Notices

Thread for those who lost their car on the Felicity Ace ship fire

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2022, 04:06 PM
dmac
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 31 Posts

I reached out to my salesman regarding options with my car being on the bottom of the ocean floor. He was able to get my allocation and start the order process for my 992TTSCab. He said if I wanted to cancel my order, that would be fine and refund my deposit. Delivery date is August 2022.
The following users liked this post:
GinaC (03-22-2022)
Old 03-22-2022, 04:37 PM
ridestp
Intermediate

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by dmac
I reached out to my salesman regarding options with my car being on the bottom of the ocean floor. He was able to get my allocation and start the order process for my 992TTSCab. He said if I wanted to cancel my order, that would be fine and refund my deposit. Delivery date is August 2022.
They never reached out to you first?! And you just recently contacted them?
Old 03-22-2022, 09:43 PM
3-Pedals
Rennlist Member

Received 1,643 Likes on 913 Posts

I was also never contacted until I initiated the first contact.

To this date, I have not received a single email, letter, mail, a card from Porsche that simply says “we are sorry”. Still no updates from the dealer regarding Ukraine war delays, factory shutdowns, etc.

Isnt this the kind of customer service/middle man role that dealers are supposed to play? At the end of the day, they dont build the car, they dont employ engineers, they dont field test it. They have one purpose, customer service. My god, if they are incapable of handling a situation like this then what purpose do they serve?

Maybe we should really think about the Tesla model.
The following 2 users liked this post by 3-Pedals:
GinaC (03-22-2022), Noah Fect (03-25-2022)
Old 03-22-2022, 09:50 PM
GinaC
3rd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default No contact from Porsche

Originally Posted by 3-Pedals
I was also never contacted until I initiated the first contact.

To this date, I have not received a single email, letter, mail, a card from Porsche that simply says “we are sorry”. Still no updates from the dealer regarding Ukraine war delays, factory shutdowns, etc.

Isnt this the kind of customer service/middle man role that dealers are supposed to play? At the end of the day, they dont build the car, they dont employ engineers, they dont field test it. They have one purpose, customer service. My god, if they are incapable of handling a situation like this then what purpose do they serve?

Maybe we should really think about the Tesla model.
I had the same experience. I have initiated all contact with my dealership and have had to ask about the brakes that I can no longer get, timing, etc. From what I’ve heard there is nothing being done by Porsche USA at all. I can understand their view that it isn’t their fault the boat caught on fire, but just reaching out with ANY communication on their end would be the right customer service level for this kind of car.
EJR2 (03-22-2022)
Old 03-23-2022, 02:18 PM
3-Pedals
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GinaC
I had the same experience. I have initiated all contact with my dealership and have had to ask about the brakes that I can no longer get, timing, etc. From what I’ve heard there is nothing being done by Porsche USA at all. I can understand their view that it isn’t their fault the boat caught on fire, but just reaching out with ANY communication on their end would be the right customer service level for this kind of car.
First of all, it is partially Porsche’s fault what happened with the ship impacted the customers. It isnt their fault ship sank, but it is their fault that they havent taken action when this happened less than 3 years ago in the form of either changing carriers or putting pressure on the carrier to employ better techniques to handle such situations or other preventative measures. Next, similarly, the situation in Ukraine has happened outside of their control but warning signs were there months before. Having gone through the semiconductor shortage and impact of Covid, company should have learned a lesson or two and planned for backups. The Ukraine war isnt an asteroid that came out of nowhere with no notice.

Porsche, like all big corporations, have executives who pack years of experience and earn millions in bonuses and perks. Its their job to plan better. Its ridiculous that they dont learn their lesson due to having built extremely thin supply chain tolerance after Covid fiasco and repeat the same with wiring harnesses. Similarly, the ship sinking… Do you not see the problem here that same company is impacted by this twice in less than 3 years?

Perhaps we should remind ourselves how VW corruption scandal unfolded with diesel cars a few years ago. Porsche has excellent engineers and high quality/caliber workers in their production plants building cars, but their executives really fail miserably at their jobs time after time again.

As for the “customer service” the dealers here are supposed to demonstrate, what customer service? They provide no value other than coming up with various ways to take advantage of uninformed wealthy customers with markups and overly expensive service costs. I am actually not surprised at all.

The best and the only thing we can do is to learn from this and remember this for when the tables will be turned and dealers will be in a similar situation to where they were post 2008. Cycles repeat themselves. For each up there is down, and Karma is indeed a bitch.
GinaC (03-23-2022)
Old 03-23-2022, 07:57 PM
McLaren997
Racer

Received 98 Likes on 66 Posts

I suspect the reason Porsche USA or Porsche corporate is mum is because their lawyers told them to be.
Old 03-25-2022, 11:54 PM
Wolpertinger
Rennlist Member

Received 535 Likes on 266 Posts

Originally Posted by 3-Pedals
They have one purpose, customer service. My god, if they are incapable of handling a situation like this then what purpose do they serve?
There's the error. They do indeed have one purpose. To pry as much money out of our wallets and put it into the mother ship's. That's it. We are meat bags of money. Anything else is an illusion created to fulfill that one purpose.
Old 04-02-2022, 11:56 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Received 2,103 Likes on 1,324 Posts

More cars damaged at Sea!

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/1295...rm-at-sea.html

Old 04-03-2022, 08:59 AM
white6speed
Rennlist Member

Received 189 Likes on 109 Posts

More interesting news

On the dealer PSVMS system all dates on the replacement cars have been removed from V250 to V900. So at this point no info on the reordered cars. This hit all 8 my dealership lost in the fire.
Old 04-03-2022, 09:49 AM
3-Pedals
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by white6speed
More interesting news

On the dealer PSVMS system all dates on the replacement cars have been removed from V250 to V900. So at this point no info on the reordered cars. This hit all 8 my dealership lost in the fire.
What does that mean? What is V900?
Old 04-03-2022, 10:40 AM
white6speed
Rennlist Member

Received 189 Likes on 109 Posts
Default V900

V900 is the date the car is scheduled to arrive at the dealership.
Old 04-03-2022, 10:58 AM
Realness911
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello, I just joined Rennlist. Do you know why it won't let me create a new thread?
Old 04-03-2022, 11:47 AM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Received 2,103 Likes on 1,324 Posts

Originally Posted by Realness911
Hello, I just joined Rennlist. Do you know why it won't let me create a new thread?

Might be like some forums where you have to make at least 10 post in current threads before you can send a PM or create a thread.

Cuts down on Scams and Spam.
Old 04-03-2022, 11:49 AM
3-Pedals
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by white6speed
V900 is the date the car is scheduled to arrive at the dealership.
I understand that but what does it mean they were removed?
Old 04-03-2022, 12:14 PM
Realness911
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you!

Quick Reply: Thread for those who lost their car on the Felicity Ace ship fire