Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Macan EV: if you’re ordering EV ~ post your build

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2024, 03:56 PM
TC Cruising
Racer

Received 115 Likes on 84 Posts

Thanks to all of you who have posted your builds. Fun to look at each one, see different things, consider your option choices. Your postings have resulted in my wife and I changing our options and colors many times — and still making changes now.

We cannot wait till later this year to see actual pictures of yours upon its arrival.
The following users liked this post:
Jeff Whitten (02-19-2024)
Old 02-24-2024, 01:47 PM
Wolf11
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mnl
i briefly thought about it but while yea you can just go to the base turbo for basically the same exact price, in reality its a pretty big jump since i'd want to add basically all the same options on the turbo as well [wheels, full leather interior, 360º cameras, etc] so the price end up being like $120k [i did a quick pass at it: PRZNGBG0]. if you're not adding that many options then maybe the difference would be less? another thing is i actually dont really want the turbo in the first place, i think i prefer the looks of the 4 on the back, dont dislike the turbo but i prefer it without the extra air channels on the sides, i also just noticed the 4 comes with black brakes by default but on the turbo they're red [or $900 for black]. but i think even more importantly i'd rather have a bit more range than more power on this car. i already have two very fun and fast cars [GT4 and 812], so i'm not really looking to get the fastest thing available i just want a more normal car that can be a better daily than my current cars haha i'm sure the 4 is fast enough to be able to handle day to day stuff like merging into the highway or whatever without issue.

as for availability i'm not sure to be honest i didn't even ask the dealer for that i just went straight for the 4

edit: and for 24 vs 25, only thing i can think of is to get the new NACS charging port cause i dont think the 24 will have it, but honestly its not going to be a roadtrip car for me, so i'll mostly charge at home. so not really a big deal for me to use an adapter if needed…
I highly doubt the 25 will have NACS. Even if it does you can't charge non-Teslas on superchargers that do not have magic dock (the majority of them) currently. Whenever they do open the NACS only chargers then there will be an adaptor available for your car to charge it. So to me the charging port is a moot point.
Old 02-24-2024, 05:33 PM
jww
Intermediate

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
Default My Papaya Turbo Build Order Is Queued Officially

Long-time lurker (and even former Porsche owner), finally signed up. Put my pre-order in today for this build: https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRFIMGZ0

Got to check out a 2023 Macan on the log in Papaya Metallic, def is the color I want (I change my mind later).
Old 02-24-2024, 06:19 PM
digli
Advanced

Received 36 Likes on 19 Posts

Hey JWW, very nice build! I've configured the identical options for a Frozen Blue Metallic version except for matching the exterior mirrors to paint colour.

Did you consider the Thermally and Noise Insulated Glass? I'm leaning towards this option instead of the wiper (we can't have both). Noise attenuation with Burmester (which I have in my Cayman and would get again) seems like a logical match. I don't have a wiper on my Cayman and I drive it year round in Toronto. It's only during days of messy salty road spray when the rear glass becomes difficult to see through.
Old 02-24-2024, 07:05 PM
jww
Intermediate

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by digli
Hey JWW, very nice build! I've configured the identical options for a Frozen Blue Metallic version except for matching the exterior mirrors to paint colour.

Did you consider the Thermally and Noise Insulated Glass? I'm leaning towards this option instead of the wiper (we can't have both). Noise attenuation with Burmester (which I have in my Cayman and would get again) seems like a logical match. I don't have a wiper on my Cayman and I drive it year round in Toronto. It's only during days of messy salty road spray when the rear glass becomes difficult to see through.

Thanks digli! Frozen blue is gorgeous, I'm sure that will turn heads.

On the Insulated glass, I'm very torn. I really wish I could get both the rear wiper and the insulated glass. I had it on my last Macan and loved the lux feeling of the double paned glass. Never really had cell reception issues either. But I'm in Colorado and on snowy days up in the mountains the rear wiper is basically an essential...BUT... I know the back window glass has a steeper slant this go around...so idk. That is literally the option I'm most confused about too. Everything else I feel pretty good about.
Old 02-28-2024, 03:52 AM
mnl
Instructor

Received 105 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by mnl
supposedly have a slot for the first batch of deliveries in the fall or whenever that ends up happening, i'm still debating whether or not to go through with it but i'm definitely very tempted. just test drove a macan s to get an idea of the size and a taycan gts to see how it feels to drive an electric porsche…very impressed with the taycan, it felt very much like a normal car, but silent. so i'm hoping the new macan is similar to the taycan!

i originally started at ~$108k, decided to get rid of the heads up display [not even sure if it would even do much when i have directions on carplay since i never use the built in maps] and got rid of the passenger display too since i dont see much point to it, so that helped bring down the price a bit to ~$103k and this is what my current build looks like now: http://www.porsche-code.com/PRRZTMZ2

made some slight adjustments [added even more options 💀] after reading more feedback about available options here and in a few other places, i think this is my final spec!http://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR34DXG2

TC Cruising (02-28-2024)
Old 02-28-2024, 11:36 AM
TC Cruising
Racer

I like your final build. Has some of the same option s and deliberate non-options I would choose. It will be a practical yet fun Porsche.
mnl (02-28-2024)
Old 02-28-2024, 12:35 PM
mnl
Instructor

Originally Posted by TC Cruising
I like your final build. Has some of the same option s and deliberate non-options I would choose. It will be a practical yet fun Porsche.
thank you! i’m looking forward to it, it will be my first practical car 😂
Old 02-28-2024, 04:09 PM
GMPNW
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Three questions based on posted builds:

1) What is the load capacity of the 115V Power Socket? I don't see it specified, so I have no idea what it can handle. The 12V sockets on my 2019 Macan couldn't even power the air compressor Porsche originally supplied without blowing fuses.

