Notices

New Corvette...

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2013, 11:20 PM
werks
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Agreed. It was a private rental track day for their customers. Some of the wives/GF's of people attending were given a few lap rides in cars and some of them were not the most familiar with what they should and should not be doing even though they had a safety meeting to discuss all of this. After that outing though they got her suited up in full safety gear and took her for a ride in this:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3569/...5df5f323_o.jpg

Which is a Katech powered full race Fall Line motorsport built car with sequential etc. etc.
Old 04-09-2013, 11:21 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,662 Likes on 856 Posts

Awesome! Fall Line builds superb cars. I have driven one of their BMW's at Autobahn. Very impressed.
Old 04-09-2013, 11:27 PM
werks
Advanced

Yep that car is owned by an Autobahn member too! Fun track.
Old 04-10-2013, 12:47 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,665 Likes on 773 Posts

Porsche crumple and ball up.
Cage is better but I consider it the safest car I can still drive on the streetlight just a roll bar.

Corvettes scatter on impact, I think I would need a cage, they are light for a reason and I just don't trust the targa like roof structure as much as German cars, but specially 911's
Old 04-10-2013, 12:50 AM
mikymu
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by werks
Lol, that picture was taken at Autobahn during Katechs Track Attack event and that girl in the passenger seat was actually having a blast! I will agree with you though that these cars need harnesses and cage. Jason's car though you have to remember was not built to really be a track toy, it is more of a really built up street car that they use to test fit prototype parts on and use for development. He brings the car to events more for a display purpose and might take it out for 1 or 2 sessions. His car however is extremely fast with a power to weight ratio of something like 4.3lbs/hp! We went to an event together at VIR last June and he was hitting 160+ on the back straight after the oak tree/turn 11!
Hey Ron! Welcome to rennlist

This thread got a life of it's own and it's been entertaining. Agree that Jason's car is a monster and what a build. I see alot of similar parts in your car. Once you get up to speed it will be hard to keep up with your car. Post some picture of your Z06 here and I am sure alot of people will appreciate your mods

found couple pic of your Z06

Old 04-10-2013, 01:46 AM
z06801
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yep, that looks mean^
Old 04-10-2013, 02:01 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,749 Likes on 2,355 Posts

Originally Posted by Quikag
Just so I understand you all correctly, every single car that does a track day should have a roll cage or some form of rollover protection beyond what came from the factory? What if said roll cage or rollover protection ends up killing someone because their head bounces off the bar while not wearing a helmet around town?

I guess 85-90% of the cars that run Driver's Edge here have owners that are some stupid asses for not having a full cage, race seats, HANS, fire suits, fire suppression systems, etc. in their car.
a roll bar is not a roll cage
a properly done roll bar will not contact your head in an accident.
Old 04-10-2013, 05:29 AM
911rox
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

48 pages about a corvette on a GT forum! Too much to read but a great looking car, maybe the new trackcar for the future...
Old 04-10-2013, 07:58 AM
zirrah
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mikymu
I started out on M3forum and can't tell you how many times I got flamed for no reason. I have thick callus now and nothing phase me
Yup, me too. E46 Fanatics is even worse than M3F.net
Old 04-10-2013, 11:48 AM
z06801
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mooty
True even in a corvette, My Pfadt roll/Harness bar before I had a cage in the Z06 was nowhere near my head and bolted down 4 points to the frame.
Old 04-10-2013, 11:56 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,662 Likes on 856 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
Yup.

Old 04-10-2013, 02:20 PM
werks
Advanced

Hey Ron! Welcome to rennlist

This thread got a life of it's own and it's been entertaining. Agree that Jason's car is a monster and what a build. I see alot of similar parts in your car. Once you get up to speed it will be hard to keep up with your car. Post some picture of your Z06 here and I am sure alot of people will appreciate your mods
Thanks Mike, ironically I have never personally taken any pictures of my car lol. So anything that you are going to find out there is going to be from other peoples posts. The pictures that you posted were from VIR last june and the red car that you can just see the front part of in the top picture is actually Jason's and you are correct, we do have a lot of the same parts on our cars. The next step for me now is working on Aero which I have just started looking into and then it's more track time and some private coaching. These cars out of the box have so much potential and are such bang for the buck that it's not even funny. Toss a few thousand dollars at them worth of option parts and you can end up with a really serious track weapon as you your self found out with your car!
Old 04-10-2013, 03:00 PM
mikymu
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by werks
Thanks Mike, ironically I have never personally taken any pictures of my car lol. So anything that you are going to find out there is going to be from other peoples posts. The pictures that you posted were from VIR last june and the red car that you can just see the front part of in the top picture is actually Jason's and you are correct, we do have a lot of the same parts on our cars. The next step for me now is working on Aero which I have just started looking into and then it's more track time and some private coaching. These cars out of the box have so much potential and are such bang for the buck that it's not even funny. Toss a few thousand dollars at them worth of option parts and you can end up with a really serious track weapon as you your self found out with your car!
my vote is a nice wing on the back of your Z06!

Old 04-10-2013, 08:28 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,665 Likes on 773 Posts

Looks beautiful
Old 04-10-2013, 09:05 PM
werks
Advanced

my vote is a nice wing on the back of your Z06!
Yep, big wing and equally big splitter to go with it!!

Quick Reply: New Corvette...