Sponsored by:

Macan EV: if you’re ordering EV ~ post your build

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2024, 08:46 PM
GMPNW
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by TC Cruising
It is a fantastic resource if your power goes out short term. Use it once of twice a year (from another vehicle) with a HD extension cord with a 4 socket end to power my computer, the refrigerator/freezer , etc. Well worth it….

Also if you go on a picnic or similar to again provide locational juice.
You're saying you know it can draw that many amps, or you assume it can? It takes more than a large battery and a receptacle to move current.

I don't understand why Porsche didn't just publish its rating. 115V by itself means very little. And if it's so useful, why isn't it standard?
Old 02-29-2024, 10:56 AM
jww
Intermediate

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by mnl
so that option is for the interior trim. by default it is shiny black plastic [which i absolutely hate] then you can get it in aluminum, carbon fiber, leather, etc. i love carbon fiber but i felt that on this car that has no carbon anywhere else [and its just a daily not a sports car] the leather made more sense and will look great. you can see the difference very clearly in the configurator if you swap between leather and aluminum to see all the pieces that change. might be even more obvious with other color leather vs black

If you look through the standard features on the Turbo model, it appears Carbon Fiber trim is standard. And when I go into the 360 mode in the configurator and look around inside you can see the carbon fiber on the door (not the dash). I’d probably do the leather trim, but if Carbon fiber is standard, I’m good.
The following users liked this post:
TC Cruising (02-29-2024)
Old 02-29-2024, 12:06 PM
mnl
Advanced

Received 91 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by jww
If you look through the standard features on the Turbo model, it appears Carbon Fiber trim is standard. And when I go into the 360 mode in the configurator and look around inside you can see the carbon fiber on the door (not the dash). I’d probably do the leather trim, but if Carbon fiber is standard, I’m good.
that’s fair if carbon was standard on the 4 i probably would’ve left it alone as well
Old 03-07-2024, 09:17 PM
Seanlabonte
Platinum Dealer
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 47 Likes on 21 Posts

We have a Macan 4 and Macan Turbo incoming, here are the builds:

http://www.porsche-code.com/PRGBV1D1

http://www.porsche-code.com/PRFQX2I9
Old 03-08-2024, 06:38 PM
DanPlainview
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Got the call for an allocation yesterday, but think I am going to pass until I can see one in person. Here is the build I am considering.

https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRP4RLM5

Last edited by DanPlainview; 03-08-2024 at 07:10 PM.
Seanlabonte (03-08-2024)
Old 03-08-2024, 06:52 PM
Seanlabonte
Platinum Dealer
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 47 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by DanPlainview
Got the call for an allocation yesterday, but think I am going to pass until I can see one in person. Here is the build I am considering.

https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR7MPDT0
great build.
DanPlainview (03-08-2024)
Old 03-08-2024, 06:56 PM
TC Cruising
Instructor

Received 99 Likes on 70 Posts

This morning my wife and I went to our local Porsche dealer, a large one. They have 135 folks on their Macan EV list — quite a few with orders already placed.

Pleased that it is desirable. Of course as we all are asking, what is going to happen in years two and three?
Old 03-09-2024, 12:06 AM
Jeff Whitten
Rennlist Member

Received 701 Likes on 321 Posts

Originally Posted by TC Cruising
Pleased that it is desirable. Of course as we all are asking, what is going to happen in years two and three?
The Macan platform is one of the best all around vehicles. We are coming from a 2018 Macan GTS which we still have, and we had a 2023 Macan GTS that unfortunately was totaled in an accident last year. I have recommended the Macan to several friends, be it from the base, S, or GTS. Just a great design. All around great vehicle. I think the sales numbers prove that.

I think the new Macan EV design and two great options for the Macan 4 EV to the Macan Turbo will sell extremely well. Won’t be surprised if this eclipses the Taycan numbers significantly. As far as what’s next in 2-3 years, I think we are likely to see a base RWD option added at the low end, but largely keep current design until mid cycle refresh around year 3-4.

