New Corvette...

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2013, 07:23 PM
mikymu
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by z06801
I agree with this^ especially till the new z06 comes out. Just replace valve springs, cam, headers and you have a cheap 550+ rwhp plus 6K in Pfadt sways and coilovers and you have a pretty wicked track car. A seat of courseEasy to find 08-09s for less than 50k with no miles. I might do this, sell the turbo and the ST1 race car and just get a c6z06 for a bit while I try to get a funding deal done for my business. Drive it and use it for track days when I instruct.
yup, it is wicked FAST!

Last edited by mikymu; 05-11-2013 at 04:07 AM.
Old 03-20-2013, 07:45 PM
KBS911
Rennlist Member

Received 134 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by mikymu
yup, it is wicked FAST! Just don't ask me why I took turn 11 three wide ...

Damn, that thing covers ground in leaps and bounds. Wicked fast, indeed!
Old 03-20-2013, 08:27 PM
mikymu
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by KBS911
Damn, that thing covers ground in leaps and bounds. Wicked fast, indeed!
yup, this thing is Cup car fast. I am no professional driver and driving at best 6/10 in the video. In the hands of an experience driver this Z06 can do sub 1:50 at Thunderhill easy. Here is a view of my Z06 from another car on the same day just to demonstrate the speed difference - go to 1:40 on the video

action shots

Old 03-20-2013, 09:18 PM
F1CrazyDriver
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

holy f*CK! Mike ! That thing is WICKED !!

Exterior the z06 looks bad ***.... hows the interior holding up ?!

tempted to sell the p for this !
Old 03-20-2013, 09:23 PM
RacingJunkie
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KBS911
I think they were standard seats, pass through but no bolster. I think their is an option though for "race" seats. The Z06 version will probably get the good stuff.
The grey car at Sebring had the standard seats. I had a chance to touch, fell molest the car on Wednesday. Needless to say, I was not impressed.
Old 03-21-2013, 12:33 AM
mikymu
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by F1CrazyDriver

interior is just fine once you swap to proper racing seat. I am amaze every time I look at my lap time driving Z06 then I realize it's not the driver ... it's the car that's fast
Old 03-21-2013, 12:56 AM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 248 Likes on 204 Posts

I've seen low 1:54's at thill with 1st gen zo6's over top on r6's. Pretty amazing cars for the price. What's your best laptime at th over the top at th mikymu? Mike
Old 03-21-2013, 12:57 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,665 Likes on 773 Posts

Mikymu, as ugly as it is on the inside, it looks awesome on the outside. I read all your threads and would love to talk to you about the mod cost and running cost sometime..

C7 interior is acceptable for a 60K car.
The C6 is not even at Kia prices. Not so important but a turn off..
A friend of mine bought. ZR1 and is adding 30lbs of dynomat to quiet down the rattles. He LOVES the car and he has owned Vipers, Porsches, R8 and more, he races, he does DE's in them. I'll be talking to him when he takes it on track.
Old 03-21-2013, 01:06 AM
mikymu
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 996FLT6
I've seen low 1:54's at thill with 1st gen zo6's over top on r6's. Pretty amazing cars for the price. What's your best laptime at th over the top at th mikymu? Mike
1:57 in Z06 and 1:56 in Cup. 2:02 in my 7.1 RS

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Mikymu, as ugly as it is on the inside, it looks awesome on the outside. I read all your threads and would love to talk to you about the mod cost and running cost sometime..

C7 interior is acceptable for a 60K car.
The C6 is not even at Kia prices. Not so important but a turn off..
A friend of mine bought. ZR1 and is adding 30lbs of dynomat to quiet down the rattles. He LOVES the car and he has owned Vipers, Porsches, R8 and more, he races, he does DE's in them. I'll be talking to him when he takes it on track.
stock C6 vette has horrible interior. A rental Chevy Cruz has 10000X better looking interior. My carbon Z06's interior is pretty nice with alcantera appointment. Once you remove the sofa and put in OMP seat then it's all fixed.

Old 03-21-2013, 01:15 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,665 Likes on 773 Posts

Sorry. Once you look beyond the blue stitching ugh..
Not that a GT3'is much better mind you.

