Sponsored By:

OFFICIAL Cayenne Hybrid Delay Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2019, 04:16 PM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 623 Likes on 381 Posts

Originally Posted by PeterS
My SA just emailed me and said it's on the way. Just gotta decide it I want PPF or not. Anyone else going that route?
PPF always better done 3rd party than at the dealer, IMO.
Old 08-28-2019, 04:47 PM
User 4621
Race Director

Received 614 Likes on 326 Posts

Originally Posted by Mech33
PPF always better done 3rd party than at the dealer, IMO.
PPF isn't done by my dealer but by whichever shop they work with. They'll take a cut but I get one throat to choke. I'll make sure they disclose the shop so that I can research. Up here in the boonies there aren't many options.
Old 08-28-2019, 08:55 PM
MarkToff
Rennlist Member

Received 39 Likes on 15 Posts

Well, the dam is bursting. I picked mine up an hour ago. I went with the standard wheels because they are reminiscent of the '75 911 I had.

Mark
Old 08-29-2019, 12:41 AM
jsclarke
Instructor

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

I got mine in So California YESTERDAY (Tuesday). First impressions...
1. it's as quiet as a tomb
2. AC in 90 deg LA hot sun has been FINE not loud really pleasant. Super cold without high air velocity, when just left on Auto
3. brakes are taking getting used to... they feel different in different conditions unlike normal brakes that feel pretty constant at a specific pedal distance
4. get used to driving down the freeway and noticing the OIL PRESSURE reads 0 psi ! Almost had a heart attack. Oh the electric motor is running
5. bose is great- although- sound quality of their Sirius / XM receiver isn't as good as my Mercedes so that sounds just ok. FM is better. Carplay sounds good.
6. today on freeway driving electric power drove 25.8 miles. The gauge always shows 21 miles on a full charge
7. noise / heat insulated glass doesn't affect signal to mobile phone (T-mobile)
8. didn't come stock with a cell phone mat in the center arm rest
9. the new mobile charger doesn't fit well in the porsche dock- the charger is not thinner.
10. quick with a great ride, even without air suspension. Solid you feel bumps- but very smooth.
The following users liked this post:
T3X4S (08-29-2019)
Old 08-29-2019, 01:16 AM
mb280sl
AutoX

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Mine arrived in Scottsdale, AZ late yesterday. Scheduled for delivery on Sunday.
Old 08-29-2019, 01:23 AM
BRJACKET
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by PeterS
My SA just emailed me and said it's on the way. Just gotta decide it I want PPF or not. Anyone else going that route?
What is PPF?
Old 08-29-2019, 05:44 PM
Ray831
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 42 Posts

Paint Protection Flim
Old 08-29-2019, 05:55 PM
mb280sl
AutoX

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I just ordered the PPF for the front- 24" high. I think this is a good move. We get a lot of road debris and pebbles here in the SW, so I will welcome the additional protection; cheaper than a repaint. Delivery on Sunday at about noon and then a 2-hr drive to Tucson for a family party; should be a good way to see if everything works. I will then have a 4-hr. drive on Monday morning to get home; about 350 miles total. Can't wait! Does anyone know about engine break-in instructions or is it typical Porsche?
Old 08-29-2019, 07:05 PM
halfduplex
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine arrived at my Grand Rapids, MI dealer yesterday after sitting at the Davisville, RI port for 5 months. Picking it up tomorrow morning. Feels like Christmas Eve!
Old 08-29-2019, 07:14 PM
trucker
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ray831
Paint Protection Flim
I created a thread about another protection offered to me by the dealer, maybe you guys help me:

"I went to the dealer today to see my new E-Hybrid that arrived from the port and the dealer offered me Perma Plate protection (the General Manager offered me). I was quoted $699 for a 5 year protection.
Does anybody have any experience with it?
It sounded interesting because the dealer said that if there are any stains or damages to the interior like the leather it would be either fixed or replaced. Do they spray something on the leather to coat it?
Some reviews complained that they do a sealant coat on the paint but that wasn't as good as a standard process of clay/cut/polish/seal/ceramic coating. Some people even mentioned that the paint looked dull.
I checked BBB and found a lot of complaints for not honoring the warranty.
Any advise?"
Old 08-30-2019, 02:31 PM
NPA201
6th Gear

