Racer

Received 69 Likes on 48 Posts

I usually don't brag about buying electric appliances on a high-end car forum
Old 03-10-2024, 05:32 PM
beye
Instructor

Received 81 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by TC Cruising
Very useful for your sending me to the French configurator. Thank you.
I have started a new topic with the WLTP figures I have extracted from the french configurator: more useful I guess
Old 03-10-2024, 05:36 PM
beye
Instructor

Originally Posted by Pathy
I usually don't brag about buying electric appliances on a high-end car forum
You’re lucky because this is the place to do that: enjoy!
(considering that there is an outlet in the Macan, it would be very useful for all of us)
The following users liked this post:
TC Cruising (03-10-2024)
Old 03-10-2024, 05:48 PM
TC Cruising
Instructor

Received 99 Likes on 70 Posts

We have used our EV to power up critical things like our refrigerator, computer, etc., during several day-long power outages. A very important option IMO as we do not have a generator.
Old 03-23-2024, 06:40 PM
Draper
Rennlist Member

Received 49 Likes on 33 Posts

Got on the list this week for a Turbo which will likely end up as a MY25 build (which I sort of prefer due to the switch NACS).

This will be the first EV for me, and honestly the only one so far which has even been remotely appealing. That may be largely due to the fact that my current Macan Turbo is simply a fantastic all-around car and has been hard to let go of.

Does anyone know what the standard black interior accents are? Their description of 'Black accents on the dashboard and doors (front and rear)' is not particularly helpful. Wondering if it's piano black plastic or something like the black aluminum the GTS had.

Code: PRAAHMP5

GTRSP (03-27-2024)
Old 03-23-2024, 08:36 PM
mnl
Advanced

Received 91 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Draper
Got on the list this week for a Turbo which will likely end up as a MY25 build (which I sort of prefer due to the switch NACS).

This will be the first EV for me, and honestly the only one so far which has even been remotely appealing. That may be largely due to the fact that my current Macan Turbo is simply a fantastic all-around car and has been hard to let go of.

Does anyone know what the standard black interior accents are? Their description of 'Black accents on the dashboard and doors (front and rear)' is not particularly helpful. Wondering if it's piano black plastic or something like the black aluminum the GTS had.

Code: PRAAHMP5
interior accents are like the door handle and a stripe across the dashboard. select the neodyme version and it’ll be super obvious what’s changing. from what it looks like in the configurator it kinda seems like just anodized aluminum in black, not entirely sure what the exact finishing is but i don’t think it’s plastic for that

(nice spec btw, love the color choices)
Draper (03-24-2024)
Old 03-27-2024, 01:44 PM
TurboIXXI
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

I'm having second thoughts on adding the roof rails. Unfortunately, I did not selection roof rails and yesterday was my freeze date. Does it help divert rain water? From what I understand, roof rails cannot be added as an accessory like the previous Macan?

Last edited by TurboIXXI; 03-27-2024 at 02:30 PM.
Old 03-27-2024, 02:22 PM
GMPNW
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by TurboIXXI
I'm having second thoughts on adding the roof rails. Unfortunately, yesterday was my freeze date. Does it help divert rain water? From what I understand, roof rails cannot be added as an accessory like the previous Macan?
I have roof rails on my ICE Macan and they had to be specified with the order. It gets plenty of rain where I live but I don't see how they would divert water.
Old 03-27-2024, 02:28 PM
TurboIXXI
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by GMPNW
I have roof rails on my ICE Macan and they had to be specified with the order. It gets plenty of rain where I live but I don't see how they would divert water.
getting in and out of the car. aren't the roof rails essentially rain gutters?
Old 03-27-2024, 02:49 PM
GMPNW
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by TurboIXXI
getting in and out of the car. aren't the roof rails essentially rain gutters?
I park outside and it's raining now, but I'm not sure how much water could come off sideways while I had the door open. Do you live where it rains really hard?

Coincidentally, last night I deleted roof rails from my configuration. I was unhappy about having to have Black or Silver window trim with the rails. I didn't think the crossbars would look very good spanning the panoramic roof (which I'd rather not have). And I began to wonder how likely I was to haul 2x4's back from Lowe's in this thing. On my ICE Macan I think the roof rails look great without the crossbars, but the EV already provides vertical roof lines with the panoramic roof. First World problems...
Old 03-27-2024, 02:53 PM
TC Cruising
Instructor

Received 99 Likes on 70 Posts

Good posts and questions. Thank you all. I will follow this thread. BTW even though I live in the land of mega rain (Pacific Northwest), I do not not have roof rails included in my 2026 tentatively configured Macan order.
Old 03-27-2024, 05:03 PM
beye
Instructor

To me roof rails altere Macan’s look. It’s way better without.
It’s personal, for sure!
The following 2 users liked this post by beye:
Awas (03-27-2024), Draper (03-31-2024)
Old 03-27-2024, 05:37 PM
Awas
Instructor

Received 45 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by beye
To me roof rails altere Macan’s look. It’s way better without.
It’s personal, for sure!
I agree.
beye (03-27-2024)
Old 04-05-2024, 04:28 AM
DistinctSpite
Intermediate

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Awaiting to hear back from my dealer on allocation details/timeline but my rep seemed hopeful to know soon. I think I have one guys poverty spec beaten. Love how I can configure the car exactly to my liking though.

https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRJDXVV5
Old 04-05-2024, 04:32 AM
mnl
Advanced

Received 91 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by DistinctSpite
Awaiting to hear back from my dealer on allocation details/timeline but my rep seemed hopeful to know soon. I think I have one guys poverty spec beaten. Love how I can configure the car exactly to my liking though.

https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRJDXVV5
i called my dealer last week and they gave me an update since we can’t add the car to the website for tracking yet… all subject to change of course but their system said: build starts june 14 and should be done june 21 (find it wild that it takes only 7 days from start to finish!), then it ships out june 28 for delivery sep 20. we’ll see how close they manage to stick to those dates! 🤞🏻
The following 3 users liked this post by mnl:
DistinctSpite (04-05-2024), Jeff Whitten (04-05-2024), TC Cruising (04-05-2024)

Quick Reply: Macan EV: if you’re ordering EV ~ post your build