Sponsored by:

Macan EV: if you’re ordering EV ~ post your build

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2024, 01:03 PM
tstafford
Race Car

Received 1,087 Likes on 623 Posts

Update: Mine now vanished too.

Guessing they are working on the system. I suspect we'll see something in the next few days.
Old 02-06-2024, 01:22 PM
stanwyk
Advanced

Received 32 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by tstafford
Update: Mine now vanished too.

Guessing they are working on the system. I suspect we'll see something in the next few days.
Thanks for the update. I was beginning to wonder if my dealer had already transferred my allocation. SA confirmed everything was good. Hopefully this fixes the system like you said.
Old 02-06-2024, 02:42 PM
tstafford
Race Car

Originally Posted by stanwyk
Thanks for the update. I was beginning to wonder if my dealer had already transferred my allocation. SA confirmed everything was good. Hopefully this fixes the system like you said.
Don't worry. This is surely a system thing not a dealer BS thing. I'm zero percent concerned.
Old 02-06-2024, 10:40 PM
stanwyk
Advanced

Originally Posted by tstafford
Don't worry. This is surely a system thing not a dealer BS thing. I'm zero percent concerned.
Now my order number cannot be found . Who knows.
Old 02-07-2024, 06:11 AM
tstafford
Race Car

Now my order number cannot be found . Who knows.
Same here.
Old 02-18-2024, 09:01 PM
mnl
Instructor

Received 105 Likes on 34 Posts

supposedly have a slot for the first batch of deliveries in the fall or whenever that ends up happening, i'm still debating whether or not to go through with it but i'm definitely very tempted. just test drove a macan s to get an idea of the size and a taycan gts to see how it feels to drive an electric porsche…very impressed with the taycan, it felt very much like a normal car, but silent. so i'm hoping the new macan is similar to the taycan!

i originally started at ~$108k, decided to get rid of the heads up display [not even sure if it would even do much when i have directions on carplay since i never use the built in maps] and got rid of the passenger display too since i dont see much point to it, so that helped bring down the price a bit to ~$103k and this is what my current build looks like now: http://www.porsche-code.com/PRRZTMZ2

Old 02-18-2024, 10:59 PM
JonoNZ
AutoX

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

The HUD should show directions from CarPlay (Apple Maps), at least that is what has been reported. Our BMW iX M60 does that now.
Old 02-18-2024, 11:06 PM
mnl
Instructor

Originally Posted by JonoNZ
The HUD should show directions from CarPlay (Apple Maps), at least that is what has been reported. Our BMW iX M60 does that now.
interesting, i just assumed only porsche navigation would work and the salesperson didn't know for sure. well if it does work then i might be tempted to add it to the build, but not sure if its worth it… either way, thanks for the info!
Old 02-18-2024, 11:20 PM
stanwyk
Advanced

Originally Posted by mnl
supposedly have a slot for the first batch of deliveries in the fall or whenever that ends up happening, i'm still debating whether or not to go through with it but i'm definitely very tempted. just test drove a macan s to get an idea of the size and a taycan gts to see how it feels to drive an electric porsche…very impressed with the taycan, it felt very much like a normal car, but silent. so i'm hoping the new macan is similar to the taycan!

i originally started at ~$108k, decided to get rid of the heads up display [not even sure if it would even do much when i have directions on carplay since i never use the built in maps] and got rid of the passenger display too since i dont see much point to it, so that helped bring down the price a bit to ~$103k and this is what my current build looks like now: http://www.porsche-code.com/PRRZTMZ2
The issue I keep debating is whether to just wait for MY2025. This Macan already feels eternally delayed. Delivery in June or July is fine, but as we inch toward later in the year I have doubts.

Regarding your build, could you spec a Turbo for not much more? My 4 is around $96 and it was getting to the point I started debating a Turbo. My understanding is that Turbo allocations are harder to come by, which might be an issue.
Old 02-18-2024, 11:35 PM
mnl
Instructor

The issue I keep debating is whether to just wait for MY2025. This Macan already feels eternally delayed. Delivery in June or July is fine, but as we inch toward later in the year I have doubts.

