Notices

New Corvette...

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2013, 02:00 AM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 247 Likes on 203 Posts

And besides in your video u punted a white lotus off.wtf? It's a freaking DE - man!!!!mike
Old 03-21-2013, 02:14 AM
DC640
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mikymu

1:57 in Z06 and 1:56 in Cup. 2:02 in my 7.1 RS

stock C6 vette has horrible interior. A rental Chevy Cruz has 10000X better looking interior. My carbon Z06's interior is pretty nice with alcantera appointment. Once you remove the sofa and put in OMP seat then it's all fixed.
It has a nice cup holder next to shift ****. =)
Old 03-21-2013, 02:16 AM
A432
Rennlist Member

Received 379 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by mikymu
yup, it is wicked FAST! Just don't ask me why I took turn 11 three wide ...

What event organizer was this with?
Old 03-21-2013, 03:09 AM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 247 Likes on 203 Posts

Not NASA norcal hpde- he get banned. Mike
Old 03-21-2013, 05:23 AM
mikymu
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 996FLT6
1.50.2 in a street gt3? U are smoking something? Try that in your modded zo6- ain't going to happen. That's 6gt3 cup territory : ). Mike
not street GT3! 1:50.2 is for my Z06

your freaking avatar is gonna get me fired one of these days

Originally Posted by A432
What event organizer was this with?
NCRC
Old 03-21-2013, 07:52 AM
Ur20v
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Fired or blind!?
Old 03-21-2013, 08:01 AM
zirrah
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by wanna911
Originally Posted by F1CrazyDriver
holy f*CK! Mike ! That thing is WICKED !!

Exterior the z06 looks bad ***.... hows the interior holding up ?!

tempted to sell the p for this !

I'm still waiting for a good sample of people to show up who have tracked the cars hard for years with no issues. I can't find any. C6 or Z06. Every person I know personally has had motor issues but one and he just picked his up two weeks ago.

I'm talking about sticky tires, aero, driving it HARD. Even with some upgraded internals.

Matt (930Man) bought one, I think it had a pretty recently built motor. They shook it down, then ran it at the GRM UTCC and it blew up. Haven't seen them last very long when you pound on them a lot. And always see one with the hood up and someone looking for a leak, smoke, a ticking sound or something.
If that's what you are looking for, may wanna visit a 'Vette forum?
Old 03-21-2013, 10:35 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,638 Likes on 761 Posts

Originally Posted by zirrah
If that's what you are looking for, may wanna visit a 'Vette forum?
We do, but its hard to find track junkies running fast with OEM motors that have say 100 or 2/3 years of track time..
Old 03-21-2013, 11:19 AM
zirrah
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
We do, but its hard to find track junkies running fast with OEM motors that have say 100 or 2/3 years of track time..
Ahh ok.
Old 03-21-2013, 12:28 PM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

Received 804 Likes on 458 Posts

I'm still waiting for a good sample of people to show up who have tracked the cars hard for years with no issues. I can't find any. C6 or Z06. Every person I know personally has had motor issues but one and he just picked his up two weeks ago.

I'm talking about sticky tires, aero, driving it HARD. Even with some upgraded internals.

Matt (930Man) bought one, I think it had a pretty recently built motor. They shook it down, then ran it at the GRM UTCC and it blew up. Haven't seen them last very long when you pound on them a lot. And always see one with the hood up and someone looking for a leak, smoke, a ticking sound or something.
Yes to smoky vettes. Most Vette drivers can't stop the engine mod bug and yes most are not good and go kaboom. I still love the LS6 over the newer LS3/7 motors.

Peter with his Muenstral red interior shouldn't throw rocks at a little blue stitching.

Peter
Old 03-21-2013, 12:48 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,638 Likes on 761 Posts

Originally Posted by 85Gold
Peter with his Muenstral red interior shouldn't throw rocks at a little blue stitching.

Peter
Mikymu can take it and yes the bleeding red interior is shameful.
Weird I get tons of compliments on it
Old 03-21-2013, 02:07 PM
wanna911
Race Car

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Yep, been a member of Corvette Forum since 2005 when I had a built C5 Corvette myself. For the fast guys, they consider engines a consumable item, having some sort of failure every year.