Took a very short test drive of an e-hybrid today (in total it was about 5-6 miles split about evenly between local driving and highway). For basis of comparison, I currently drive a Mercedes Benz C-43 (and 75% of the time drive in sport + mode), I also drive a 2013 BMW base engine X5, and I have test driven the base cayenne (not for me as I’m looking for more power), and the S (really like this one).
  • When we started the test, we had about 8 miles of e-range. I probably drove about 2 miles on local driving driving in e-range. WE did one launch control. And then I toggled the between hybrid auto and S+. By the end of the test drive we had 4 miles of e-range left.
  • E-range is quite interesting w/ no engine noise. If you’re a normal person at a light and you don’t gun it, it probably feels fine for you. I suspect I have a lead foot and found this mode sluggish from a stop.
  • Hybrid Auto - Again from a light, it depends how much you’re flooring it but it did transition in my test drive to turn the ICE Engine on. That transition was noticeable but fine. It’s been about a year since I’ve test driven the base engine but I to me in hybrid auto it felt more like the base engine (which it is) than the S.
  • Sport and Sport + mode felt much closer to the S. No problems accelerating in my view.
  • Brakes - is it grabbier? I guess so relative to my x5 but didn’t feel that different than my C43 (to be fair, my family probably finds the brakes on that engine more aggressive).
  • Weight? Again, hard for me to judge based on the ride. I suspect only if you drive them back to back would you be able to tell the difference between the S and the Hybrid.
Overall, my conclusions are mixed to slightly positive for my needs. I would probably exclusively drive it in sport mode and so this SUV would probably meet my needs. I love the idea of getting near S performance at a cheaper price (+ federal tax credit) and it comes standard w/ sports chrono.
  • I do wonder what mile MPG will be. For point of reference I drive 80% local, 20% highway and my commute during the week is very short at about 1.5 miles each way. My car claims to have a 21/26 MPG for city/highway driving. But because of my short commute, I’ve cumulatively averaged about 14mpg!
  • Would love if those that have one could help me out on this. If I were to drive in sport mode all day in a mix of local/highway, would I use up the electric charge? Not that this happens that often but during the summers I do have a number of long weekends where I wouldn’t be able to charge the vehicle overnight and so on my drive back, will it just perform like a base cayenne (which to me would not be ideal for what I’m looking for?
  • Anybody know how the maintenance costs compare in the first few years between the S and the e-hybrid (SA said its pretty close but I wonder)? Also, how does brake pad/rotor replacement costs compare and what is the mileage interval between the e-hybrid and the S?
Thanks in advance all. I’m intrigued but my questions above leave me wondering if I should stick with the S.
Old 08-30-2019, 03:47 PM
aCayenneFan
Pro

Received 56 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by trucker
I created a thread about another protection offered to me by the dealer, maybe you guys help me:

"I went to the dealer today to see my new E-Hybrid that arrived from the port and the dealer offered me Perma Plate protection (the General Manager offered me). I was quoted $699 for a 5 year protection.
Does anybody have any experience with it?
It sounded interesting because the dealer said that if there are any stains or damages to the interior like the leather it would be either fixed or replaced. Do they spray something on the leather to coat it?
Some reviews complained that they do a sealant coat on the paint but that wasn't as good as a standard process of clay/cut/polish/seal/ceramic coating. Some people even mentioned that the paint looked dull.
I checked BBB and found a lot of complaints for not honoring the warranty.
Any advise?"
Perma Plate might (emphasis on might) be something to consider if you are ordering light-colored leather seating surfaces. Ceramic coating is way superior to Perma Plate for paint preservation. Personally, I would put the $700 toward the cost of ceramic coating the paint. Warranty claims may be an issue, too.
Old 08-30-2019, 03:57 PM
trucker
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by aCayenneFan
Perma Plate might (emphasis on might) be something to consider if you are ordering light-colored leather seating surfaces. Ceramic coating is way superior to Perma Plate for paint preservation. Personally, I would put the $700 toward the cost of ceramic coating the paint. Warranty claims may be an issue, too.
The General Sales manager of this dealer is recommending that coverage so I can have a warranty on the interior in case there's any damages to the upholstery, which includes stains, tear (rip a hole) or if it burns. He said if they can't can fix it they replace it. I'm not too worried about the exterior coverage.
So I asked him if I can get the coverage without the coatings just to have the warranty portion of that, I have some detailing experience (classes with Mike Phillips with Autogeek) and I would do the exterior myself.
Old 09-02-2019, 12:09 AM
ssiminou
Banned

Received 106 Likes on 70 Posts

Can any other owners who have had their car for about a week tell us a bit more about their experience?......My PEC Delivery was actually pushed up to 9/11, so it's all becoming very real.
Old 09-02-2019, 01:06 AM
Papa1954
7th Gear

Default Engine warning light

Originally Posted by ssiminou
Can any other owners who have had their car for about a week tell us a bit more about their experience?......My PEC Delivery was actually pushed up to 9/11, so it's all becoming very real.
I picked up our Cayenne e hybrid on Friday afternoon and drove it home in hybrid auto power mode, about 73 miles. When I put it in the garage my wife noticed that the areas above the front wheel wells were extremely hot, almost to the point you could not touch them. The car hood area over the engine was was warm but not overly hot. On Saturday I took the car for a spin around the block and 1/2 way through an orange engine warning light came on and I returned the car to the garage. The manual states if this warning light appears to stop driving immediately. Which I have done and it sits idle. Tomorrow is labor day. I hope they are open.

Quick Reply: OFFICIAL Cayenne Hybrid Delay Thread