Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Macan EV: if you’re ordering EV ~ post your build

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2024, 07:24 PM
seejaneworkit
6th Gear

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

I updated mine from the blue to the oak green neo and ultimately changed a bunch of other features while I was at it. The configurator was updated after my initial build to be able to visualize everything better. Locks June 11th, arrive sometime between mid-August and early-September.

https://my.porsche.com/core/us/en_US...tions/PR79DJV5

Last edited by seejaneworkit; 04-11-2024 at 07:27 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by seejaneworkit:
Jeff Whitten (04-11-2024), russdc (04-21-2024)
Old 04-15-2024, 04:57 PM
Zero911
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I am torn on the following options and would love to hear your thoughts.

Rear Axel Steering - do you guys think the tighter turn radius will be meaningful with the Macan? It's already small? Different from the Taycan.

Sport Chrono Package - don't really care about the individual settings or Sport Plus on the Macan but probably will get it as the dash is too plain without it.

Porsche Electric Sport Sound - was going to pass as it sounded gimmicky but after watching videos of the Taycan, it sounds kinda cool?

Power Charge Port Cover - need to decide if a smile on my face when charging is worth $580

InnoDrive - will pass as I won't use it, I don't use ALK either, but only concern would be if they update it to make it spectacular but what are the odds of an update?

AR Heads Up Display - not sure if I saw anything definitive about whether it works with CarPlay or not, but noticed most of you don't have it spec'd. Looks cool but not sure this is worth it?

Roof Rails - I don't like the look but this will replace our current SUV and I think I will need the ability to use a roof luggage carrier especially given the interior luggage space is much smaller. Wish it looked better though.
The following 2 users liked this post by Zero911:
RList911 (04-24-2024), TC Cruising (04-15-2024)
Old 04-15-2024, 05:07 PM
jsclarke
Instructor

Received 42 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Zero911
I

Power Charge Port Cover - need to decide if a smile on my face when charging is worth $580

InnoDrive - will pass as I won't use it, I don't use ALK either, but only concern would be if they update it to make it spectacular but what are the odds of an update?

AR Heads Up Display - not sure if I saw anything definitive about whether it works with CarPlay or not, but noticed most of you don't have it spec'd. Looks cool but not sure this is worth it?

Roof Rails - I don't like the look but this will replace our current SUV and I think I will need the ability to use a roof luggage carrier especially given the interior luggage space is much smaller. Wish it looked better though.
we had an etron with an electronic port cover. It’s cool but if it freezes up or doesn’t work, you can’t plug in. Then it becomes extremely uncool. And the Porsche one looks like it blocks the status lights on the side anyway.
The following users liked this post:
RList911 (04-24-2024)
Old 04-15-2024, 07:09 PM
Awas
Instructor

Received 45 Likes on 33 Posts

My Porsche dealer was quite adamant not to go for Rear-Axel Steering. He said it's unnecessary in this size of a car. He said he has driven these cars in Germany, and he knows. So, I thought there must be a good reason, otherwise a Porsche dealer wouldn't be discouraging people adding more options. I read another comment somewhere, someone saying if he parks his Taycan with Rear-Axel Steering close to the curb, the rear wheels are prone to touching the kerb when turning. Besides, if you are not used to something, you are not going to miss it. Here, below, is another Porsche enthusiast, clearly disliking Rear-Axel Steering on his new Porsche. Watch it at 6:0 minutes onwards.

I think AR Heads Up Display is unique here and a first by anyone withaugmented reality. Thenavigation apps such as Google Maps or Waze are both pretty good. Porsche will be using Google Maps probably, but augmented reality might make it unique and interesting. Getting used to it won't take long. I optioned it.

Some others you mention are personal choices to one's own taste. Personally, I'm not for a clock in the middle of the car. For me, looking at the time on the dash/ instruments will be fine.

Last edited by Awas; 04-15-2024 at 07:16 PM.
Old 04-15-2024, 07:14 PM
mnl
Advanced

Received 91 Likes on 26 Posts

Rear Axel Steering - do you guys think the tighter turn radius will be meaningful with the Macan? It's already small? Different from the Taycan.

[…]

Rear Axel Steering - not sure how much of a difference it will make given the car size, but i'm a fan of it on my 812 so i picked it

Sport Chrono Package - i like the clock, mostly picked it for the clock and to match my GT4

Porsche Electric Sport Sound - drove a taycan with it, its…fine? didnt care enough for it to want to add it to my build

Power Charge Port Cover - skipped it cause the automatic cover is kinda slow vs the regular manual cover. plus you gotta deal with glitches or whatever if it doesn't quite recognize you trying to open it etc, just seems like more trouble than a convenience

InnoDrive - idk how much i'll use it but i'd rather order this and not use it vs wanting to use it and not having it

AR Heads Up Display - was torn on this one, mostly due to car play support cause i def wont be using porsche's nav system, but in the end i skipped to save a bit of money

