Sponsored by: APR

GT4 RS

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2015, 08:53 AM
July1
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GTgears
Might be cheaper to buy a PDK GTS and put a 3.8 in it. A PDK swap takes a whole lot more than just buying a gearbox at the dealer and installing it.
I had more in mind to get a scraped GTS as donor to get all the stuff I need..
The GT4 has the GT3 drivetrain an chassis enhancement that I like to keep and that would much more complicated to get.. :/
Old 07-30-2015, 08:57 AM
July1
Track Day

Originally Posted by Petevb
I'd suggest just getting a 991 GT3 if PDK your thing. At the end of the day when you total up either adding a PDK or 3.8 your cost of ownership, mods and depreciation included, will be significantly higher than a GT3, and the car will be significantly slower.
Yep I considered this too but once you have seen the GT3RS it's impossible to buy a GT3... And RS sadly are fare beyond my budget
Old 07-30-2015, 10:42 AM
GTgears
Nordschleife Master

Received 119 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by July1
I had more in mind to get a scraped GTS as donor to get all the stuff I need..
The GT4 has the GT3 drivetrain an chassis enhancement that I like to keep and that would much more complicated to get.. :/
The GT4 doesn't have the GT3 drivetrain...
Old 07-30-2015, 10:51 AM
July1
Track Day

Originally Posted by GTgears
The GT4 doesn't have the GT3 drivetrain...
Well the front is identical (with setting adjustments of course) and the rear is indeed bespoke because of engine configuration but very inspirated by the GT3... At least as fares I know the car.

Unless I misuse the word... Running gear maybe?
(Sorry I'm French!)
Old 07-30-2015, 11:22 AM
GTgears
Nordschleife Master

Received 119 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by July1
Well the front is identical (with setting adjustments of course) and the rear is indeed bespoke because of engine configuration but very inspirated by the GT3... At least as fares I know the car.

Unless I misuse the word... Running gear maybe?
(Sorry I'm French!)
Yes, I think it may be a language misunderstanding. Drive train is engine and gearbox.
Old 07-30-2015, 11:46 AM
katmeho
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by FrstPorsche
U.S. Americans don't give a crap what are time is on the track because like 99% of the people on the track nobody is doing this for money. We are all spending lots of money to go out and have fun. Euro's go to the pub, get drunk, and then brag to others how good their time was around the track that day when no one gives a ****.
You know Germany is in Europe right? You know Porsche is German right? Sounds like that middle 'merica edumicatshon you got goin could use some buffin out, like Daddy's caddy's hood!
Old 07-30-2015, 01:20 PM
FrstPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by katmeho
You know Germany is in Europe right? You know Porsche is German right? Sounds like that middle 'merica edumicatshon you got goin could use some buffin out, like Daddy's caddy's hood!
No **** Sherlock. No, Porsche is located in Germany? No way say it ain't so. Nice Caddy reference there too. Some people just shouldn't post online and kaymeho you sound like one of them. Take a few minutes and read your posts before you hit the submit button. You will be better for it.
Old 07-30-2015, 01:51 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,364 Likes on 831 Posts

U.S. Americans don't give a crap what are time is on the track because like 99% of the people on the track nobody is doing this for money. We are all spending lots of money to go out and have fun. Euro's go to the pub, get drunk, and then brag to others how good their time was around the track that day when no one gives a ****.
And both of these points you raise are based on personal experience or are they heresay?

No **** Sherlock. No, Porsche is located in Germany? No way say it ain't so. Nice Caddy reference there too. Some people just shouldn't post online and kaymeho you sound like one of them. Take a few minutes and read your posts before you hit the submit button. You will be better for it.
I think that can also be apply to your generalization post above.

OK, enough of my rant. Can't we just get all get along and be accepting of others as well instead of turning this into a facebook like free for all.
Old 07-30-2015, 02:12 PM
FrstPorsche
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ExMB
And both of these points you raise are based on personal experience or are they heresay?

I think that can also be apply to your generalization post above.

OK, enough of my rant. Can't we just get all get along and be accepting of others as well instead of turning this into a facebook like free for all.
Agree. Times do matter somewhat or we would all be driving 30k cars on the track. But we all know they only matter for personal bragging rights because none of us are doing this for a livelihood and supporting our family taking the car to the track. I think the trade off of taking a pdk transmission over the greater involvement of a manual one just so you can feel better about yourself for shaving a second or two off you lap time is rather humorous. I understand some people don't want to shift on the track. Fine, just don't force everyone to have to accept that decision. I think the current 997 market is proving that point quite well.
Old 07-30-2015, 09:39 PM
katmeho
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You do realize that Im sitting in the pub, taking the **** out of you because you decided to be the Great American Hero and puff out your bald eagle chest, right?

But it's your right to troll, so keep on trollin
Old 07-30-2015, 10:07 PM
FrstPorsche
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by katmeho
You do realize that Im sitting in the pub, taking the **** out of you because you decided to be the Great American Hero and puff out your bald eagle chest, right?

But it's your right to troll, so keep on trollin
Post of the year right there. Not quite sure what "taking the **** out of you" means but thanks for admitting your in the pub like the rest of your drunk countrymen. I'd love to see what your life would be like without us bald eagle Americans lol. Let's get back to the gt4rs. Thanks Archimedes for getting us off track.
Old 07-30-2015, 11:15 PM
otisdog
Pro

Children?
Old 07-30-2015, 11:19 PM
MEM82
Burning Brakes

Received 269 Likes on 149 Posts

Any more rumors? Would you have any information macca?
Old 07-30-2015, 11:26 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 173 Posts

this is what happens when there is no new information lol
Old 08-01-2015, 11:38 PM
981GT4
Instructor

Put my name down in the list for a GT4RS at my preferred dealer; number 1 on the list. I am doubtful but optimistic. I might just get it before my GT4 at long my car has been stuck in the receiving port of Halifax. It has been more than a month with no expected time for delivery.

Quick Reply: GT4 RS