Sponsored by:

Macan EV: if you’re ordering EV ~ post your build

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2024, 01:15 PM
ExVolt
8th Gear

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Someone had to do it - Provence and Blackberry

We are first time Porsche buyers and have learned a lot from you all over the past few months. So, you all are to blame for this build

If you'd asked me 4 months ago if I'd drive a purple car with a purple interior, I'd have responded, "are you crazy". But life is short and we saw the colors in person and decided we liked them. Our BA provided us with counseling and assured us it'd be a great build. Note, the configurator does not render Provence or Blackberry well, so don't judge too harshly: https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8ZYJY9

Our freeze date is May 31 and we promised our BA not to make any more changes.
The following users liked this post:
Jeff Whitten (05-02-2024)
Old 05-02-2024, 01:37 PM
TomekGnomek
AutoX

Received 31 Likes on 9 Posts

Hi guys, what do you think of Ice Grey Metallic with Truffle Brown interior?
I saw this combo at the dealers on 911 today and it looked classy.
Thinking of changing my order (from Ice Grey / Black interior) and have two weeks time...
Would look like this: PR5BD6J7
The following 2 users liked this post by TomekGnomek:
Awas (05-02-2024), Seanlabonte (05-07-2024)
Old 05-02-2024, 02:14 PM
Awas
Instructor

Received 45 Likes on 33 Posts

I'm also hooked on Ice Grey Metallic, having seen it in person on a Taycan. But have not seen Truffle Brown interior in person, but I'm actually interested when you say it looked classy. Was it not too dark?
Old 05-02-2024, 02:37 PM
mb1
Rennlist Member

Received 210 Likes on 126 Posts

After seeing an ice grey Taycan in person, I vacillated between IG and Oak Green. I actually formally switched my build sheet to IG before going back to green last week. IG is a great color IMO, like a refreshed, updated chalk. I would have been very happy with it. That IG build sheet was specced with truffle. After seeing samples of IG with truffle, I backed off. I didn't think they looked good together and would have switched out of truffle (to black) if I decided to go the IG route. Truffle isn't dark (at least compared to the cocoa 997 911 I owned).
Attached Images  
Old 05-02-2024, 02:49 PM
Awas
Instructor

Received 45 Likes on 33 Posts

Interesting what you say.
Yes, Oak Green looks very nice too. But dark colours tend to show dirt marks more than lighter colour like Ice Grey. Having had Frozen Portimao Blue on my BMW, I realised that.
So, Ice Grey it is for me.
Old 05-02-2024, 04:16 PM
TC Cruising
Instructor

Received 99 Likes on 70 Posts

I used to be an exterior only black only car person, but as noted above, lighter colors show imperfections less. A pristine black vehicle cannot be beat IMO but I have moved more to the drive them rather than show them mode — and will have my black color only on the inside from now on.

We too looked at Truffle but went back to black. Perhaps next year (we are not getting a this model year Macan), they might add in another interior color option. As to the exterior maybe next year we might in the U.S. see Speed Yellow or some other new exterior color (at no extra premium pricing).

Last edited by TC Cruising; 05-02-2024 at 04:37 PM.
Old 05-02-2024, 04:39 PM
beye
Instructor

Received 81 Likes on 54 Posts

Still hesitating between IG/TB and IG/Limestone-black
TB is nice, but IMO, I would prefer a two-tone TB-Black, like the two-tone Limestone-black
Limestone/black is nice, moreover with the limestone stitching on the black parts…
…but limestone needs a daily basis care.
What do you think?
Old 05-02-2024, 04:42 PM
TC Cruising
Instructor

I like the two tone L/B. If I were getting it I would use a GTechniq or other leather treatment on it the first day and then every 3 to 4 months afterwards.

https://gtechniq.com/shop/auto/inter...ther-guard-ab/

Last edited by TC Cruising; 05-02-2024 at 04:43 PM.
Old 05-02-2024, 05:46 PM
mb1
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TomekGnomek
Thinking of changing my order (from Ice Grey / Black interior) and have two weeks time...
I do understand what you mean by "classy". The 911 I alluded to was midnight blue over cocoa. The Porsche service techs and the salespeople referred to it as "classy" multiple times. It did look good, but I always thought it looked unexciting, especially on a sports car. I'm adding summerwood to my truffle Macan spec to give the interior more texture and contrast, I hope it works.
Old 05-02-2024, 06:49 PM
TC Cruising
Instructor

Originally Posted by TomekGnomek
If YOU like that combination, candidly so irrelevant what we think. I happen to like where you are heading, but if it was pink with purple stripes and it made YOU happy, that is all that counts.
Old 05-02-2024, 07:08 PM
seejaneworkit
6th Gear

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

Love that you stuck to your guns. Get what you like! You're driving it and you should enjoy it.
The following 2 users liked this post by seejaneworkit:
mnl (05-03-2024), TC Cruising (05-02-2024)
Old 05-03-2024, 05:29 PM
TomekGnomek
AutoX

As for the Truffle being (too) dark - I saw this combo IG/TB on 911 in the garage with dim lighting. It looked good and I liked it but the TB looked dark - way way darker compared to the picture above. I think in daylight it may look a bit different. There is also one other aspect - it feels much nicer/premium in touch.
Old 05-03-2024, 05:43 PM
TomekGnomek
AutoX

Originally Posted by mb1
After seeing an ice grey Taycan in person, I vacillated between IG and Oak Green. I actually formally switched my build sheet to IG before going back to green last week. IG is a great color IMO, like a refreshed, updated chalk. I would have been very happy with it. That IG build sheet was specced with truffle. After seeing samples of IG with truffle, I backed off. I didn't think they looked good together and would have switched out of truffle (to black) if I decided to go the IG route. Truffle isn't dark (at least compared to the cocoa 997 911 I owned).
Thank you for sharing this picture. This Truffle sample is not dark and based on this sample alone I wouldn't pick it either with IG. However... this is not how it looked inside the car The whole interior looked much darker and with much less direct sunlight matched the IG a lot better, I honestly liked it. Something to think about... As for the green - this color is great when clean with a lot of wax in sunlight. In wintertime it looks a bit sad.
Old 05-03-2024, 07:34 PM
mb1
Rennlist Member

IG is a great color. Truffle brown will be an awesome interior color and Porsche's full leather interiors are really top notch. I'm still not sure that I'll like Oak Green as much as IG, but my current Porsches are GT silver and Agate Grey and I needed some color this time around.
Old 05-03-2024, 10:57 PM
Anugal
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRRGU760

This is mine. September delivery

Quick Reply: Macan EV: if you’re ordering EV ~ post your build