Sponsored by: APR

Australian GT4s

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2016, 09:49 AM
James88
Three Wheelin'

Received 158 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by Bardman
Congrats James - looks awesome. Will you have it this Sunday? Would be good for the two agates to meet up!
Thanks, no, car wont be ready, will have to wait for wrap and tint, I should have it by Thur the 30th. What time and were is the meet, I will be having a late night on Saturday and depends how I scrub up Sunday morning, could I have someones phone number. I'd hate to keep any one waiting.

Originally Posted by DR1VEN
Fantastic- congrats. 918 seats and 918 brakes. Colour combo looks great- especially the interior detail. Awesome pickup.
That's certainly one unique way to avoid the last one month of waiting.
Yeah thanks, the seats were quite surprisingly compfortable and those brakes just stop on a dime.

Originally Posted by Snowman.
Haha - nice one Jim. It's a great spec.

I'm sure one day you'll meet Paul who is my mate that looked at it on the weekend.
I actually went there today with a friend thinking he might be interested in it and then it all turned around.

Originally Posted by 76Vintage
Great looking package! Does it vary much from your white spec?

Seeing as quite a few of you are getting wraps, my question is how to have my dealer out East VIC (PCD) organise wraps as part of the delivery. Any advice I could impart to them or am I best to try to sort off my own bat?
Agate one is almost fully optioned except for roll cage and harnesses, my white one very little options. PCM is using James from Invisible brass, I know PCB have their own guy as well, PCB & PCD have the same owners so they probably use the same wrapper.

Originally Posted by cp993
Good on you Jim. Like Agate Grey it was a colour I considered when I specced mine. Very different spec to what you were originally going for....
Thanks Chris, yes very different specs but it is what is and I quite like it to tell you the truth. The only thing that concerns me is I'm giving up a brand new never driven one for a slightly used one with a few test drives by others. Still time to change back..lol
Old 06-20-2016, 10:02 AM
James88
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by WAY
Congrats on the car James! You got a very nice car at less than what it costs. I offered the car to the guys on AE but there were no takers. Don't worry, nothing wrong with the car at all and it was not thrashed before it was traded.
I just saw this, thank you. What is AE? Was this your car !!!!!
Old 06-20-2016, 10:07 AM
AlpineR
Instructor

Received 49 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by James88
AE = Aussiexotics
Old 06-20-2016, 12:36 PM
GAZZ
Pro

Received 83 Likes on 50 Posts

Guys,
The first delivered GT4 in Australia was to Perth.
That is my car .
The week before Fathers day. Twas a good Fathers day .

Oh and that blurb in Christophourious about the first GT4 is WRONG .

Just had to set the record straight....ha ha.
Old 06-20-2016, 05:16 PM
NBTBRV8
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://aussieexotics.com/forum/porsc...41897.780.html
Old 06-20-2016, 06:24 PM
Charliekay
Racer

Received 55 Likes on 25 Posts

Carsales ad:

2015 Porsche Cayman GT4 MY16
"dealer demo"
650km
$259,000 drive away
VIC reg: AIG750
LMCT: 3140

Features Include :
- Metallic Paint
- Sport Chrono Package
- GTS and Alcantara Package
- Full Bucket Seats
- Porsche Ceramic Composite Brakes
- Wheels Painted in Satin Black
- Centre Console Trim in Carbon
- Racing Yellow Seat Belts
- Sun Visors in Leather
- Storage Compartment Lid in Alcantara
- Dashboard Trim Package in Leather
- PCM Package in Leather
- Carbon Interior Package
- Door Trim package in Leather/Alcantara
- Door Sill Guards in Carbon
- Inner Door Sill Guards in Leather
- Black Bi-Xenon Headlights
- Light Design Package
- Stitching in Contrasting Colour
- Instrument Surround Upper Section in Leather
- Steering Column Casing in Leather
- Vehicle Key Painted
- Online Services

Congrats mate, beautiful car.

One this I noticed is the painted key is yellow, I thought you could only order the painted key to match the exterior paint colour. The car has got the key to match the interior seat belt and stitching colour which is what I wanted to do with mine but didn't think it was possible.
Old 06-20-2016, 07:37 PM
James88
Three Wheelin'

Thanks for all the replies, does anyone know if l can run steel rotors with these yellow calipers?
Just a thought, as l was thinking of maybe preserving the ceramics.
Old 06-20-2016, 07:51 PM
Snowman.
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 4 Posts

^^ Jim - there are some options.

This is one for example - https://rennlist.com/forums/gt4/9402...for-pccbs.html
Old 06-20-2016, 09:10 PM
GAZZ
Pro

Received 83 Likes on 50 Posts

Thanks for all the replies, does anyone know if l can run steel rotors with these yellow calipers?
Just a thought, as l was thinking of maybe preserving the ceramics.
Why bother? You'll never wear out PCCB on the street. Unless your track hammering for 2 hours per week every week.

