Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

Australian GT4s

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2016, 08:47 AM
James88
Three Wheelin'

Received 158 Likes on 99 Posts

OK guys my cancelled white GT4 will now be available at PCM at RRP in around one months time when it arrives off the boat. This was mine which I cancelled to purchase the Agate one, the timing wasn't right for my friend to purchase as originally discussed. I have zero vested interest in this as my deposit was transferred to the other car.
Old 06-21-2016, 05:23 PM
NBTBRV8
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by James88
OK guys my cancelled white GT4 will now be available at PCM at RRP in around one months time when it arrives off the boat. This was mine which I cancelled to purchase the Agate one, the timing wasn't right for my friend to purchase as originally discussed. I have zero vested interest in this as my deposit was transferred to the other car.
So you lost your deposit?, as a matter of interest what ballpark amount was it? When I tried to move from my GTS to GT4 I was going to lose my deposit plus $30k +, so you might have gotten out of it lightly.
Old 06-21-2016, 06:35 PM
DR1VEN
Rennlist Member

Received 42 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by NBTBRV8
Great work DR1VEN.
thanks... it was your link to WWL that you posted that makes it possible

Originally Posted by Bardman
This would be great. Are you aware of a VIN decoder that works for Australian VINs? The one that gmaki uses only works for NA VINs (I tried it on mine to test).
See https://www.stuttcars.com/technical/vin-decoder/ to decode ROW (rest of world) Porsche VINs- the section for models after 1981.

A lot of the VIN stays the same for each model. The model (981/991) is digit 7,8,12. The factory is digit 11.

What changes is the model year- digit 11 and then the unique serial number in digits 14-17 (inclusive). These last digits are grouped for each model like GT4 or GT3RS etc.

After verifying a VIN, searching the surrounding numbers on the shipping database gives us the total numbers imported to Australia. The trick is to find all sequences- it looks like MY16 Spyder has 1 (like NA Spyder VINs) but MY16 GT4 looks like 2 (again, same as NA database) and MY16 GT3RS looks like 2. GT3 is more difficult as it has MY14 and MY15 and I don't know how many sequences in each. The more verified VINs, the more certain we are that all sequences have been found so it helps if folks can share any unidentified ROW VINs if we do this.
Old 06-21-2016, 06:51 PM
DR1VEN
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by James88
Great result transferring your deposit! Any chance u can share the spec of the white car for rennlisters before it arrives?

So you lost your deposit?, as a matter of interest what ballpark amount was it? When I tried to move from my GTS to GT4 I was going to lose my deposit plus $30k +, so you might have gotten out of it lightly.
Tempted to walk on your GTS deposit at PCB and buy PCM's white GT4 that was for James88???
Old 06-21-2016, 06:54 PM
DR1VEN
Rennlist Member

^^^ scratch that, I see you have taken delivery of your GTS. Sorry, confused with another Rennlister!
Old 06-21-2016, 07:47 PM
NBTBRV8
Racer

Originally Posted by DR1VEN
^^^ scratch that, I see you have taken delivery of your GTS. Sorry, confused with another Rennlister!
I take delivery tomorrow, but I am not Vic based anyway.
Old 06-21-2016, 07:58 PM
Bardman
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

If you read what he wrote, he was able to transfer his deposit to the other car - no deposit lost. I still have no comprehension on how you were not able to do the same, let alone lose an extra 30k.
Old 06-21-2016, 08:19 PM
NBTBRV8
Racer

Originally Posted by Bardman
If you read what he wrote, he was able to transfer his deposit to the other car - no deposit lost. I still have no comprehension on how you were not able to do the same, let alone lose an extra 30k.
Because our local dealer didn't want to stock the car, but wholesale it on. In a market like Melbourne they will be able to sell the GT4 without too much issue.
Old 06-21-2016, 09:39 PM
Bardman
Three Wheelin'

Because our local dealer didn't want to stock the car, but wholesale it on. In a market like Melbourne they will be able to sell the GT4 without too much issue.
Ok, got it now. From memory you had a very special spec which I guess would take time to sell and no doubt would sell at a discount. Still think they could have helped you out more to get into a gt4. It's not like you were going to the competition. In any case the gts got rave reviews also so you still end up with a special car.
Old 06-21-2016, 09:57 PM
DR1VEN
Rennlist Member

^^^^ Yep, I'm guessing the retail price of NBTBRV8's GTS with PCCB, optioned wheels and lights is pretty close if not in GT4 territory so the dealer's reluctance to take it into stock is pretty understandable- especially if the factory is still taking GT4 orders.

But those options do make that GTS extra special. From Chris Harris' conclusion on the new 718S Boxster:

"Despite the extra speed, I’d prefer a nearly new six-cylinder car from last year, but here’s the bit that will really stick in the craw of the opposition: even though Porsche has made the new Boxster less desirable than the old Boxster, it is still by far the best car of its type."

So a NEW six-cylinder 981 just the way you want it would be even better. Congrats NBTBRV8 and enjoy. Post some pics!
Old 06-21-2016, 11:03 PM
O5C4R
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

just got news my car has been built - now the 2 month delivery time - this will be the longest I have ever waited for a car: 10 months - so long my eyes have started to stray to other cars, only the GT4 picture thread has kept me faithful
Old 06-21-2016, 11:05 PM
Hazey82
3rd Gear

Hi All

If anyone is looking for a GT4, I have one available. It is one of the last allocations (June build) and due for August Delivery. It is in NSW and you will be the first registered owner as the contract will be signed over to you. I'm an enthusiast and this was going to be my first Porsche (dream car basically) but the timing just isn't right for me and I've finally decided to let it go and hope that one day in the future I can pick one up.

Details are:
- White with Platinuim wheels (GT colour, perfect contrast combo of paint, wheels, tyre and red brakes)
- Sport Bucket Seats (not 918) See pic below
- Sport Chrono Package
- Steering/Gear in Leather
- Seat belts guards red
- Smoking Package (cleaner console)
- Passenger footwell storage net
- Floor Mats
- Fuel Tank 64 Litre
- Tints

If interested send me a PM and we can chat offline
Thanks
Old 06-21-2016, 11:49 PM
James88
Three Wheelin'

Received 158 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by DR1VEN
Great result transferring your deposit! Any chance u can share the spec of the white car for rennlisters before it arrives?
Tempted to walk on your GTS deposit at PCB and buy PCM's white GT4 that was for James88???
No additional extras, pretty much stock.

No I did not lose my deposit, used it to secure the agate grey one, so no financial disadvantage at all plus the reduced cost and bonus free wrap and glass tint.

They said they will not have any issues selling white one as there are no extra options, so its the starting retail price. Cheapest one available and its brand new.
Old 06-21-2016, 11:52 PM
Bardman
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by No Heel No Toe
just got news my car has been built - now the 2 month delivery time - this will be the longest I have ever waited for a car: 10 months - so long my eyes have started to stray to other cars, only the GT4 picture thread has kept me faithful
Nice one. Out of curiosity, where have you strayed to? If you want a NA manual or even just a manual, there really aren't many options. My first non manual car was my last car - a C63 507 edition - I just wasn't satisfied with pulling paddles (I even half heartedly looked into converting that car into a manual). I will stick with a manual car as long as I am able to.
Old 06-22-2016, 12:08 AM
Snowman.
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 4 Posts

I agree Brad. I had the same issue with the R35 GT-R's.

It's also why if they do decide to build the 991.2 GT3 with an optional 6MT it will give me a great dilemma. I love my GT4 and the gearbox option was the key to me buying it - but it'd be even more killer with an extra 100HP.

Quick Reply: Australian GT4s