Sponsored by:

Numeric Racing Porsche Short Throw Shifter and Cables / Bundles

For Sale

Old 11-13-2021, 01:33 PM
ctcranor
AutoX

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Timing is everything

I just placed my order this morning and then saw this thread. We’ll see what happens!
Old 11-14-2021, 07:50 PM
iammacey
Burning Brakes

Received 376 Likes on 207 Posts

I ordered the shifter bundle for my 981 GT4. Very fast shipping direct from Numeric. Received the kit on the 4th of November. Took the car to Goldcrest for installation on the 5th. I think I could have done the shifter install, but I don't think I could have done the cables. At least not without a lot of frustration.

Picked the car up same day and drove it home. Roughly an hour drive, but it was evening so traffic wasn't conducive to really getting a feel for the install. The change, however, is absolutely noticeable. It's a remarkable change. Shorter. More solid. More precise.

Got derailed swapping seat cushions and didn't take the car back out until today. The cables, even with the insulators, bring even more noise into the cabin. It's noticeable, but not obnoxious. The GT4 already transfers more noise into the cabin, and these just sort of amplify that.

What is absolutely apparent is how good this shifter is under hard driving. You have to rewire your timing, speed up your feet, and can absolutely trust that you're hitting the gear you're attempting to hit. The 2 > 3 and 3 > 4 shifts especially. You can just rip through them with a degree of confidence that wasn't there before. And this is coming from someone that liked the OE shifter.

I did pull the shifter boot and screwed the shifter down to the lowest position I could get. Otherwise I felt it was too tall.

I can't compare the shifter without the cables, but I can say this combo is exceptional.
Old 11-14-2021, 10:58 PM
997Fanatic997
Instructor

Received 181 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by mnwild
Google said their hours of operation were 10am-6pm so a friend and I drove over yesterday. Place was like a ghost town, way overgrown grass about 3' high and chain-link gate locked shut. Called and tried both options presented and both went right to VM. You might want to talk to your credit card co about a charge back if you don't get your product soon, something doesn't seem right.

FYI got my shifter and cables yesterday. Numeric has still not responded to my multiple inquries (not that I need them to now but God forbid I actually needed customer service...)

Old 11-14-2021, 11:24 PM
WAM
Rennlist Member

Received 45 Likes on 29 Posts

I have the shifter in a 991.2, I think it is absolutely fantastic.I have driven Porsche’s with the shifter and cables, however, I didn’t like the feel. A bit too unrefined, but if you’re looking for input and feedback I completely understand.

Personally I like the “OEM +” feel as compared to the fully aftermarket vibe.

The shifter is an amazing product, work of art really.
Old 11-15-2021, 11:33 AM
nb6179505
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ordered my bundle last week, then saw this thread. Forgot to use the promo code, any way of retroactively getting that discount? Maybe a t-shirt? Thanks guys, this thread is the best salesman I've come across
Old 11-15-2021, 11:42 AM
frybear
Pro

Received 215 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by nb6179505
Ordered my bundle last week, then saw this thread. Forgot to use the promo code, any way of retroactively getting that discount? Maybe a t-shirt? Thanks guys, this thread is the best salesman I've come across
I know this is not the best advice given these recent posts, but try to contact them for the discount to be applied, I can't imagine they wouldn't give you the 10% discount, or whatever it was when I ordered mine.
Old 11-15-2021, 02:57 PM
mytime1
Instructor

Received 81 Likes on 56 Posts

Just ordered the shifter and cable package. My 987.1 S has 108K miles on it. I think this upgrade will have a noticeable difference. Thanks for the discount code.
Old 11-17-2021, 12:35 PM
Numeric Racing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 222 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by mytime1
Just ordered the shifter and cable package. My 987.1 S has 108K miles on it. I think this upgrade will have a noticeable difference. Thanks for the discount code.
You bet!

www.numericracing.com
sales@numericracing.com
Ph: 844-686-7223
Old 11-17-2021, 12:37 PM
Numeric Racing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by nb6179505
Just saw your private message! Unfortunately we fulfilled the order before we could throw a shirt in for you! What size do you need? We can send one your way in a separate package!
The following users liked this post:
nb6179505 (11-17-2021)
Old 11-17-2021, 12:38 PM
frybear
Pro

