Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   General Porsche Discussions Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/general-porsche-discussions-forum-73/)
-   -   Thread for those who lost their car on the Felicity Ace ship fire (https://rennlist.com/forums/general-porsche-discussions-forum/1290163-thread-for-those-who-lost-their-car-on-the-felicity-ace-ship-fire.html)

ridestp 02-17-2022 10:38 PM

Thread for those who lost their car on the Felicity Ace ship fire

Starting this thread for those who have lost their car to the Felicity Ace ship fire to discuss how their dealer and/or Porsche corporate are handling the situation, what is being offered to buyers, new allocation dates, etc.

There are multiple other threads about the news of the disaster, but they are spread across all the car models and discuss the news. This thread is to focus on the solution offered to us.

I personally lost my first Porsche, a Boxster GTS. So far my SA called me and let me know I would be kept in the loop as more information is made available. No further details or promises at this time.

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...a78c615ca.jpeg

ridestp 02-17-2022 11:22 PM

Reserving for consolidation of user responses

NYCGT3 02-18-2022 07:23 AM

Thanks for this. I lost a GT3 Touring that I’ve been waiting on for 18 months….. now what? A bit disappointed with the lack of communication……

Cyrek 02-18-2022 08:00 AM

I lost a winged gt3. 🙁

inthesticks 02-18-2022 08:20 AM

Thanks for starting this thread. I lost my Targa 4S and still awaiting communication from Porsche on next steps.

3-Pedals 02-18-2022 09:13 AM

3rd day today and NO WORD from Porsche (either PAG or PCNA or dealer).

nobbyv 02-18-2022 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by 3-Pedals (Post 17981564)
3rd day today and NO WORD from Porsche (either PAG or PCNA or dealer).

The ship is literally still burning. It's going to take a minute to assess.

dmac 02-18-2022 09:55 AM

I have a 992TT Cab on the ship. It’s rather ironic that I also heard yesterday that my ANRKY wheels which I ordered 5 month ago for my TTS just shipped.

I texted my sales associate at Porsche Charleston and he called me back in 5 min. He told me everything they currently know and will keep me updated.

I know this sucks for everyone. There will come a time that we will look back in this and have a unique story to share with our new and old friends and car enthusiasts.

I’m glad no one was there injured in the fire and hopefully none of our vehicles suffered any damage.

milban 02-18-2022 10:05 AM

My GT3 Touring is at the BBQ. My dealer knows nothing.If they can’t tow to the Azores, and can’t put the fire out at sea, then it will be a long slow tow to either continent before they can board the Ace and assess the damage. We may not have a status on our cars for weeks.

white6speed 02-18-2022 10:11 AM

Taycan GTS

Was on the ship as I had tracked it daily. Will really be interesting as to information flow and ultimately time line for replacement. My dealer lost 9 cars and believes all cars will be replaced.

MiamiNYer 02-18-2022 10:27 AM

I lost a custom pts Panamera that I ordered in early July. Have called the dealership twice already and been told they will reach out when they have more info. They lost 14 cars I believe.

On one of the other threads, someone mentioned that their SA told them that Porsche expects this to be a total loss and will treat these as new builds and that you can make changes to the original configurations. That was only in one post, everyone else has been told to sit tight and wait.

Also, it seems that several people whose 992s have not been built yet are now seeing a month delay on TYD. They are speculating that this is to accommodate our replacements.

I hope we don’t have to wait a month or so to start the process again. I am sure that a lot sooner they can confirm that based on smoke damage alone, this is a total loss. Hopefully they trust their system enough to confirm which vehicles are on board so they can help us move on before actually identifying each car by VIN.

The one factor that may be delaying all production might be if Porsche wants to determine the cause of the fire before building any new cars.

MiamiNYer 02-18-2022 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by ridestp (Post 17981065)
Starting this thread for those who have lost their car to the Felicity Ace ship fire to discuss how their dealer and/or Porsche corporate are handling the situation, what is being offered to buyers, new allocation dates, etc.

There are multiple other threads about the news of the disaster, but they are spread across all the car models and discuss the news. This thread is to focus on the solution offered to us.

I personally lost my first Porsche, a Boxster GTS. So far my SA called me and let me know I would be kept in the loop as more information is made available. No further details or promises at this time.

thanks for setting this up. Not the way I hoped to meet my boat buddies but very helpful.

Sfgumshoe 02-18-2022 10:36 AM

Will this create a market for damaged but usable cars that were on the ship?

Originally Posted by ridestp (Post 17981065)

apparently there are thousands of cars on this ship, including Porsches and Bentleys.

It’s reasonable to assume that many of them will incur some damage, but will still be usable.

That could set up an interesting market for these brand new cars, possibly with salvage titles.

Bob Z. 02-18-2022 10:37 AM

Let's try to keep this thread for those that have actually lost a vehicle or have pertinent info - send condolences, etc. via Private Message, please.

BAreaTransplant 02-18-2022 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by NYCGT3 (Post 17981473)
Thanks for this. I lost a GT3 Touring that I’ve been waiting on for 18 months….. now what? A bit disappointed with the lack of communication……

I talked to the GM of my dealership, he does not know anything more than what we have read on the news.