Roof Rails - cant add them after the fact, i think they look fine, so i added just in case we ever want to put stuff up there
Old 04-15-2024, 07:23 PM
Awas
Instructor

Originally Posted by mnl
InnoDrive - idk how much i'll use it but i'd rather order this and not use it vs wanting to use it and not having it
I believe, it's available on monthly subscription as well, even if you don't option it at the outset.
Old 04-15-2024, 07:35 PM
mnl
Advanced

Received 91 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Awas
I believe, it's available on monthly subscription as well, even if you don't option it at the outset.
thats interesting, tho i'm very much against subscriptions. i wont really notice the $1000 or whatever the option costs at build time but i will definitely notice even a $10/month charge 😂 i much rather just pay for it upfront
Old 04-15-2024, 08:19 PM
Zero911
Instructor

Originally Posted by Awas
I don't think this is true? The configurator seems to suggest that you have to pay for InnoDrive AND once the initial Connect subscription ends, you have to pay a continued subscription fee for the feature to really work (new map updates, etc)?
Old 04-15-2024, 08:44 PM
Awas
Instructor

I don't think this is true? The configurator seems to suggest that you have to pay for InnoDrive AND once the initial Connect subscription ends, you have to pay a continued subscription fee for the feature to really work (new map updates, etc)?
https://www.thedrive.com/news/35850/...ts-not-all-bad
Old 04-15-2024, 09:30 PM
Zero911
Instructor

Hmm, interesting. It sounded totally different from the description in the configurator.

Porsche InnoDrive with Active Lane Keeping

Once activated, Porsche InnoDrive supports and relieves the driver in the driving task by taking over the speed control and continuously intervening in the steering. The function reacts to detected speed limits, corners and traffic circles and adjusts the driving speed accordingly.

Porsche InnoDrive orients itself within the system limits to lane markings and keeps the vehicle centered in the lane through continuous steering interventions - even in traffic jam situations.

The features of Porsche InnoDrive are shown on request in a central 3D assistance screen in the instrument cluster.

Including Adaptive Cruise Control and Lane Change Assist.

Notes: All described functions are subject to system limits and require continuous monitoring by the driver. In order to continue using the full range of Porsche InnoDrive functions, a chargeable renewal or separate map updates are required after the inclusive period of the Connect package has expired (further information on the inclusive period of the Connect package for your vehicle can be found at (https://connect-store.porsche.com).
I think I confused what you were saying with this Connect thing noted above. I visited the Connect store link provided in the note above and it sounds like the included Connect period is 10 years. I did not expect that.

So I guess what you're saying is you can opt to subscribe to InnoDrive later without buying the option up front. Or you can buy InnoDrive up front but then it seems like it works for 10 years after which you need to move to a subscription anyway to get the regular updates?

Is ACC/ALK standard on the Macan 4? I don't see either as a separate option outside of InnoDrive.

Last edited by Zero911; 04-15-2024 at 09:35 PM.
Old 04-16-2024, 10:47 AM
mb1
Rennlist Member

Received 210 Likes on 126 Posts

Not sure if my link will work. I've changed colors multiple times and may do so again before my 5/1 lock date.
Macan4
Ice grey metallic
Truffle brown with summerwood
Premium package
Exterior mirrors, side blade, model designation exterior color
Surround view
Power charge port cover
Under door light projectors
Fake sound
Some other minor things

https://configurator.porsche.com/en-...dFrom=PR3VW3J9
TC Cruising (04-16-2024)
Old 04-16-2024, 10:51 AM
TC Cruising
Instructor

Received 99 Likes on 70 Posts

Link worked perfectly. I like your Macan.. It is going to be functional and visually pleasant.
Old 04-30-2024, 06:15 PM
tmrqs
Advanced

Received 53 Likes on 39 Posts

Ordered as well - PRUCQKI9

Seanlabonte (04-30-2024)
Old 04-30-2024, 06:47 PM
Seanlabonte
Platinum Dealer
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 47 Likes on 21 Posts

great build.
tmrqs (04-30-2024)
Old 05-01-2024, 04:22 PM
mb1
Rennlist Member

Received 210 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by mb1
Not sure if my link will work. I've changed colors multiple times and may do so again before my 5/1 lock date.
Macan4
Ice grey metallic
Truffle brown with summerwood
Premium package
Exterior mirrors, side blade, model designation exterior color
Surround view
Power charge port cover
Under door light projectors
Fake sound
Some other minor things

https://configurator.porsche.com/en-...dFrom=PR3VW3J9
I changed the color back to Oak Green Neo and added rear axle steering, heated GT steering wheel leather and Porsche logo in rear satin black. Surprisingly, my lock date, which had been moved previously from late April to June 6 was moved up to today. Build code as follows:
The Porsche Code

Macan 4 Electric | Porsche Car Configurator

Quick Reply: Macan EV: if you’re ordering EV ~ post your build