Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Macan EV: if you’re ordering EV ~ post your build

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2024, 03:21 PM
TC Cruising
Instructor

Received 99 Likes on 70 Posts

Our iX M60 has it. I never know it is there when I am carving country roads nor changing interstate lanes at speed — other than at slow speed tight corners I am sometimes amazed made that tight corner so easily.
Old 08-06-2024, 03:35 PM
Awas
Instructor

Received 45 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by beye
Same here: I spec’ed it because underground parkings are so tight, it is a big pain because of the wheelbase when there are long tight turns with borders! (They like this kind of thing in Europe).
First day with my TMS, years ago, I was unable to exit the parking without scratching my rear left wheel… Shame on me.
I never drive a car with RWS, I hope the « surgical » behavior you’ve mentioned is not a « comfort issue » for both driver and passengers.
As I mentioned above, RWS definitely has positives and negatives, and I too was keen to get it, but changed my mind as explained above. So, I'm certainly not against RWS. No doubt, you will get used to it.

The « surgical behaviour » I mentioned are not my words, this was mentioned by the Rennthusiast guy in the video above. He is a real Porsche enthusiast, and has been driving them all his life. I think his experience has more weight than those journalists who test drive their cars for just a day or so.

On your mention of scratching rear wheel, there was one comment I read on Taycan Forum that said, parking too close to the curb on the road makes the rear wheel prone to scratching when getting out.
Old 08-06-2024, 04:46 PM
beye
Instructor

Received 81 Likes on 54 Posts

I have to wait 6-7 weeks in order to figure it out!
Old 08-06-2024, 10:39 PM
sparkhill
Burning Brakes

Received 506 Likes on 307 Posts

My driver during my PECLA ride-along had driven the Macan EV extensively and strongly recommended RAS.
The following users liked this post:
TC Cruising (08-06-2024)
Old 08-08-2024, 01:47 AM
burnspbesq
3rd Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have rear steer on my Taycan. No way was I ordering a Macan 4 without it.
TC Cruising (08-08-2024)
Old 08-08-2024, 01:54 AM
tmrqs
Advanced

Received 53 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by sparkhill
My driver during my PECLA ride-along had driven the Macan EV extensively and strongly recommended RAS.
Similar feedback from my driver today at PEC ATL. Have a write up if of interest.
Old 08-08-2024, 08:08 PM
tmrqs
Advanced

Originally Posted by tmrqs
Similar feedback from my driver today at PEC ATL. Have a write up if of interest.
Spent the day tracking 911 Carrera GTS and Cayman GTS 4.0 at Barber Motorsports Park, they all had Rear Axle Steering.

I am by no means a race car driver but it was awesome. Chatting with several instructors, none of them had a bad thing to say about RAS, they were actually pretty enthusiastic about it. And THEY are all seasoned race car drivers.

It they think it’s good… it must be. 😅
Old 08-08-2024, 08:43 PM
TC Cruising
Instructor

Their professional experience says it all.

On a more mundane, personal level since we got it first time for us in our iX, we will never go back. We were driving around today in it, and several times in different crowded, large complicated suburban shopping lots it enabled us to avoid a back-n-forth to clear something. It makes daily driving in tight locations much easier.
Old 08-08-2024, 10:47 PM
tmrqs
Advanced

Originally Posted by TC Cruising
Their professional experience says it all.
To be thorough (and fair), a couple of them said that it didn’t use to be great but nowadays, it’s rock solid and they see no negatives to it.

And they drive these cars day in day out, they have 4 to 5 digits laps with the tech. 🤯
Old 08-08-2024, 11:29 PM
TC Cruising
Instructor

Won’t it be wonderful when we stop speculating on what our Mecan will be like and instead reporting on our daily drives with ours!
Awas (08-09-2024)

Quick Reply: Macan EV: if you’re ordering EV ~ post your build