Regarding your build, could you spec a Turbo for not much more? My 4 is around $96 and it was getting to the point I started debating a Turbo. My understanding is that Turbo allocations are harder to come by, which might be an issue.
i briefly thought about it but while yea you can just go to the base turbo for basically the same exact price, in reality its a pretty big jump since i'd want to add basically all the same options on the turbo as well [wheels, full leather interior, 360º cameras, etc] so the price end up being like $120k [i did a quick pass at it: PRZNGBG0]. if you're not adding that many options then maybe the difference would be less? another thing is i actually dont really want the turbo in the first place, i think i prefer the looks of the 4 on the back, dont dislike the turbo but i prefer it without the extra air channels on the sides, i also just noticed the 4 comes with black brakes by default but on the turbo they're red [or $900 for black]. but i think even more importantly i'd rather have a bit more range than more power on this car. i already have two very fun and fast cars [GT4 and 812], so i'm not really looking to get the fastest thing available i just want a more normal car that can be a better daily than my current cars haha i'm sure the 4 is fast enough to be able to handle day to day stuff like merging into the highway or whatever without issue.

as for availability i'm not sure to be honest i didn't even ask the dealer for that i just went straight for the 4

edit: and for 24 vs 25, only thing i can think of is to get the new NACS charging port cause i dont think the 24 will have it, but honestly its not going to be a roadtrip car for me, so i'll mostly charge at home. so not really a big deal for me to use an adapter if needed…

Last edited by mnl; 02-18-2024 at 11:37 PM.
Old 02-19-2024, 12:06 AM
daveo4porsche
Rennlist Member

Received 3,974 Likes on 1,931 Posts

Originally Posted by mnl
i briefly thought about it but while yea you can just go to the base turbo for basically the same exact price, in reality its a pretty big jump since i'd want to add basically all the same options on the turbo as well [wheels, full leather interior, 360º cameras, etc] so the price end up being like $120k [i did a quick pass at it: PRZNGBG0]. if you're not adding that many options then maybe the difference would be less? another thing is i actually dont really want the turbo in the first place, i think i prefer the looks of the 4 on the back, dont dislike the turbo but i prefer it without the extra air channels on the sides, i also just noticed the 4 comes with black brakes by default but on the turbo they're red [or $900 for black]. but i think even more importantly i'd rather have a bit more range than more power on this car. i already have two very fun and fast cars [GT4 and 812], so i'm not really looking to get the fastest thing available i just want a more normal car that can be a better daily than my current cars haha i'm sure the 4 is fast enough to be able to handle day to day stuff like merging into the highway or whatever without issue.

as for availability i'm not sure to be honest i didn't even ask the dealer for that i just went straight for the 4

edit: and for 24 vs 25, only thing i can think of is to get the new NACS charging port cause i dont think the 24 will have it, but honestly its not going to be a roadtrip car for me, so i'll mostly charge at home. so not really a big deal for me to use an adapter if needed…
even money bet 2025's will be higher priced than 2024's…but we'll see.
The following users liked this post:
mnl (02-19-2024)
Old 02-19-2024, 12:11 AM
mnl
Instructor

Originally Posted by daveo4porsche
even money bet 2025's will be higher priced than 2024's…but we'll see.
oh that's a great point, i hadn't really thought of that but you're right! i dont remember them _not_ doing a price increase YoY so it seems basically guaranteed
Old 02-19-2024, 05:11 AM
kalachkin
2nd Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I made it like this http://www.porsche-code.com/PRQC9QR5 but not sure about interior - the dealer said that Leather Interior is actually mostly artificial leather and a normal leather will come only with "Leather package with extensive items in leather". As long as it is not a big price difference, maybe its better to take Club leather in Truffel Brown. It is $2700 vs $2100 for full leather.
Or default Leather package in Turbo is still nice?
The following users liked this post:
TC Cruising (02-19-2024)
Old 02-19-2024, 11:24 AM
digli
Advanced

Received 36 Likes on 19 Posts

I'd like to get some opinions on interior choices for a Frozen Blue Metallic exterior (which is a great colour in person -- the configurator does not do it justice). My favourite interior match is the Leather Package in Black/Chalk which really brightens up the interior. My only concern is that the upper door panel is in the imitation leather and, while I don't care that it is not leather, Porsche imitation leather has traditionally not played well with real leather, particularly in surface texture. If you zoom into the 360 view, there is a fake leather texture in the non-leather panel vs. smooth for the leather panel (which bears out with current dealer samples). For a heavy price uplift, jumping to the Extended Leather options (to add leather to the upper door panel) doesn't fix this; Chalk turns to Chalk Beige which, if you look at samples at the dealership, no longer works with the Frozen Blue Metallic --- the beige seems to take on a pinkish hue. So it seems to me that the only real options in Extended Leather that work with Frozen Blue are Black (which opens options for contrasting trim) or Black with Turbonite. Would love to get some opinions on this, especially regarding the Turbonite accents (this option includes seat belts in Turbonite). If I went with Black, I might add Summerwood which looks ok based on this image:

My build in Black: PR4DJJ72
My build in Black/Turbonite: PRZG4UC1
Thanks in advance!
Old 02-19-2024, 12:52 PM
tstafford
Race Car

FWIW - I'm likely to push mine to 2025. If I can't get July delivery, I'm not taking a '24 model in September/October after the shutdown. And when I type that, It realize I probably should just push the build regardless.

Quick Reply: Macan EV: if you’re ordering EV ~ post your build