Notices

Thread for those who lost their car on the Felicity Ace ship fire

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2022, 10:12 AM
3-Pedals
Rennlist Member

Received 1,643 Likes on 913 Posts

I just want to post my personal experience dealing with PCNA regarding this. Overall, PCNA is not responsive and this is very disappointing to see. I have had cases open in other manufacturers and even Chevy reps were more responsive than PCNA.

It has now been 3.5 weeks since I opened a case with PCNA and even though I was told to expect a response 2-3 business days after, no one called me back. I called 4 times in this period to check the status and was told “the rep assigned to this is busy, I am going to message her and she will call you EOD today” and obviously no calls came.

Porsche is great at marketing and engineering. They fail miserably in standing behind their customer and in overall customer service department. Its going to be more than a year when my car arrives, thats IF it does arrive without more delays and at this point I am getting a 1 year old car. MY2023 starts production when my MY2022 will arrive. How does this make sense? When I asked to move my car to MY2023, the response I got was “we can do that but you will be placed at the end of the line”. What a way to stand behind your customer.
The following users liked this post:
NYCGT3 (04-05-2022)
Old 04-05-2022, 11:42 AM
MiamiNYer
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Has anyone received a replacement vehicle or have one on a ship yet? Anyone actually being built?
Old 04-05-2022, 11:48 AM
ridestp
Intermediate

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by MiamiNYer
Has anyone received a replacement vehicle or have one on a ship yet? Anyone actually being built?
I am now showing 7/29 delivery. Is anyone earlier than that?
Old 04-05-2022, 12:29 PM
NYCGT3
Pro

Received 218 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by 3-Pedals
I just want to post my personal experience dealing with PCNA regarding this. Overall, PCNA is not responsive and this is very disappointing to see. I have had cases open in other manufacturers and even Chevy reps were more responsive than PCNA.

It has now been 3.5 weeks since I opened a case with PCNA and even though I was told to expect a response 2-3 business days after, no one called me back. I called 4 times in this period to check the status and was told “the rep assigned to this is busy, I am going to message her and she will call you EOD today” and obviously no calls came.

Porsche is great at marketing and engineering. They fail miserably in standing behind their customer and in overall customer service department. Its going to be more than a year when my car arrives, thats IF it does arrive without more delays and at this point I am getting a 1 year old car. MY2023 starts production when my MY2022 will arrive. How does this make sense? When I asked to move my car to MY2023, the response I got was “we can do that but you will be placed at the end of the line”. What a way to stand behind your customer.
join the club. God forbid you have an issue with your dealer…. They call the dealer, listen to just their side, and close the case…. Never bothering to call the customer to hear their side.. 18 months, 3 days and counting without a vehicle…
Old 04-05-2022, 12:51 PM
white6speed
Rennlist Member

Received 189 Likes on 109 Posts
Default Can you Imagine

As we know the dealerships live and breath on the customer service satisfaction survey after the car is delivered. The survey is based on many questions rating from 1 to 10 with 1 worst and 10 best. Now just imagine PCNA having that same survey for their customer service. Can you imagine what their score would be based on the attached comments/complaints. Updates and response is the #1 issue here.
How do we get into the negative survey numbers if there was even a survey of PCNA customer service solutions
Old 04-05-2022, 03:46 PM
jmania401
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

My scheduled delivery is 7/1, which is a 2 week delay from original 6/17.
The following 2 users liked this post by jmania401:
GinaC (04-05-2022), XLR82XS (04-06-2022)
Old 04-06-2022, 12:23 PM
XLR82XS
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 690 Likes on 452 Posts

Maybe we should really think about the Tesla model.
Not going to be any better. In my years with Tesla I found it IMPOSSIBLE to get someone on the phone, had to press hard with my own tech knowledge to get parts replaced, missing parts with new car and no response even after tons of e-mails.
My father's friend now has a Model X on order -- for almost a year! He complains it took him multiple attempts and jumping through hoops to get someone on the phone and even then did not receive any worthwhile info/update.

