Notices
E/SIM Racing For discussion and info on iRacing, SIMs etc.

Rennlist iRacing thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2012, 02:28 PM
GuyIncognito
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by abqautoxer
Thanks.

Rennlist Practice @ Okayama
password: Rennlist
Open tonight from 7:30-10:30pm EDT

Spread the word
I'm in if I'm not busy shooting a rap video.

seriously.
Old 07-30-2012, 02:36 PM
abqautoxer
Burning Brakes

Received 65 Likes on 46 Posts

I hope you can make it MC Chas.
Old 07-30-2012, 02:38 PM
GuyIncognito
Rennlist Member

I hope you can make it MC Chas.
LOL! helping a friend on the special effects side. but we still don't have confirmation that it's happening...and it's supposed to happen in six hours.
Old 07-30-2012, 02:43 PM
abqautoxer
Burning Brakes

My understanding is rap videos, much like vampiring, can only happen at night. Not kidding, a buddy of mine does music video production primarily for rap videos and seems like he works 9pm-6am doing that stuff.
Old 07-30-2012, 02:45 PM
GuyIncognito
Rennlist Member

My understanding is rap videos, much like vampiring, can only happen at night. Not kidding, a buddy of mine does music video production primarily for rap videos and seems like he works 9pm-6am doing that stuff.
pretty much, this one is scheduled to start at 6pm, my friend is getting there at 4, it's in Valencia so I need to leave here around 3. I suspect if it happens we'll be there until midnight or later.
Old 07-30-2012, 10:28 PM
masterianvii
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GuyIncognito
holy cow! 70 people? how will that work, will they be separated into splits like official races?

have you given any more thought into doing some form of setup tutorial?
It's up to 90 and counting. Frankly I'm a bit scared, but thinking of running a test session tonight to see how it will work out. I finally went out and bought a gaming headset (G35). Typing won't do!

I'm going to divide the session into two 2hr sessions, with each one fitting some number of pit stalls. The skidpad fits 30 something. Chances are that a percentage of the people will attend as not everyone can make the times, so it should be manageable. If there is demand for more than I can handle then I will actively seek help of others willing to instruct and host more frequent smaller sessions.

I will definitely need help with the lead/follow.

For the setups, I will probably compile some resources/reading material. The sessions will mostly revolve around how to listen to the car and determine what changes need to be made and what effects they have on the car.

...btw, would you be willing to sponsor a session or two? A little SeatTime marketing?
Old 07-31-2012, 04:58 AM
GuyIncognito
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by masterianvii
...btw, would you be willing to sponsor a session or two? A little SeatTime marketing?
maybe, shoot me a PM either through here or iracing forums (or send me an email, I think you have that)

holy hell, was that ridiculous. I got there at 5pm. we basically did nothing until 10pm, when the catering guys arrived for dinner, then everyone ate for an hour. I said the hell with this and went home
Old 07-31-2012, 09:03 AM
dodint
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the links. I'm in. Just gotta buy/download Brands.

EDIT: I think my license is only a D though my SR is almost 5. Can I still run the league with that? I couldn't find a clearly on the site.
I have to pick up Brands and Philip Island because of the tweak to the schedule. I swear its like they know.

D with a 4.00 is welcome in Star Mazda, so if you stay clean and above 4.00 you're set. I got promoted from C to B mid-season running exclusively Star Mazda, its not hard to keep your nose clean overall. You'll probably pick up C after your 4th race anyway.
Old 07-31-2012, 09:18 AM
dodint
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Last edited by dodint; 07-31-2012 at 09:19 AM. Reason: Mistake
Old 07-31-2012, 10:31 AM
abqautoxer
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by dodint
I have to pick up Brands and Philip Island because of the tweak to the schedule. I swear its like they know.

D with a 4.00 is welcome in Star Mazda, so if you stay clean and above 4.00 you're set. I got promoted from C to B mid-season running exclusively Star Mazda, its not hard to keep your nose clean overall. You'll probably pick up C after your 4th race anyway.
I cannot even select it so I think I cannot run with a D even though like you said I thought I could run one license up with a good SR. I'll check again tonight.
Old 07-31-2012, 10:53 AM
Indy Rev
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Anyone have a link to last nights session or know where I can find it. I had to drop out early and was wondering how far off the pace I was by the end.
Old 07-31-2012, 10:56 AM
abqautoxer
Burning Brakes

It's down for another hour for promotion maintenance I believe.

I think I got down to a 1:26.6xx.
Old 07-31-2012, 11:55 AM
Indy Rev
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cool. I hit 1:28.1 when I got called away, so Ive got a bit of work to do.
Old 07-31-2012, 01:54 PM
abqautoxer
Burning Brakes

Yeah most were in the 1:27-1:28 range so you aren't far off at all for a short practice. Also I used the setup for last week and that seemed to work well but I think I changed the gear set to something just a bit shorter (can't recall the name).
Old 07-31-2012, 07:51 PM
masterianvii
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Driving academy tonight at 7pm and 9pm EST if you guys want to attend. Just go to Leagues -> Driving Academy

Quick Reply: Rennlist iRacing thread