There aren't any fast guys that post on CF that haven't grenaded motors or had significant issues. At least I haven't seen any that post regularly and set exemplary times.

The closest I've seen was SpeedSouth who actually built and had a reliable motor in their Z06 for a good while, then went all sponsor with LG motorsports and blew one almost every weekend last year. That car truly was fast, and they ran the crap out of it. But it would still take a good sample of them for me to be convinced. And there just isn't that.

And I'm talking about the ones that run at/near Pro Cup times. Even the Whelen cars eat engines quite a bit. They have a World Challenge and Grand-Am spec car that was only running a limited schedule the last couple of years, and they keep a couple of spare motors in their hauler. Watched them change those out as well at the track. Whatever I drive will be driven hard, I want to know it can take a beating and I won't be sitting in the paddock diddling with the motor every weekend. That's for the birds.

Originally Posted by 85Gold
Yes to smoky vettes. Most Vette drivers can't stop the engine mod bug and yes most are not good and go kaboom. I still love the LS6 over the newer LS3/7 motors.

Peter
LS6's were the truth, guys running them hard at the track with 120k miles on them, FAST guys too. A good heads/cam and they would take the power and still run forever. A factory 427 ls6 based motor making 450 whp stock and 500-520 head cammed would be an awesome motor and last forever. I would take that all day.
Old 03-21-2013, 02:47 PM
z06801
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep, been a member of Corvette Forum since 2005 when I had a built C5 Corvette myself. For the fast guys, they consider engines a consumable item, having some sort of failure every year.

There aren't any fast guys that post on CF that haven't grenaded motors or had significant issues. At least I haven't seen any that post regularly and set exemplary times.

The closest I've seen was SpeedSouth who actually built and had a reliable motor in their Z06 for a good while, then went all sponsor with LG motorsports and blew one almost every weekend last year. That car truly was fast, and they ran the crap out of it. But it would still take a good sample of them for me to be convinced. And there just isn't that.

And I'm talking about the ones that run at/near Pro Cup times. Even the Whelen cars eat engines quite a bit. They have a World Challenge and Grand-Am spec car that was only running a limited schedule the last couple of years, and they keep a couple of spare motors in their hauler. Watched them change those out as well at the track. Whatever I drive will be driven hard, I want to know it can take a beating and I won't be sitting in the paddock diddling with the motor every weekend. That's for the birds.

LS6's were the truth, guys running them hard at the track with 120k miles on them, FAST guys too. A good heads/cam and they would take the power and still run forever. A factory 427 ls6 based motor making 450 whp stock and 500-520 head cammed would be an awesome motor and last forever. I would take that all day.
My LS6 had 110K on the clock when I pulled it out still running strong and in the 1:36.xx s on Millers west track, its getting refresh now and going in my sons 951 great Motor.
On my LS2 went big on cubes but mild on the build resulting in big torque and hopefully reliable, I do have a ARE dry sump with a 3 gallon tank, so far so good
Old 03-21-2013, 03:06 PM
tdf360
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are four of us with C6 Z06 that track regularly in NorCal for the last 3 to 5 years with no issues. All stock motors. We all came from smaller, lighter cars and to a man are very impressed with the C6 Z06, in speed, feel, and especially reliability. I'll say it again, the C6 Z06 is the best handling stock-suspended car I have ever driven, and I have tracked Porsches, Lotuses, BMWs, and Ferraris. Doesn't meet your criteria of aero (well, one of us has aero mods) but all run slicks except one RA-1 user.

Old 03-21-2013, 04:13 PM
wanna911
Race Car

Originally Posted by tdf360
There are four of us with C6 Z06 that track regularly in NorCal for the last 3 to 5 years with no issues. All stock motors. We all came from smaller, lighter cars and to a man are very impressed with the C6 Z06, in speed, feel, and especially reliability. I'll say it again, the C6 Z06 is the best handling stock-suspended car I have ever driven, and I have tracked Porsches, Lotuses, BMWs, and Ferraris. Doesn't meet your criteria of aero (well, one of us has aero mods) but all run slicks except one RA-1 user.
What tracks do you guys run? Any lap reference times?

Do you know many people outside of your circle of friends who run them hard with no issues?

Quick Reply: New Corvette...