My Tesla after-sales support was terrible. (bought 2 new cars)
Old 04-06-2022, 04:09 PM
othertbone
Rennlist Member

Received 320 Likes on 209 Posts

This was so sad to hear, I would have been so disappointed. Hope everyone got another build slot in a reasonable amount of time.
Old 04-06-2022, 08:11 PM
3-Pedals
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by othertbone
This was so sad to hear, I would have been so disappointed. Hope everyone got another build slot in a reasonable amount of time.
Not a reasonable amount of time. My rebuild is now due to arrive end of August. 14 months after order. Absolutely 0 compensation, not even “We are sorry” from Porsche. In fact, I opened a case and it is being blatantly ignored for a month. 6 phone calls to PCNA and I am told, they will call me back. The dealership is doing their best to help accommodate me and they have been great to work with but there isnt much they can do.
The following 2 users liked this post by 3-Pedals:
GinaC (04-06-2022), NYCGT3 (04-07-2022)
Old 04-06-2022, 08:21 PM
BAreaTransplant
Advanced

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

Not a reasonable amount of time. My rebuild is now due to arrive end of August. 14 months after order. Absolutely 0 compensation, not even “We are sorry” from Porsche. In fact, I opened a case and it is being blatantly ignored for a month. 6 phone calls to PCNA and I am told, they will call me back. The dealership is doing their best to help accommodate me and they have been great to work with but there isnt much they can do.
What gets my goat is: are these guys so busy or understaffed that they can't return a phone call or are they not professional to deal with unpleasant situations? Lots of business have to communicate with their clients about delays, prod failures etc. At $100-200k a pop you would think they can do better
The following 2 users liked this post by BAreaTransplant:
GinaC (04-06-2022), NYCGT3 (04-07-2022)
Old 04-06-2022, 10:02 PM
3-Pedals
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BAreaTransplant
What gets my goat is: are these guys so busy or understaffed that they can't return a phone call or are they not professional to deal with unpleasant situations? Lots of business have to communicate with their clients about delays, prod failures etc. At $100-200k a pop you would think they can do better
Every rep I talked to is clearly working from home and not professional with the exception of the 5th person I spoke to who was very professional. Nothing wrong in working from home but a lot is wrong with how they conduct themselves. Clearly lack of discipline and organization. Lots of kitchen/kids/mailman noises in multiple phone calls. Lots of repeating what I repeated so many times. Lots of clearly lack of paying attention. I could go on and on. You work from home and your job is customer service, you need an office environment where it is quiet around, you can close your door, and you can focus on your job. This isnt that. Very long wait times. Very unnecessarily complex Q/A for no little benefit. They have no control over the situation.

I dealt with chevy customer support and I can tell you if I recorded all of these conversations and played them back, you would simply not be able to tell which company is which phone call. You’d expect much more from a brand like Porsche.

Last edited by 3-Pedals; 04-06-2022 at 10:04 PM.
Old 04-07-2022, 12:32 AM
othertbone
Rennlist Member

That's horrible to hear. I am surprised that you are having such a problem. What have you been asking for on all the calls, what would you like them to do? What is their response?
Old 04-07-2022, 04:53 PM
MiamiNYer
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

I heard that some kind of communication to all of us is imminent…

will believe it when I hear it.
Old 04-07-2022, 04:57 PM
3-Pedals
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MiamiNYer
I heard that some kind of communication to all of us is imminent…

will believe it when I hear it.
It's a bit embarrassing. 6 weeks and a communication will come out. lol
The following users liked this post:
NYCGT3 (04-07-2022)
Old 04-08-2022, 07:43 AM
othertbone
Rennlist Member

Ship manifest reveals some of the cars on board:

https://www.autoweek.com/news/indust...manifest-list/

Quick Reply: Thread for those who lost their car on the Felicity Ace ship fire