My PCCBs' on the Cayman S have done 70kms and still look like new. Almost zero wear.
Old 06-20-2016, 11:09 PM
James88
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Snowman.
^^ Jim - there are some options.

This is one for example - https://rennlist.com/forums/gt4/9402...for-pccbs.html
Thanks Andrew

Originally Posted by GAZZ
Why bother? You'll never wear out PCCB on the street. Unless your track hammering for 2 hours per week every week.

My PCCBs' on the Cayman S have done 70kms and still look like new. Almost zero wear.
Thanks, yes this is what I have found out. Ceramics are quite lighter so that's a plus in unsprung weight, they really felt brilliant.
Old 06-20-2016, 11:37 PM
Bardman
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by WAY
Congrats on the car James! You got a very nice car at less than what it costs. I offered the car to the guys on AE but there were no takers. Don't worry, nothing wrong with the car at all and it was not thrashed before it was traded.
You were previous owner? Why did you sell?
Old 06-21-2016, 01:25 AM
DR1VEN
Rennlist Member

Received 42 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by AlpineR
Being a 981 Spyder owner, I'd love to know the numbers for them in Aus, can you help?
Sure but 981 Spyders are seldom spotted so gathering data to verify their VIN sequence is a little harder than GT4/RS. Instagram has plenty of Aussie GT4/RS as it seems every car obsessed teenager old enough to own an iPhone likes getting their spotted pic on Instagram (and maybe a few adults too!).

The only publically available 981 Spyder VIN I could verify is: WP0ZZZ98ZGS150250. Based on that, their sequence is between WP0ZZZ98ZGS150000 - 1999. This looks right as the US Spyder Registry thread leaves less than 2000 produced for ROW (ie not counting North America). Plus the sequence before and after these VINs return no results. So here you go!

*1524 is going to Port Kembla.

25 x Spyders up to today and as the last one was loaded over a month ago that might be it. I can do the search again in a month to see if there any others pop up but certainly looks like very low numbers compared with 140 x GT4 and 67 x GT3RS (and still counting).

PS: I've stopped blanking out VINs as they are publically available. If folks have a problem with that, please chime in. Based on this info though, would Aussie rennlisters be interested in an Aussie 9x1 GT3/RS/GT4/Spyder registry? This could also help confirm the numbers if people verified their VINs.
Old 06-21-2016, 01:43 AM
NBTBRV8
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sure but 981 Spyders are seldom spotted so gathering data to verify their VIN sequence is a little harder than GT4/RS. Instagram has plenty of Aussie GT4/RS as it seems every car obsessed teenager old enough to own an iPhone likes getting their spotted pic on Instagram (and maybe a few adults too!).

The only publically available 981 Spyder VIN I could verify is: WP0ZZZ98ZGS150250. Based on that, their sequence is between WP0ZZZ98ZGS150000 - 1999. This looks right as the US Spyder Registry thread leaves less than 2000 produced for ROW (ie not counting North America). Plus the sequence before and after these VINs return no results. So here you go!

*1524 is going to Port Kembla.

25 x Spyders up to today and as the last one was loaded over a month ago that might be it. I can do the search again in a month to see if there any others pop up but certainly looks like very low numbers compared with 140 x GT4 and 67 x GT3RS (and still counting).

PS: I've stopped blanking out VINs as they are publically available. If folks have a problem with that, please chime in. Based on this info though, would Aussie rennlisters be interested in an Aussie 9x1 GT3/RS/GT4/Spyder registry? This could also help confirm the numbers if people verified their VINs.
Great work DR1VEN.
Old 06-21-2016, 03:52 AM
Bardman
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Based on this info though, would Aussie rennlisters be interested in an Aussie 9x1 GT3/RS/GT4/Spyder registry? This could also help confirm the numbers if people verified their VINs.
This would be great. Are you aware of a VIN decoder that works for Australian VINs? The one that gmaki uses only works for NA VINs (I tried it on mine to test).
Old 06-21-2016, 06:36 AM
James88
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Bardman
You were previous owner? Why did you sell?
No he wasn't but his friend was, he owns quite a few top end cars and its typical of him to sell soon after purchasing. My friend bought a Meteor Grey GT3 997.2 that belonged to the same person, it had only about 900km and fully optioned, similar to my Agate GT4.

Originally Posted by 76Vintage
Seeing as quite a few of you are getting wraps, my question is how to have my dealer out East VIC (PCD) organise wraps as part of the delivery. Any advice I could impart to them or am I best to try to sort off my own bat?
Just spoke to James from Invisible car brass who's wrapping my car at PCM, he now uses Premium Shield Elite wrap. He said its way better than the others, its stronger, thicker, more durable and higher gloss finish.
http://premiumshield.com/premiumshield-elite/

Last edited by James88; 06-21-2016 at 07:26 AM.

Quick Reply: Australian GT4s