Received 215 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by Numeric Racing
Just saw your private message! Unfortunately we fulfilled the order before we could throw a shirt in for you! What size do you need? We can send one your way in a separate package!
I wanna shirt! JK. Love my Numeric - such a simple install too. Cables are my next project.
Old 11-17-2021, 12:38 PM
Numeric Racing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by WAM
I have the shifter in a 991.2, I think it is absolutely fantastic.I have driven Porsche’s with the shifter and cables, however, I didn’t like the feel. A bit too unrefined, but if you’re looking for input and feedback I completely understand.

Personally I like the “OEM +” feel as compared to the fully aftermarket vibe.

The shifter is an amazing product, work of art really.
Thanks for the feedback! The full bundle feel isn't for everyone! The cables just offer that extra insurance of never having to worry about them breaking on you and leaving you stranded somewhere! But we are glad you are happy with the shifter!
Old 11-17-2021, 12:47 PM
Numeric Racing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by mnwild
Wanted cables for 996 GT2. Am local to Tampa so emailed to see if I could buy and pickup. Davis responded shortly after my email and said yes, said they do discounts for cash deals so I asked how much. Davis said $400, was very responsive with a few email exchanges, which I appreciated. I asked if they'd throw a wrench in as well for that price. It's been 3 days and no response, I guess asking for a $20 wrench was too much. I even said I'd pay for it, it’s only $20 and still no response.

I guess the lesson here is don't ask for a $20 wrench when getting a “discount” or you get thrown back to full price on the web site
When you are a 2 man company and you take a few days off for vacation and don't get to respond to emails until you get back, apparently you and your boss are "Idiots at the helm" according to this guy. I guess taking days off aren't allowed anymore, we didn't get that memo. Weird how we've been so successful with 2 idiots at the helm this far... Anyways. Then when you get back into office and reply and say we can still honor the deal and throw in a free wrench for him, which apparently a $20 wrench for someone with a GT2 is a deal breaker, we get left bad reviews and threats for him to use his other accounts to leave more! Seems fair!

And by "A few others chimed in on your poor customer service" he means one person. Which was neal, who also emailed us while we were out on vacation, which is not his fault at all and is totally on us. And he was right to be critical. But his order was in transit to him and was delivered before I could follow up with him when we got back into the office. Which I did follow up and make sure everything got to him okay.

Last edited by Numeric Racing; 11-17-2021 at 01:13 PM.
Old 11-17-2021, 02:05 PM
Kelv.W
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 993

Hi,
Any new development for 993?
Thank you.
Old 11-17-2021, 02:18 PM
eaks
Racer

Received 47 Likes on 38 Posts

Just ordered a package for my 997 turbo. Look forward to getting this installed. Car currently has a factory ssk but I prefer the feel of the GT3 shifter I had in my 996. Hopefully this one trumps all (ssk is a bit notchy at first).
Old 11-17-2021, 02:23 PM
iammacey
Burning Brakes

Received 376 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by Numeric Racing
When you are a 2 man company and you take a few days off for vacation and don't get to respond to emails until you get back, apparently you and your boss are "Idiots at the helm" according to this guy. I guess taking days off aren't allowed anymore, we didn't get that memo. Weird how we've been so successful with 2 idiots at the helm this far... Anyways. Then when you get back into office and reply and say we can still honor the deal and throw in a free wrench for him, which apparently a $20 wrench for someone with a GT2 is a deal breaker, we get left bad reviews and threats for him to use his other accounts to leave more! Seems fair!

And by "A few others chimed in on your poor customer service" he means one person. Which was neal, who also emailed us while we were out on vacation, which is not his fault at all and is totally on us. And he was right to be critical. But his order was in transit to him and was delivered before I could follow up with him when we got back into the office. Which I did follow up and make sure everything got to him okay.
Normally this type of response turns me off a company. Especially based on the RL post quoted.

Then I read that email screen cap... People are just unreal.

"I've got more accounts and can leave more reviews" hahaha. Class act that guy.
​​​​