Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

Australian GT4s

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2016 | 04:28 AM
IMOA
Instructor

Originally Posted by DR1VEN
Thanks NBTBRV8, that WWL database is really helpful. The ability to search up to 1000 cargo ID means anyone can dump all the GT4 ROW VINs (or indeed other models) into that search engine and we can see how many have come or are coming Down Under. Some interesting tit bits:

1. The lowest GT4 VIN delivered by the shipping line was to Femantle on 5 Jan 16 =first produced GT4 in Australia
2. The first GT4 delivery from the shipping line was another GT4 on 2 Dec 15 in Brisbane = first GT4 delivered in Australia.
3. 61 x GT4 have been delivered by the shipping line into Australian ports as of today.
4. Looks like another 60!!! examples have been loaded in the last couple of weeks.
5. For GT4, that makes 121 examples now landed or coming.
That means a lot more than 60 in Aus currently as there's quite a few of us who got them in 15. Mine arrived in October and I was a couple of months behind Bardman and ...... I've forgotten who it was in WA.
Old 06-19-2016 | 04:50 AM
James88
Three Wheelin'

. 61 x GT4 have been delivered by the shipping line into Australian ports as of today.
4. Looks like another 60!!! examples have been loaded in the last couple of weeks.
5. For GT4, that makes 121 examples now landed or coming.
I'm real happy for those that scored one including myself but the GT4's are not as exclusive as they originally lead us to believe. I was told 70 Aussie ones in total and now its already around 121, a little crafty by Porsche if you ask me.
Old 06-19-2016 | 04:54 AM
NBTBRV8
Racer

The dual allocation buggered up the market for all concerned, they should have said that they "might" be getting a second allocation through, rather than flatly saying they were all sold out with no hope. Now there are going to be some cars unsold at the end of this, when people like myself couldn't get one in the lull and bought something else.
Old 06-19-2016 | 04:57 AM
James88
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by NBTBRV8
The dual allocation buggered up the market for all concerned, they should have said that they "might" be getting a second allocation through, rather than flatly saying they were all sold out with no hope. Now there are going to be some cars unsold at the end of this, when people like myself couldn't get one in the lull and bought something else.
Totally agree with this, they really hyped the whole exclusivity thing up.
Old 06-19-2016 | 04:57 AM
76Vintage
Track Day

Originally Posted by IMOA
That means a lot more than 60 in Aus currently as there's quite a few of us who got them in 15. Mine arrived in October and I was a couple of months behind Bardman and ...... I've forgotten who it was in WA.
Based on what I'd read and was told by various dealers in VIC the first and fully sold AUS allocation was 70 x GT4's. Incidentally when I was in NZ Continental cars had deposits for a further 11 cars with no allocations confirmed and that was Feb'16. In March'16 I got the impression (and a phone call from my dealer) that production had been bumped up significantly to cover some of the short fall which PCA mentioned was at the 140 car mark - so I'd anticipate somewhere in the middle at the least as it still seems some will miss out.
Old 06-19-2016 | 06:21 AM
IMOA
Instructor

It appears that there's 121 in 2016 so add to that the 20-30 in 2015 and that brings us to 140-150. Iirc the Cayman R for Aus was about 30? I'd be interested to see if the GT4 outsold the S in Aus, it can't be too far off.
Old 06-19-2016 | 08:14 AM
DR1VEN
Rennlist Member

From the WWL database, there appear to be 19 x 2015 GT4 around Jim Richard's Targa Tasmania GT4 VIN (inclusive of Jim's). I've blanked out the last three digits of the VIN in case folks have privacy concerns.

First delivered off the ship was to Melbourne- officially #1?
Old 06-19-2016 | 09:16 AM
Bardman
Three Wheelin'

From the WWL database, there appear to be 19 x 2015 GT4 around Jim Richard's Targa Tasmania GT4 VIN (inclusive of Jim's). I've blanked out the last three digits of the VIN in case folks have privacy concerns.

First delivered off the ship was to Melbourne- officially #1?
My last 3 digits are 583, where does that put me on the list?
Old 06-19-2016 | 11:01 PM
Charliekay
Racer

Originally Posted by 76Vintage
Based on what I'd read and was told by various dealers in VIC the first and fully sold AUS allocation was 70 x GT4's. Incidentally when I was in NZ Continental cars had deposits for a further 11 cars with no allocations confirmed and that was Feb'16. In March'16 I got the impression (and a phone call from my dealer) that production had been bumped up significantly to cover some of the short fall which PCA mentioned was at the 140 car mark - so I'd anticipate somewhere in the middle at the least as it still seems some will miss out.
When I placed my order in late 2015 my dealer said he had 6 others infront of me and the chances were slim to none. They were getting 1 allocation every couple of months. After bugging my dealer for weeks in March to get a definite answer I ended up placing my order for the C63s Coupe which I was also in line for. 3 days after I confirmed my C63s Coupe order I got a call from my dealer advising that I got a GT4 allocation. I don't think anyone had any idea that they were getting such a large 2nd batch.