But I don't care, just trying to decide between a C6GS and a C7z51.
I'd like to kill them or be proven wrong before the 991RS arrives
Old 03-21-2013, 01:26 AM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Trq from zo6 can be addictive ie passing newhere but damn not an involving car. Mikymu has yet to spin. With gt3/cup- plenty!!! Haha. Mike ps- Neway other zo6 guy Gordy is badass- had a chance to ride shotgun with him. Guy knows how to drive. Never thought of getting a zo6 but after riding with Gordy- u can pass newhere!!! Mike
Old 03-21-2013, 01:36 AM
mikymu
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Sorry. Once you look beyond the blue stitching ugh..
Not that a GT3'is much better mind you.

But I don't care, just trying to decide between a C6GS and a C7z51.
I'd like to kill them or be proven wrong before the 991RS arrives
C7 need couple years before GM work out all the bugs. If I ever get a C7 Z06 it will be 4-5 years from now. It took GM 4 years to fix C6's dry sump system.

like you said, interior is not that important. Can't think of the last time I look at my color stitching racing around the track

Originally Posted by 996FLT6
Trq from zo6 can be addictive ie passing newhere but damn not an involving car. Mikymu has yet to spin. With gt3/cup- plenty!!! Haha. Mike ps- Neway other zo6 guy Gordy is badass- had a chance to ride shotgun with him. Guy knows how to drive. Never thought of getting a zo6 but after riding with Gordy- u can pass newhere!!! Mike
Well, I would have too say Gt3 Cup is too involved and sure make you a good driver but I will shoot myself if I have to drive ti every day. street GT3/RS is plenty involving but too expensive to be a true track toy. Z06 can be just as involved as street GT3 if chose to but that means you will be doing 1:50.2 at Thunderhill with couple spins here and there .... no thanks. I am OK with "slower" lap time and still have one hell of a good time
Old 03-21-2013, 01:36 AM
wanna911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by F1CrazyDriver

I'm still waiting for a good sample of people to show up who have tracked the cars hard for years with no issues. I can't find any. C6 or Z06. Every person I know personally has had motor issues but one and he just picked his up two weeks ago.

I'm talking about sticky tires, aero, driving it HARD. Even with some upgraded internals.

Matt (930Man) bought one, I think it had a pretty recently built motor. They shook it down, then ran it at the GRM UTCC and it blew up. Haven't seen them last very long when you pound on them a lot. And always see one with the hood up and someone looking for a leak, smoke, a ticking sound or something.
Old 03-21-2013, 01:41 AM
mikymu
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by wanna911
I'm still waiting for a good sample of people to show up who have tracked the cars hard for years with no issues. I can't find any. C6 or Z06. Every person I know personally has had motor issues but one and he just picked his up two weeks ago.

I'm talking about sticky tires, aero, driving it HARD. Even with some upgraded internals.

Matt (930Man) bought one, I think it had a pretty recently built motor. They shook it down, then ran it at the GRM UTCC and it blew up. Haven't seen them last very long when you pound on them a lot. And always see one with the hood up and someone looking for a leak, smoke, a ticking sound or something.
that's true for GT3 or any other cars that runs hard on the track. I have not seen that many corvette engine blow up but plenty of Porsche, BMW and Honda light up like Christmas tree.

buy new with warranty and find a dealer that appreciate track junkies and you are good to go. blow an engine? just get it replaced and back in action
Old 03-21-2013, 01:44 AM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mikymu
C7 need couple years before GM work out all the bugs. If I ever get a C7 Z06 it will be 4-5 years from now. It took GM 4 years to fix C6's dry sump system.

like you said, interior is not that important. Can't think of the last time I look at my color stitching racing around the track

Well, I would have too say Gt3 Cup is too involved and sure make you a good driver but I will shoot myself if I have to drive ti every day. street GT3/RS is plenty involving but too expensive to be a true track toy. Z06 can be just as involved as street GT3 if chose to but that means you will be doing 1:50.2 at Thunderhill with couple spins here and there .... no thanks. I am OK with "slower" lap time and still have one hell of a good time
1.50.2 in a street gt3? U are smoking something? Try that in your modded zo6- ain't going to happen. That's 6gt3 cup territory : ). Mike

Quick Reply: New Corvette...