Sponsored by: APR

Australian GT4s

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2016, 07:03 AM
Quack
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

My car finally got loaded onto a ship!

Theben - arrives in Melbourne on 19 Jul 16!!!!

Hooray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now to watch it sail my way
Old 06-09-2016, 07:16 AM
NBTBRV8
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Quack

Old 06-09-2016, 07:58 AM
Quack
Instructor

Originally Posted by NBTBRV8
That's a big fat red ship
Old 06-09-2016, 08:13 AM
James88
Three Wheelin'

Received 158 Likes on 99 Posts

Congrats, time seems to pass slow waiting. Mine's scheduled to arrive at the port on the 12th of July. I had a call from PCM with a delivery date of 20th.
Old 06-09-2016, 10:39 AM
Quack
Instructor

Originally Posted by James88
Congrats, time seems to pass slow waiting. Mine's scheduled to arrive at the port on the 12th of July. I had a call from PCM with a delivery date of 20th.

Thanks James. My car should be in Melbourne on 19 July, so hopefully I should have a delivery on 27 Jul 16, cross fingers! Sorta fits in with the Plwk 22 and 23!
Old 06-09-2016, 06:21 PM
Charliekay
Racer

Received 55 Likes on 25 Posts

Thanks James. My car should be in Melbourne on 19 July, so hopefully I should have a delivery on 27 Jul 16, cross fingers! Sorta fits in with the Plwk 22 and 23!
How accurate is the 8 day delivery from arriving to port? My car is due to arrive at port on the 27th of June, so does that mean I should pick it up around 5th of July? I have never had a car deliver so quick after docking, but then again I have never bought a brand new Porsche before either.
Old 06-09-2016, 07:02 PM
NBTBRV8
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Charliekay
How accurate is the 8 day delivery from arriving to port? My car is due to arrive at port on the 27th of June, so does that mean I should pick it up around 5th of July? I have never had a car deliver so quick after docking, but then again I have never bought a brand new Porsche before either.
I was told by a Melbourne dealer it was about 8 days from day of docking to it arriving at their dealership provided that there was no customs or quarantine delay. But don't forget once it arrives at the dealer it has to go off for its PPI and that can take around 4 days or so.
Old 06-09-2016, 07:45 PM
Snowman.
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 4 Posts

Sounds like a few more GT4's are coming into Vic shortly. We should do a catch up one day - Chris we STILL haven't done one.

FWIW - I ended up getting my wrap done through PCB. Price was essentially the same as Shane quoted - was the full bonnet, front bars A pillar, headlights, mirror etc job - but meant not having to go out to Sunshine (they did it during a service I had done after doing 4 track days - they had the car for 2 days). As far as I can see the job is perfect too.

Also interesting - I have 2 mates who in the last month have placed orders for GT4's. Both getting September deliveries. I remember PCM telling me in March 2015 I couldn't get one! Thankfully PCB said I could (and I mean thankfully - I love this car. Looking forwards to taking it out for a cruise this weekend, and doing another track day on the 18th!)
Old 06-09-2016, 10:09 PM
Bardman
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Snowman.
Sounds like a few more GT4's are coming into Vic shortly. We should do a catch up one day - Chris we STILL haven't done one.
I will be in Melbourne the week of the 27th June if you guys want to meet up then. I'm taking advantage of being in Melbourne to get cargraphic headers and a tune installed by evolve.
Old 06-09-2016, 10:20 PM
Snowman.
Instructor

^^ I'm keen for a set of those too Brad. Did you buy them from Evolve or bring them in yourself. (I presume you have gone for the 200cel long tube?).

I can do a catch up early that week (30th Fri/ 1st Sat I'm stuffed with EOFY ****).
Old 06-09-2016, 11:26 PM
Bardman
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

^^ I'm keen for a set of those too Brad. Did you buy them from Evolve or bring them in yourself. (I presume you have gone for the 200cel long tube?).