Same as the GT3RS I guess, apparently they are still making them with allocations still coming through and builds going through to the end of the year.
Old 06-19-2016 | 11:33 PM
76Vintage
Track Day

Originally Posted by Charliekay
When I placed my order in late 2015 my dealer said he had 6 others infront of me and the chances were slim to none. They were getting 1 allocation every couple of months. After bugging my dealer for weeks in March to get a definite answer I ended up placing my order for the C63s Coupe which I was also in line for. 3 days after I confirmed my C63s Coupe order I got a call from my dealer advising that I got a GT4 allocation. I don't think anyone had any idea that they were getting such a large 2nd batch.

Same as the GT3RS I guess, apparently they are still making them with allocations still coming through and builds going through to the end of the year.
Yeah, sounds similar. I also had the option of taking on a GT3 RS for May'16 delivery which a customer had hopped out of in favour of the 911R. Didn't make WAF on $$$...! I tried...

Can't take anything away on GT4 it's undeniably a great car even at the 150+ onshore example mark and it didn't put me off knowing there was a second batch being baked and who knows what the 718 GT4 will offer. I do feel for those that did make alternative plans on the information Porsche initially provided. I sold my F80 M3 and bought a Mazda 2 until I had a solid yes or no or identified the better alternative within range.

The extended thinking is that if I'd missed on GT4 I can safely say I'm not a used car buyer and wouldn't have been interested in a hiked up price on an 800km example or car that's done several thousand kms and had a life -for me the car needs to be an x rated virgin fresh out of the box! But each to their own.

The resale I assume like everything else it'll drop like a bomb and factored that into my decision making accordingly. Guess we'll all be in that boat together and for those that play the long term strategy it might pickup.
Old 06-19-2016 | 11:49 PM
Bardman
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by 76Vintage
The resale I assume like everything else it'll drop like a bomb and factored that into my decision making accordingly.
Given the tax we pay on cars I think this is a pretty safe assumption.
Old 06-20-2016 | 01:12 AM
Snowman.
Instructor

So a mate of mine went in to PCM on Saturday and placed an order for one for Oct delivery. He went to looks at the Agate Grey / PCCB one that is for sale on carsales, and ended up ordering a new one instead.

Interestingly the agate one that PCM are selling as an ex-demo is being sold below the initial delivery price.
Old 06-20-2016 | 01:14 AM
NBTBRV8
Racer

Originally Posted by Snowman.
So a mate of mine went in to PCM on Saturday and placed an order for one for Oct delivery. He went to looks at the Agate Grey / PCCB one that is for sale on carsales, and ended up ordering a new one instead.

Interestingly the agate one that PCM are selling as an ex-demo is being sold below the initial delivery price.
No it wasn't ex demo, it was owned by a guy and was originally posted for sale on another website. Plus it was removed from sale this morning.
Old 06-20-2016 | 01:16 AM
DR1VEN
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bardman
My last 3 digits are 583, where does that put me on the list?
Going by VIN sequence for the first batch *583 is Australian GT4 #7

FWIW, it arrived third in a group of 4 x GT4- same boat as Jim Richard's targa Tassie GT4.

So for Aussie GT4's

First 2015 batch: 19
Landed from second batch from end of 2015: 61
Enroute from the second batch: 60

Total landed or en route as of 17/6: 140

Certainly sounds like a lot- maybe that's why Aussie flippers are dropping their prices- the guy who initially listed his GT4 on at $320k- priceless! Certainly looks like anyone who wanted one got an allocation.

A similar search reveals 67 GT3RS landed or shipping but also still counting. The last RS was just loaded in BREMERHAVEN on 17/6...
Old 06-20-2016 | 01:24 AM
Snowman.
Instructor

^^ My mate that ordered the GT4 on Saturday was trying to get an RS alloaction but couldn't get one.

He's put a deposit down on the 991.2 RS and is getting the GT4 in between. Anyways - he was told the one there was ex-demo. Either way it was very low kms. Main reason he ended up ordering a new one was he didn't want the PCCB's. Interesting that it is now off the market - must have been a busy afternoon as he was test driving it at 2pm on Saturday!

Quick Reply: Australian GT4s