Old 06-15-2024 | 05:52 PM
MR.SantG
2nd Gear

Default My 😅

https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR9KBE18
Old 06-18-2024 | 01:31 AM
marcocean
AutoX

Pretty simple black on black and kept it under $90K. This will be my first Porsche. Can't wait but debating whether or not I should wait until they get NACS chargers. Any word on when that will happen? Thanks!

https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRYUR614
Old 06-18-2024 | 01:39 AM
TC Cruising
Racer

I would not wait. A simple adapter works excellently. Before getting my new iX with huge range, for several years I charged my plug in Toyota hybrid to my daughter home’s Tesla charger with an 18” adapter, e.g. Tesla Tap 50A version.

There is no official word from Porsche yet as to when the will NACS convert.

To your major issue, your build is spot on IMO — as well as good looking. ENJOYMENT ahead for you.
Old 06-21-2024 | 04:47 PM
fubar.droid
Advanced

https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRY8MRG8

I like everything but the seat belt color but that's what the wifey wanted.
The following users liked this post:
Jeff Whitten (06-21-2024)
Old 06-21-2024 | 10:54 PM
Jeff4598
Advanced

No Bose?!
Old 06-21-2024 | 10:55 PM
fubar.droid
Advanced

Originally Posted by Jeff4598
No Bose?!
Neither one of us listens to music so not worth it for us lol.
Old 06-28-2024 | 02:22 AM
marcocean
AutoX

Originally Posted by TC Cruising
I would not wait. A simple adapter works excellently. Before getting my new iX with huge range, for several years I charged my plug in Toyota hybrid to my daughter home’s Tesla charger with an 18” adapter, e.g. Tesla Tap 50A version.

There is no official word from Porsche yet as to when the will NACS convert.

To your major issue, your build is spot on IMO — as well as good looking. ENJOYMENT ahead for you.
Thank you! I just did the Macan EV preview at the Porsche Experience Center in Los Angeles today and I loved it! It was a Turbo and the dude made me put my head back against the seat so he could go 0 to 100 in no time. It was incredible. The car was solid and I can’t wait to get my own. One of the coolest features was an AC vent where you put your phone for wireless charging so it doesn’t get hot. Also, the turning radius was amazing.
TC Cruising (06-28-2024)
Old 06-28-2024 | 02:28 AM
marcocean
AutoX

Here’s my new build…

https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR5HAX54

Last edited by marcocean; 06-28-2024 at 02:31 AM.
Old 06-28-2024 | 02:29 AM
marcocean
AutoX

Originally Posted by Zero911
I am torn on the following options and would love to hear your thoughts.

Rear Axel Steering - do you guys think the tighter turn radius will be meaningful with the Macan? It's already small? Different from the Taycan.

Sport Chrono Package - don't really care about the individual settings or Sport Plus on the Macan but probably will get it as the dash is too plain without it.

Porsche Electric Sport Sound - was going to pass as it sounded gimmicky but after watching videos of the Taycan, it sounds kinda cool?

Power Charge Port Cover - need to decide if a smile on my face when charging is worth $580

InnoDrive - will pass as I won't use it, I don't use ALK either, but only concern would be if they update it to make it spectacular but what are the odds of an update?

AR Heads Up Display - not sure if I saw anything definitive about whether it works with CarPlay or not, but noticed most of you don't have it spec'd. Looks cool but not sure this is worth it?

Roof Rails - I don't like the look but this will replace our current SUV and I think I will need the ability to use a roof luggage carrier especially given the interior luggage space is much smaller. Wish it looked better though.
Did the Macan preview today at the Porsche Experience Center in Los Angeles. The dude said that the rear axel steering was worth the $2K and was the number one thing he recommended. He also was against the electric port cover because it’s a pain to open…you have to do it within the settings on the screen. I thought the sport sound was cool and will add it to mine.
Old 06-28-2024 | 04:43 AM
beye
Instructor

The problem with the manual electric port cover is that it’s a huge one: when the Macan EV is in the street charging, this cover says « please vandalize me, I deserve it because I am a Porsche part »
BQ0910 (08-27-2024)
Old 06-28-2024 | 10:44 AM
Dgkli
Advanced

PRUBLT68

Don't make suggestions about how to improve it; it's already built!

