Notices

Thread for those who lost their car on the Felicity Ace ship fire

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2022, 01:13 PM
Fullyield
Drifting

Received 1,443 Likes on 911 Posts

Originally Posted by jmania401
From the research I've done recently, it seems the delays at port have improved since earlier this year - I know January-March was a very rough patch for delays due to covid and other things. Ships have been docked and loaded very efficiently based on what I've seen on the ship sites and have only remained in port for a day or so. That bodes well, but I still always remain cautiously optimistic.
I wish you were correct. You might want to read the SFL Confucius and SFL Composer threads which are the last two east coast vessels that loaded and left from Emden. The Siem Aristotle is currently loading and leaving Emden today. There is a substantial number of vehicles that actually arrived in Emden on April 20 (three weeks ago) or before that have not yet been loaded. Dates of delivery have been bumped by a week two- three times now. Next vessel in next week is Sunshine Ace. Cautiously optimistic is the right plan! Best wishes and hope your car arrives quickly especially after the ordeal.
Old 05-12-2022, 10:12 PM
MiamiNYer
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

So glad to see replacements finally being built! 1 down 1,099 to go…
Old 05-13-2022, 12:24 PM
nobbyv
Rennlist Member

Received 231 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by Fullyield
I wish you were correct. You might want to read the SFL Confucius and SFL Composer threads which are the last two east coast vessels that loaded and left from Emden. The Siem Aristotle is currently loading and leaving Emden today. There is a substantial number of vehicles that actually arrived in Emden on April 20 (three weeks ago) or before that have not yet been loaded. Dates of delivery have been bumped by a week two- three times now. Next vessel in next week is Sunshine Ace. Cautiously optimistic is the right plan! Best wishes and hope your car arrives quickly especially after the ordeal.
My GT4 sat in Emden for almost a month before it was loaded on the SFL Composer (and subsequently destroyed).
Old 05-18-2022, 04:29 PM
nobbyv
Rennlist Member

My wife's replacement Macan successfully landed at the port in Davisville, RI without catching on fire, sinking into the depths of the ocean, or coming unhooked from it's moorings and smashing into other cars. If the transporter can somehow navigate the 125 miles to my dealer here in NH, one half of this ordeal may finally be over.
The following 3 users liked this post by nobbyv:
MiamiNYer (05-18-2022), ridestp (05-18-2022), TripleL (05-19-2022)
Old 05-18-2022, 04:33 PM
ridestp
Intermediate

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by ridestp
Any updates from anyone?

For me, my BGTS has reached freeze point with delivery estimate now pushed back to Aug 5.
And now I’m pushed back to Aug 26th 🤬

I asked if this might result in receiving FY23 and the dealer said definitely not. Then today on Facebook I saw someone say they were getting a CGTS 4.0 FY23 delivered in August, and I wonder if they were mistaken or not. Dealer also said I am now V215, locked in build spec.
Old 05-18-2022, 04:52 PM
othertbone
Rennlist Member

Received 320 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by nobbyv
My wife's replacement Macan successfully landed at the port in Davisville, RI without catching on fire, sinking into the depths of the ocean, or coming unhooked from it's moorings and smashing into other cars. If the transporter can somehow navigate the 125 miles to my dealer here in NH, one half of this ordeal may finally be over.

Almost home!
Old 05-18-2022, 04:52 PM
milrad
PS Armorer
Rennlist Member

Received 100 Likes on 57 Posts

Wow, nice! My replacement TTS is still 2.5 months away. We can’t all be at “the front of the line” at the same time lol.

Porsche of Nashua is one of my favorite dealers ever. They always treated us really well when we lived up there.

Congrats!

Old 05-25-2022, 04:00 PM
nobbyv
Rennlist Member

Finally made it home safe and sound:

I am jealous my wife has her Macan and I don't have my GT4, despite ordering it a week earlier, but at least I have something I can drive (sometimes) besides my boring old truck.
The following users liked this post:
ridestp (05-25-2022)
Old 05-25-2022, 05:35 PM
ridestp
Intermediate

I am jealous my wife has her Macan and I don't have my GT4, despite ordering it a week earlier, but at least I have something I can drive (sometimes) besides my boring old truck.
Happy for you to have received car one of two! If you care to share, did your dealer or Porsche Corporate do anything for you to compensate for the troubles?
Old 05-27-2022, 02:23 PM
nobbyv
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ridestp
Happy for you to have received car one of two! If you care to share, did your dealer or Porsche Corporate do anything for you to compensate for the troubles?
Nope, nothing. Well, dealer gave us a gift bag with two glasses, some Post-It notes and a Porsche notepad.
Old 05-29-2022, 07:09 PM
MiamiNYer
Instructor

So happy for you (your wife!) Congrats!!! Hey, you got a cup. Can’t complain anymore
Old 06-14-2022, 01:45 PM
GeorgeM3768
Track Day

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Is anyone with a replacement 911 from the Felicity Ace seeing any movement on TYD? My last update for my C2S was on 5/21 and the last completed step was 'Scheduled for Production'. The next step of 'Started Production' has an estimated start date of 6/3 which has long since past. From my history my SA can not see anymore than I do from TYD so I have not bothered to call him. Just curious about what others are seeing as my build is not that out of the ordinary and the first time it was built late last year did not have any significant delays in TYD.

Thanks,
George
Old 06-14-2022, 02:00 PM
MiamiNYer
Instructor

Originally Posted by GeorgeM3768
Is anyone with a replacement 911 from the Felicity Ace seeing any movement on TYD? My last update for my C2S was on 5/21 and the last completed step was 'Scheduled for Production'. The next step of 'Started Production' has an estimated start date of 6/3 which has long since past. From my history my SA can not see anymore than I do from TYD so I have not bothered to call him. Just curious about what others are seeing as my build is not that out of the ordinary and the first time it was built late last year did not have any significant delays in TYD.

Thanks,
George
Actually just heard today about mine. October build, late November delivery. PTS but still… I had an October allocation last year. Honestly very disappointed in how Porsche handled this both at the dealerships and the mothership level. This wasn’t purely an act of God, there were precautions that weren’t had and the fact that they couldn’t get a crew out fast enough is due to bad disaster planning.
The following users liked this post:
SeaCliff_Porsche (02-13-2023)
Old 06-14-2022, 02:23 PM
milrad
PS Armorer
Rennlist Member

Received 100 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by GeorgeM3768

Thanks,
George
I have the exact same problem. No updates in about two weeks or so. May car is supposed to be on the ship now, as it arrived at the port on 6/2. My SA has no other update either as of yesterday.
Old 07-02-2022, 02:37 PM
ridestp
Intermediate

Finally reached scheduled for production status, then I received an email stating that I would not be getting the electric steering column adjustment. Pretty bummed to see a downgrade from what I would have received in March.

They are offering $500 in credit to the car or service, but it should be noted this compensation has nothing to do with the Felicity Ace delays.

Quick Reply: Thread for those who lost their car on the Felicity Ace ship fire