We are on the wait list for Macan EV Turbo, which we had a deposit down for shortly after our 2023 was totaled last Sept. Excited to see this design and checks all the boxes for us. Range improvements over first gen Taycan, and all the other design and performance tweaks make this a great way to jump in on the EV market. We already have our EV charger in, and looking forward to delivery either later this year or in 2025.

The following 2 users liked this post by Jeff Whitten:
daveo4porsche (03-09-2024), TC Cruising (03-09-2024)
Old 03-09-2024, 06:46 PM
Duncan Ellis
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

My build. About time my 964 got a worthy garage mate.

https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRQPEAW7

Old 03-09-2024, 07:47 PM
digli
Intermediate

Received 30 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff Whitten

We are on the wait list for Macan EV Turbo, which we had a deposit down for shortly after our 2023 was totaled last Sept. Excited to see this design and checks all the boxes for us. Range improvements over first gen Taycan, and all the other design and performance tweaks make this a great way to jump in on the EV market. We already have our EV charger in, and looking forward to delivery either later this year or in 2025.
Nice build! I'm also going with Frozen Blue Metallic with the Offroad-Design Package, but with the Vesuvius Grey option for the apron, diffuser and skirts (rather than paint-matched). I'm not a fan of the gloss black wheel arch trim that is standard on the Turbo; the Offroad Packages are the only way to remove the gloss arches. I selected Window Trim in Silver as I think it looks great with the Frozen Blue (and again to avoid the gloss black), but this would work even better with roof rails in Aluminum finish. Strangely, Aluminum finish rails are not allowed with this Offroad-Design Package (but they are with the paint-matched version). The Vesuvius Grey rails included with the Offroad Package are not bad. I wonder if the aluminum rail option is something the dealer can unlock.

I don't have the guts to go with the 22 inch RS Spyder rims even though I think they are the best looking rims on the Macan. Besides some impact on range, I most worry about the ride quality of the 22s --- the roads in Toronto and area are in terrible shape.

Last edited by digli; 03-09-2024 at 08:01 PM.
Jeff Whitten (03-11-2024)
Old 03-09-2024, 08:11 PM
TC Cruising
Instructor

What a fun build. I appreciate your explanations/reasons. Going to be one great SUV, EV Porsche.
Old 03-10-2024, 03:18 PM
beye
Instructor

Received 81 Likes on 54 Posts

Still a long way before the freeze point, so here one of the configuration I am considering : Aventurine green / truffle brown / 22’’ Macan style wheels they are nice AND with the best efficiency of all the 22’’ wheels)… But another day, I prefer ice grey / black leather / 22’’ Macan sport wheels.
Volcano grey is way too black for me, beautiful indeed.

AG is so beautiful and complex in real life (I usually don’ like green cars… strange), but in the meantime, Ice grey is amazing and « free » option.
I am a bit tired of black interiors, but I like the easy to use black interiors so passengers can have blue jeans, I don’t have to clean it after each trip). TB is maybe the good choice for me.
AG + TB is probably a good combo, the only big caveat is the price of these very costly options.

Code: PRQWUGT3

Last edited by beye; 03-10-2024 at 03:24 PM. Reason: Tipo
Llarry (07-29-2024)
Old 03-10-2024, 03:21 PM
TC Cruising
Instructor

Your build looks really nice. Please, how do know relative efficiency of the different wheels? Is there a chart you could share with us also evaluating efficiency of different wheels sizes and patterns? TU.
Old 03-10-2024, 03:27 PM
beye
Instructor

Received 81 Likes on 54 Posts

In the French configurator, when you change the wheels (or add options), the range is updated in the « Technical data » section.
TC Cruising (03-10-2024)
Old 03-10-2024, 04:38 PM
TC Cruising
Instructor

Very useful for your sending me to the French configurator. Thank you.

Quick Reply: Macan EV: if you’re ordering EV ~ post your build