I currently drive a pretty loaded 2018 Macan GTS, white with red interior. I also have an Agate Gray Boxster GTS with black interior.

Here's my thinking. First, I was trying to avoid as much of the "Porsche tax" as I could, so avoided throwing money at cosmetic stuff as much as I could, while still wanting most of the cool techie stuff..
Color (gray): I like the way Macans look in dark colors, and I really don't like drawing attention to myself.
Wheels (standard): I wanted to maximize range; also I've popped enough tires in my time that I usually look for wider sidewalls. Yes, the look is not great. The BA tried to talk me into larger wheels, but I held firm. And this is a daily driver, not a track or even mountain road toy.
Interior (red): I find the all-black boring. I try to avoid light colors only because I want to avoid a soiled look over time. I like the red I have now, so stuck with that. As far as base leather above full leather; I just don't see much difference between the two. Maybe I'm missing something. Both my current Porsches have 18 way seats, and I like them, but I think the 14-ways will be fine.
Interior trim: I broke my own cost rule here, but with the red interior I thought my choices would look best.
Steering wheel: I don't see much of a difference between standard and GT wheel; both my GTS have the GT wheel, but I think I'll be perfectly happy with the standard heated steering wheel.
Bigger ticket items: I figured, if I'm getting a 1st gen Porsche EV, I should spend money on the techie stuff.
  • Heated windshield. I live in NH now, OK?
  • Heads up display. One thing I missed having on my current Macan is HUD. I always try to get this if it's available. I have no idea whether I'll like, love, dislike or hate the VR HUD, but it's cool so I had to spec it.
  • Rear wheel steering. I couldn't resist. I know opinions are quite mixed on this, but there was a little FOMO on this one.
  • Surround view. I always spec this if I can--so useful in tight parking situations. The cameras on my gen 1 Macan are very unimpressive (but get the job done)--I hope these are better. I couldn't care less about the self parking; I'm unlikely to ever use that.
Rear wiper. I live in NH now, OK?
Rear outlet: No brainer.
Wiring for dash cam: well cheap enough, and better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it. I don't know if I will ever really get a Porsche dash cam.
Puddle lights: Probably a waste, but my BA insisted that I should have them.
Standard port covers: I figure if I've lived with manual fueling covers for my ICE cars all these years, I can live with them now on the EV. Plus they seem less prone to problems. The only reason, other than a cool factor, to get electric ones in my mind is fear of vandalism. That probably is a real thing, but I don't see myself ever doing street charging. Possibly AC destination charging once in a while, and I'll probably stress a bit over that if I do leave the car charging in a public place. (I figure DC charging locations won't be a problem).
No Burmester. This is a tough one for me. I swore that my next Macan would have it (the Bose is just not very good to my ear). But $4500 above the cost of the Bose? I just couldn't do it. I hope I'm not sorry.
No sport sound. I don't know; I think for me, one of the benefits of an EV is silence. I'll stick with that.
No InnoDrive: from the description, I doubt I'd ever use it (I do not like my cars steering for me, no matter how well they might be able to do it; I use ACC all the time, but that's it). But it sounds as if it might be available by subscription anyway.

I think that covers most of my thinking.

Last edited by Dgkli; 06-28-2024 at 01:02 PM. Reason: Added surround view comment
TC Cruising (06-28-2024)
Old 06-28-2024 | 12:24 PM
TC Cruising
Racer

Thanks for all your analysis. I agree with a lot of it.

We are all so different, e.g., why options are optional. Our # 1 and # 2 choices are RWS and augmented HUD (and yet I know that some hate HUD such as my daughter who immediately turns off even the most basic versions as it gives her a headache). Neither my wife nor I are audiophiles, and we feel just as you do that +$4,700 over Bose is not part of our plan.

Old 06-28-2024 | 12:35 PM
TC Cruising
Racer

Though for those still considering Burmester, this video might be helpful.

Old 06-28-2024 | 12:51 PM
Awas
Instructor

What about Porsche's own Sound Package Plus? How good is it, if at all?
Neither my wife nor I are audiophiles. Just occasional music listeners.

The other advantage is where is subwoofer is kept, we will have useful storage space
TC Cruising (06-28-2024)

Quick Reply: Macan EV: if you’re ordering EV ~ post your build