2) I've found articles that measured sound transmission through insulated glass and found no effect for a vehicle on the road. Yet, if so, why would a manufacturer offer it? For it's thermal benefits? Subjective reports of reduced noise are suspect,

3) How many audiophiles out there consider having a custom audio system installed, instead of spending on Burmeister? That's what I've always done. It's a viable option if you don't want surround sound and can find an installer you trust. I keep the OEM gear and revert when I sell, which costs very little to do. In fact, I hope I can port my system over from my ICE Macan to a new EV.
TC Cruising (02-28-2024)
Old 02-28-2024, 06:06 PM
mnl
Instructor

Originally Posted by GMPNW
Three questions based on posted builds:

1) What is the load capacity of the 115V Power Socket? I don't see it specified, so I have no idea what it can handle. The 12V sockets on my 2019 Macan couldn't even power the air compressor Porsche originally supplied without blowing fuses.

2) I've found articles that measured sound transmission through insulated glass and found no effect for a vehicle on the road. Yet, if so, why would a manufacturer offer it? For it's thermal benefits? Subjective reports of reduced noise are suspect,

3) How many audiophiles out there consider having a custom audio system installed, instead of spending on Burmeister? That's what I've always done. It's a viable option if you don't want surround sound and can find an installer you trust. I keep the OEM gear and revert when I sell, which costs very little to do. In fact, I hope I can port my system over from my ICE Macan to a new EV.
1) no idea, i just figured for $160 might as well add it. it wont hurt to add but its possible i would miss it if i didnt?

2) it is marked in the options as good for both noise and thermal insulation. I at first stayed away from it thinking maybe theres problems with cell reception, but i've been asking around and basically everyone recommended getting it because it makes a significant difference in noise reduction and no difference in cell reception, so i went for it

3) some people did suggest going third party but i rather keep my car stock, heard feedback that burmester was worth the upgrade over bose so i ended up deciding to do it
Old 02-28-2024, 06:37 PM
TC Cruising
Racer

It is a fantastic resource if your power goes out short term. Use it once of twice a year (from another vehicle) with a HD extension cord with a 4 socket end to power my computer, the refrigerator/freezer , etc. Well worth it….

Also if you go on a picnic or similar to again provide locational juice.
mnl (02-28-2024)
Old 02-28-2024, 06:39 PM
mnl
Instructor

Originally Posted by TC Cruising
It is a fantastic resource if your power goes out short term. Use it once of twice a year (from another vehicle) with a HD extension cord with a 4 socket end to power my computer, the refrigerator/freezer , etc. Well worth it….

Also if you go on a picnic or similar to again provide locational juice.
yea thats exactly what i was thinking! if we lose power then i have a massive battery to charge stuff or power stuff off of, for $160 it seemed like an easy addition to me
Old 02-28-2024, 07:32 PM
mb1
Rennlist Member

Received 224 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by mnl
made some slight adjustments [added even more options 💀] after reading more feedback about available options here and in a few other places, i think this is my final spec!http://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR34DXG2
Maybe you or someone else can answer the following: what does "interior trim in leather" add to "leather trim in black"? Both mention dashboard and door panels. Curious why someone would need to $1680 on top of the $3280? What am I missing?
Attached Images   
Old 02-28-2024, 07:51 PM
mnl
Instructor

Originally Posted by mb1
Maybe you or someone else can answer the following: what does "interior trim in leather" add to "leather trim in black"? Both mention dashboard and door panels. Curious why someone would need to $1680 on top of the $3280? What am I missing?
so that option is for the interior trim. by default it is shiny black plastic [which i absolutely hate] then you can get it in aluminum, carbon fiber, leather, etc. i love carbon fiber but i felt that on this car that has no carbon anywhere else [and its just a daily not a sports car] the leather made more sense and will look great. you can see the difference very clearly in the configurator if you swap between leather and aluminum to see all the pieces that change. might be even more obvious with other color leather vs black
Old 02-28-2024, 08:00 PM
mb1
Rennlist Member

Received 224 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by mnl
so that option is for the interior trim. by default it is shiny black plastic [which i absolutely hate] then you can get it in aluminum, carbon fiber, leather, etc. i love carbon fiber but i felt that on this car that has no carbon anywhere else [and its just a daily not a sports car] the leather made more sense and will look great. you can see the difference very clearly in the configurator if you swap between leather and aluminum to see all the pieces that change. might be even more obvious with other color leather vs black
Thank you for the explanation.
The following 2 users liked this post by mb1:
DanPlainview (03-09-2024), mnl (02-28-2024)

Quick Reply: Macan EV: if you’re ordering EV ~ post your build