Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Macan EV: if you’re ordering EV ~ post your build

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2024, 02:10 PM
TC Cruising
Racer

Received 115 Likes on 84 Posts

Yes for that storage space advantage but the Sound Package Plus package is not offered in the U.S. (maybe also not elsewhere). What is it please?
Old 06-28-2024, 02:12 PM
tmrqs
Instructor

Received 80 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by TC Cruising
Yes for that storage space advantage but the Sound Package Plus package is not offered in the U.S. (maybe also not elsewhere). What is it please?
It’s the name of the base sound system.

Last edited by tmrqs; 06-28-2024 at 02:15 PM.
Old 06-28-2024, 02:14 PM
TC Cruising
Racer

Thanks for the education.. I stand corrected when I above posted it is not offered. Quite a few negative comments on it but doubt any one of us have heard it in a Macan EV.
Old 06-28-2024, 02:17 PM
tmrqs
Instructor

Received 80 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by TC Cruising
Thanks for the education.. I stand corrected when I above posted it is not offered. Quite a few negative comments on it but doubt any one of us have heard it in a Macan EV.
It seems to be shared across quite a few models at Porsche (incl. ICE Macan, Taycan, 718, …) but don’t imagine it was made available to anyone on the new Macan, they seem to all have upgraded sound systems.
Old 06-28-2024, 02:37 PM
Awas
Instructor

Received 49 Likes on 37 Posts

This Sound Package Plus is available at least in the UK at no cost. A good saving of nearly £1,000 for non-audiophiles like me with tight budget.
Might also be available in Europe, but I'm not sure.

Old 06-28-2024, 05:04 PM
TC Cruising
Racer

Regarding Dkgli’s comment above re, charge doors“( Standard port covers: I figure if I've lived with manual fueling covers for my ICE cars all these years, I can live with them now on the EV. Plus they seem less prone to problems. The only reason, other than a cool factor, to get electric ones in my mind is fear of vandalism. That probably is a real thing, but I don't see myself ever doing street charging,”), this is something for my wife and I to check on on the production cars that are arriving at the dealership in October.

The non-power charge doors on our iX are elephant sized in comparison and never had an issue even when public charging. I too have had concerns about the functional reliability/ease of the Macan EV’s power charge doors even since I saw that both Kyle/OutOfSoec and other reviewers sometimes had make multiple attempts to get the charge doors to open. Again I then figured that those were pre-production versions, yet even back then in January seeing that I wrote this “note to self” for when we go to the Porsche dealer in later September to see multiple production versions:

Check to see if the $580 charging port door works a) consistently and b) without massive fingerprints being put on it each time.”

So my wife and at will try the demo/showroom charge port doors on every Macan EV they have, to see how consistently and easily they work — as literally just one fingerprint push each time on our iX door opens it perfectly every time. Sometimes simplicity wins in the end.. If still needing to repeatedly attempt to open them is still an issue, we will spend the $580 on some other option…
Old 06-28-2024, 05:51 PM
Awas
Instructor

In the UK at least the charge cable gets locked at all public chargers (perhaps the same in Europe). In my BMW i4 eDrive 40, I have to unlock the charging cable from the App, before I can pull it out.
So no issue with charging port door being manual, so I've gone for manual.
Old 06-28-2024, 10:56 PM
Dgkli
Advanced

Received 38 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Awas
In the UK at least the charge cable gets locked at all public chargers (perhaps the same in Europe). In my BMW i4 eDrive 40, I have to unlock the charging cable from the App, before I can pull it out.
So no issue with charging port door being manual, so I've gone for manual.
Just to be clear, the putative problem is not the cable; it's that the charging car is sitting there with this big open Porsche flap that some people might enjoy snapping off (for some reason). The electrIc flaps typically retract when open.
Old 06-29-2024, 04:40 AM
Awas
Instructor

@Dgkli
I see your point.
But if someone really wants to vandalise something, he can do that with anything really, like an electric logo on the car, a wind shield wiper, side mirror etc, not just a charging port door.
Old 06-29-2024, 09:18 AM
Dgkli
Advanced

Received 38 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Awas
@Dgkli
I see your point.
But if someone really wants to vandalise something, he can do that with anything really, like an electric logo on the car, a wind shield wiper, side mirror etc, not just a charging port door.
Agreed. But I guess there's some fear this might be a "thing." I doubt there's any evidence for that at this point.
Old 07-05-2024, 06:26 PM
RMN22AJR
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Macan EV Turbo build

Macan EV Turbo
Jet Black Metallic - Black / Bordeaux Red Leather Interior
Build Code: PRFNH586
Delivery: October or November
The following users liked this post:
TC Cruising (07-05-2024)
Old 07-10-2024, 04:19 PM
Duke95
AutoX

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
Default My build...with two concerns

My build: PRUMIWX8

Ice Grey Macan 4 with basically as much glossy black trim as possible (see postings on Ice Grey...awesome color!).
As much tech as possible other than rear axle steering and head up display
Vegan interior is a must for me (dont preach please, and I wont preach back), which you CANNOT get the head up with...why why why?? Upset about that...!

Besides my synthetic/head up gripe (come on Porsche, why not!?)...question:
Am I too scared about ICEing crap? I wonder if I should have gotten prewired for dashcam. Need to educate myself on dashcams (never had one) but wondering about getting more or less as much 360 view as possible to protect my new baby. Previous poster noted someone "might" rip off charging port cover....did not think of that (and did not order the upgrade there). Actually know someone who got their car keyed bad while charging...

So sad we need to think about these things...some people cant just let other people live...
Old 07-11-2024, 06:39 PM
RicoUK
3rd Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Macan 4 - Offroad Package (to add a better finish than the matt black trims)

Hi all,

First post - July spec. lock / October delivery here in the UK.

I was having issues with the Macan 4 matt black front lip / side sills / rear bumper and much prefer the gloss of the turbo (but not availble as an option).
After playing around with the 3D view on the configurator, you can get quite a few lighting changes applied to the rendered image, and using the plain background setting I managed to see how the offroad package (body colour) will likely look in real life (haven't seen ANY photos online).

I like it - it breaks up the matt trims front, side and rear which I was having a real issue with as it doesn't look anywhere near 'premium' enough for me on a car of this value.
Happier now I've seem a way to mitigate this with the offroad package in body colour.

How's this look?

Front lip / side sill covers with body colour 'offroad' trim. Wasn't initially sure but really like it now!

Finally decided on these wheels - Turbo 21" were first choice until I saw these wheels on a Youtube video and saw their depth and soild sections IRL

Still deciding whether to get PORSCHE letting black or not...?
TC Cruising (07-19-2024)
Old 07-19-2024, 09:24 AM
RicoUK
3rd Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Offroad PAck - Video Footage!

And...a day after speccing, the 4S arrives sporting the off road pack in a video.
So that answers all my questions and I like the look - it is an SUV after all, and having glosss body coloured front lip, side sill covers and rear sections really works for me.

On the topic of 4S - the red calipers are a neat touch, but the extra 100hp is way more than I need - 408ps peak / 387ps power is plenty!!
The BMW i4 M50 I had in the past with ~500ps was just too much temptation and a potential licence loser...

In terms of the 4S holding its value better - I will be keeping my 4 for a few years and this isn't really a major concern...and I get to start driving the 4 in mid October...

TC Cruising (07-19-2024)
Old 08-04-2024, 06:51 PM
rmwrip
7th Gear

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Just ordered this. https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PSGF3FC8
Delivery on 1/10.

Quick Reply: Macan EV: if you’re ordering EV ~ post your build