Received 40 Likes on 21 Posts

I used firefox instead and it worked..

John

Old 09-26-2020, 12:45 AM
bgoetz
Three Wheelin'

Received 391 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by bgoetz
I guess how would you describe the feel/change of the shifter only vs the shifter and cables?

I would have figured the people making/selling this could answer this question, but apparently not. Looking for some feedback from anyone who has experience in just the shifter and then going to the shifter and cables.
The following users liked this post:
jayhawkai (09-29-2020)
Old 09-26-2020, 06:44 PM
jgoga
Rennlist Member

So, for those people that have installed the cables and this shifter:
1. Do you adjust the cables under the car first and you leave the cables diconnected at the shifter (inside the cabin)?
or
2. You attach the shifter cables inside the cabin at the shifter then adjust under the car?

Thank you,

John
Old 09-28-2020, 01:51 PM
Numeric Racing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 222 Likes on 136 Posts

I would have figured the people making/selling this could answer this question, but apparently not. Looking for some feedback from anyone who has experience in just the shifter and then going to the shifter and cables.
The Shifter makes one improvement and the Cables make another. With the Shifter alone you will get much shorter and precise throws while reducing the amount of play substantially and getting rid of all the flex in the shifter coming from the plastic housing. You will still have some play due to the stock cables. Our cables are thicker in diameter and have aluminum rod ends that make for a better connection to the shifter. Our cables will never break like the stock ones and will completely eliminate all play when paired with our shifter. They also have stainless steel mounting bulkheads to lock them in place on the shifter as opposed to stock that just slide in with no security. Our Shifter and Cables together completely change the driving experience.

www.numericracing.com
sales@numericracing.com
Ph: 844-686-7223
Old 09-28-2020, 09:33 PM
bgoetz
Three Wheelin'

Received 391 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by Numeric Racing
The Shifter makes one improvement and the Cables make another. With the Shifter alone you will get much shorter and precise throws while reducing the amount of play substantially and getting rid of all the flex in the shifter coming from the plastic housing. You will still have some play due to the stock cables. Our cables are thicker in diameter and have aluminum rod ends that make for a better connection to the shifter. Our cables will never break like the stock ones and will completely eliminate all play when paired with our shifter. They also have stainless steel mounting bulkheads to lock them in place on the shifter as opposed to stock that just slide in with no security. Our Shifter and Cables together completely change the driving experience.

Thanks, this is very helpful!
Old 09-29-2020, 04:01 PM
Numeric Racing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Thanks, this is very helpful!
No problem!
Old 10-01-2020, 12:24 PM
Numeric Racing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Bump
Old 10-04-2020, 12:18 PM
jgoga
Rennlist Member

Ok so installed this kit(shifter and cables). I am not exaggerating when I say this but it feels like the shifter is installed directly into the transmission. For those of you that asked if you should get the cables with this shifter the answer is "YES". Without the cables you will not feel every gear as you shift. The OEM cables are flimsy and a terrible design (believe me I had my car towed because the OEM cables popped out). Do your self a favor and install both of these (shifter and cables) only regret I have not doing this sooner.

BTW, instruction on the numeric site are excellent but I would like to add two things:
1. The rubber boot that you push out from under the console when you reinstall it, I found it easier to install it from inside the car not under the car.
2. When adjusting the cables under the car watch both videos from numeric website and do not attach the cables to the shifter itself (that should be the last step) until you adjust the cables under the car.

Best mod on the Porsche, a must.

John
Old 10-05-2020, 11:30 AM
Numeric Racing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by jgoga
Ok so installed this kit(shifter and cables). I am not exaggerating when I say this but it feels like the shifter is installed directly into the transmission. For those of you that asked if you should get the cables with this shifter the answer is "YES". Without the cables you will not feel every gear as you shift. The OEM cables are flimsy and a terrible design (believe me I had my car towed because the OEM cables popped out). Do your self a favor and install both of these (shifter and cables) only regret I have not doing this sooner.

BTW, instruction on the numeric site are excellent but I would like to add two things:
1. The rubber boot that you push out from under the console when you reinstall it, I found it easier to install it from inside the car not under the car.
2. When adjusting the cables under the car watch both videos from numeric website and do not attach the cables to the shifter itself (that should be the last step) until you adjust the cables under the car.

Best mod on the Porsche, a must.

John
Wow John, thank you for this awesome feedback. You are the man! Glad you are loving the set up
Old 10-16-2020, 10:12 AM
campbesl
Rennlist Member

Received 133 Likes on 87 Posts

I'm refinishing the center console on my '08 997 C4S.
I decided to replace cables and shifter while I have the console out.
Bundle discount + RENNLIST discount code is a nice savings.
But I'll still have to hide the receipt from my wife.
I look forward to rifle bolt-like shifting.
Projekt EPiK (01-04-2021)
Old 10-16-2020, 12:26 PM
fyeun001
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by colleyt
Obligatory upgrade. Especially w/ cables. People don't know what they're missing
Can you share the sensation before and after the cable swap? I currently only have the shifter. Honestly just too lazy to swap the cables...
Old 10-16-2020, 06:39 PM
Numeric Racing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by campbesl
I'm refinishing the center console on my '08 997 C4S.
I decided to replace cables and shifter while I have the console out.
Bundle discount + RENNLIST discount code is a nice savings.
But I'll still have to hide the receipt from my wife.
I look forward to rifle bolt-like shifting.
Awesome! You won't regret it
Old 10-22-2020, 12:56 PM
Numeric Racing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Bump
Old 10-27-2020, 04:41 PM
DarrenD
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Anyway for us up here in Canada to get in on the Bundle deal with the 10% off? You guys sell on Amazon.ca, which is very convenient but there's no Bundles available and with currency exchange the cost is prohibitive. Just curious, thanks.
Al3x-666 (12-03-2020)
Old 10-27-2020, 04:43 PM
Numeric Racing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by DarrenD
Anyway for us up here in Canada to get in on the Bundle deal with the 10% off? You guys sell on Amazon.ca, which is very convenient but there's no Bundles available and with currency exchange the cost is prohibitive. Just curious, thanks.
Use code Rennlist on our website. Price is going to be the same with the exchange rate either way!