness and roll bar on the track. Porsche drivers in general are much more dedicated track driver where as corvette is more for show.
Old 04-09-2013, 01:17 PM
z06801
Rennlist Member

It is odd that he didn't put seats and a roll bar, Katech is a Road racing company they build the motors for Corvette racing, Cadillac, ect, this one is built to go, I would not track it at near it's potential without some safety added.
Old 04-09-2013, 01:20 PM
jenk12m
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Definitely needs those safety features before you put in on track
Old 04-09-2013, 03:21 PM
Quikag
Rennlist Member

Received 245 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by mikymu
That's normal for corvette crowd. Big power and huge mod list but no race seats or roll bar. Contrary even the oldest and least power Porsche have proper race seat, harness and roll bar on the track. Porsche drivers in general are much more dedicated track driver where as corvette is more for show.
It's because the Corvette doesn't need race seats, harnesses, and a roll bar to work over the majority of P-cars on the track. Jason's Katech car could outrun every P-car on the market short of a Cup car with or without race seats.
Old 04-09-2013, 04:29 PM
Quikag
Rennlist Member

nm
Old 04-09-2013, 04:32 PM
Quikag
Rennlist Member

nm
Old 04-09-2013, 04:33 PM
Quikag
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jenk12m
Quik, nobody said the car wasn't fast. It's just a matter of safety. Hopefully, you have all those safety bits in your zr1
I was just throwing a bit of fuel on the fire for fun, but your response and mikymu's response was too tame and professional. Oh well. I like this board.

Okay, I don't know Jason's car specifically, but it's quite possible he pulled the seats, rails, harnesses, harness bar, etc. for his next car and put back in the stock stuff for sale. He certainly has enough money in the car to not skimp on those important items.

On my car, I actually just got off the phone with a good local shop checking on my order. I placed an order with them last week for two Cobra Suzuka GT seats with slide rails, mounts, etc., harness bar, and fancy six-point harnesses. This will go well with my new Simpson carbon fiber helmet and new fancy carbon fiber HANS device all ordered in the past few days.

My days of being an idiot with only a CG lock and a helmet flying around the track in my stock ZR1 on slicks are over.
Old 04-09-2013, 04:34 PM
Quikag
Rennlist Member

Why did my post go in front of mikeymu and jenk12m's post? Weird as I posted after they did.
Old 04-09-2013, 04:46 PM
wanna911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by M3EvoBR
Such a smart comment ... nothing to do with speed, but with safety.
Agree.

Originally Posted by Quikag
It's because the Corvette doesn't need race seats, harnesses, and a roll bar to work over the majority of P-cars on the track. Jason's Katech car could outrun every P-car on the market short of a Cup car with or without race seats.
What? Try thinking about that for a second and then posting again. Post makes zero sense.

I was just throwing a bit of fuel on the fire for fun, but your response and mikymu's response was too tame and professional. Oh well. I like this board.

Okay, I don't know Jason's car specifically, but it's quite possible he pulled the seats, rails, harnesses, harness bar, etc. for his next car and put back in the stock stuff for sale. He certainly has enough money in the car to not skimp on those important items.

On my car, I actually just got off the phone with a good local shop checking on my order. I placed an order with them last week for two Cobra Suzuka GT seats with slide rails, mounts, etc., harness bar, and fancy six-point harnesses. This will go well with my new Simpson carbon fiber helmet and new fancy carbon fiber HANS device all ordered in the past few days.

My days of being an idiot with only a CG lock and a helmet flying around the track in my stock ZR1 on slicks are over.
If it's just a harness bar, you are still an idiot for wearing a hans and and driving a car that fast with zero roll protection.

Not speaking in judgement though. I've been an idiot, and still am until I get a full cage.
Old 04-09-2013, 04:49 PM
mikymu
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

true but not very safe. Plus it will scare the crap out of any passenger buckle down in the sofa. I had more people telling me they will never take a ride in a corvette without six point harness .... kind of like this poor soul lol

Old 04-09-2013, 04:52 PM
jenk12m
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quik, nobody said the car wasn't fast. It's just a matter of safety. Hopefully, you have all those safety bits in your zr1

Quick Reply: New Corvette...