I can do a catch up early that week (30th Fri/ 1st Sat I'm stuffed with EOFY ****).
I arranged through Evolve as I had a limited window in Melbourne and it would be expensive for me to stick around if the logistics didn't work themselves out. I haven't done the maths - is it economical to bring them in yourself?

I did opt for the 200cel sports headers. Originally was considering the 100cel option, but they are not roadworthy and it appears they don't last as long. Catless seems far too loud for daily driving - particularly around sleepy Hobart.

I am reasonably flexible in terms of catching up, but my car will be in the shop for at least Monday and Tuesday. I actually arrive overnight on the Ferry 24/25th, so could perhaps catch up on that weekend. When are others free?
Old 06-10-2016, 01:19 AM
James88
Three Wheelin'

Received 158 Likes on 99 Posts

FWIW - I ended up getting my wrap done through PCB. Price was essentially the same as Shane quoted - was the full bonnet, front bars A pillar, headlights, mirror etc job - but meant not having to go out to Sunshine (they did it during a service I had done after doing 4 track days - they had the car for 2 days). As far as I can see the job is perfect too.

Also interesting - I have 2 mates who in the last month have placed orders for GT4's. Both getting September deliveries. I remember PCM telling me in March 2015 I couldn't get one! Thankfully PCB said I could (and I mean thankfully - I love this car. Looking forwards to taking it out for a cruise this weekend, and doing another track day on the 18th!)
Hey Snowman
Do you mind letting me know how much you paid for your wrap and their contact details. Do they wrap it around the edges and does it have a reasonable gloss finish to it?

I have another daily P car and I'm pretty keen to catch up. I'd love to see your car. I'm free this Sunday morning and Monday, where do you live, I'm in Balwyn.
Old 06-10-2016, 01:35 AM
Snowman.
Instructor

Hey Snowman
Do you mind letting me know how much you paid for your wrap and their contact details. Do they wrap it around the edges and does it have a reasonable gloss finish to it?

I have another daily P car and I'm pretty keen to catch up. I'd love to see your car. I'm free this Sunday morning and Monday, where do you live, I'm in Balwyn.
James - yes they definitely wrap full around the edges. You need to pop the bonnet to see where the wrap ends for example.

Mine was done completely through Porsche Centre Brighton. Was $2300 inc. I know the deal through Shane which Chris got was $2,000 but you had to get the car out to Sunshine (I'm down in Aspendale).

I'm heading out with the Otium guys on Sunday for a run up to Macedon. We are meeting at the Lorbek Carpark in Port Melbourne at around 10am (cruise leaves around 10:45 but I'll be there from 10ish). It's a good spot to meet - it was where I was going to suggest we meet if we wanted to do a GT4 meet-up as well. Happy to show you the wrap job there on Sunday morning.

(Will be good general car **** as well. I think 80+ supercars are registered for the cruise).

Here's a pic from one earlier this year when I first got my car.

Old 06-10-2016, 01:41 AM
Snowman.
Instructor

Originally Posted by Bardman
I arranged through Evolve as I had a limited window in Melbourne and it would be expensive for me to stick around if the logistics didn't work themselves out. I haven't done the maths - is it economical to bring them in yourself?

I did opt for the 200cel sports headers. Originally was considering the 100cel option, but they are not roadworthy and it appears they don't last as long. Catless seems far too loud for daily driving - particularly around sleepy Hobart.

I am reasonably flexible in terms of catching up, but my car will be in the shop for at least Monday and Tuesday. I actually arrive overnight on the Ferry 24/25th, so could perhaps catch up on that weekend. When are others free?
Brad - Sat 25th or Sunday 26th works for me if others are keen. My wife and kids are away so I have an easy leave pass all weekend.
Old 06-10-2016, 03:15 AM
Leong72
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats Quack....., Won't be long now!!!

Brad - Sat 25th or Sunday 26th works for me if others are keen. My wife and kids are away so I have an easy leave pass all weekend.
Shame you guys are in Melbourne. I'm in Sydney that weekend, would love to crash your party!!! And learn about what mods are available in Oz. Might be more feasible to import from Oz then the States.

Quick Reply: Australian GT4s