Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Diesel Cayenne and VW emission issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2020, 01:44 PM
sclemmons
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

I got my check from Porsche on the 3rd business day after my Porsche appointment. What is the procedure to get the Bosch money? Wait for it? Apply? I don’t want to miss that element of the fix after accomplishing the rest of the process!

i have not put many miles on the CD in a week but I did have the same mileage on the 150 mile trip pre fix and post fix. I can feel the hanging shift at 35mph. It is not a bother. Everything else feels the same as the pre fix.
Old 04-10-2020, 10:52 AM
Kayze
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I had the fix completed last December. The Porsche payment was in my account within a few days. The second half of the Bosch payment was mailed to me without having to make a request. As I recall it was about w weeks after the fix was completed.
Old 04-10-2020, 10:53 AM
Kayze
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Oops, 3 weeks
Old 04-10-2020, 01:24 PM
skiahh
Rennlist Member

Received 131 Likes on 95 Posts

Now that the fix to the fix is out there and getting pretty good reviews, I wonder if it'll affect CD prices at all? Since it's basically back to the original sporty feel, will it be more sought after?
Old 04-14-2020, 11:52 PM
Steven Mac
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dammmmmit... i didn't realize CDs were elgible until i read this thread... now, i am past the deadline... should i still get it fixed? do i have a choice?
Old 04-15-2020, 12:50 AM
Vivek
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is probably not relevant to many people here, but Porsche extended the deadline to get the fix (and still get paid) from April 30 to May 30 due to the CV.

I’m the original owner of a ‘14 now with 99k miles. I’ve been postponing the fix as long as possible but I’m now contemplating getting it done. For those that remember how the vehicle drove pre-fix, it sounds like most would do it again. Anyone feel any different?
Old 04-15-2020, 12:30 PM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

Received 134 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by Vivek
This is probably not relevant to many people here, but Porsche extended the deadline to get the fix (and still get paid) from April 30 to May 30 due to the CV.

I’m the original owner of a ‘14 now with 99k miles. I’ve been postponing the fix as long as possible but I’m now contemplating getting it done. For those that remember how the vehicle drove pre-fix, it sounds like most would do it again. Anyone feel any different?
With the most recent update, it's not as horrible as it used to be. It's been so long since I've driven an "unfixed" one now, though! But to me, the check was sizable enough that, yeah, I'd probably still do it. Especially now given the update. I still, on occasion, sense a lazy/dead throttle pedal but I'm really thinking it's likely more a transmission tune thing - because on occasion, I feel the same damned thing driving the wife's PDK Macan. I also realize I'm hyper-sensitive to it now. But it's still much much much improved from the original "fix" software.

You're in TX... gotta be a TX-based CD owning RL'er you can do a drive with to compare?
Old 04-15-2020, 12:34 PM
jbse39
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

I've been putting off updating my wife's 14 until February of this year. the only difference I notice is 3rd gear holding longer before upshifting until the car is more or less fully warmed up. Otherwise, I cannot tell the difference.
Old 04-15-2020, 11:31 PM
sclemmons
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

It is interesting that the 3rd gear shift is postponed on a cold start but happens right on time after the car is warmed up. I have not put but 250 miles on the CD since the fix, but I have no complaints. I had driven a demo CD with the fix a year ago and thought about passing on it. I am glad I got the fix after the recent update; I don't see that I am giving much up at this point. I certainly don't hate it enough to leave $10,000 on the table; I was not sure a year ago. Recent market volatility has made us all a bit more humble. I am checking the mail everyday for my Bosch check. It will be two weeks tomorrow since the fix. Porsche got me a check in three business days.
Old 04-16-2020, 12:28 AM
Beantown Kman
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I have a '14 CD. I held out until two weeks ago. I am very pleased with the fix. The only noticeable differences are 3rd gear holding longer while cold and a slightly faster idle when cold. This is the fix we've all been waiting for!
Old 04-16-2020, 07:43 AM
Vivek
Advanced

These responses are very helpful—I thank you all.
Old 04-20-2020, 11:28 AM
Mtea
Instructor

Received 46 Likes on 26 Posts

It looks like Vivek and I may be near the end of the hold out line. I’m the guy that created the fix survey a couple years ago. The results of that survey put me solidly in the “don’t do it” category. After seeing the mostly positive reviews from those holdouts I’m thinking about it before time runs out May 30 (I’m all registered, etc.). I called the nearest dealer to talk about it and the service guy I talked to says “don’t do it” which surprised me. He said he’s driven not fixed, original fix, and fixed fix and not fixed is best for the ‘13 and ‘14 models. Thoughts? Any other holdouts have the fix and the updates at the same time? Results?
Old 04-20-2020, 11:58 AM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

Well "never fixed" certainly going to be best. Don't expect the "fixed fix" to be an **improvement** over "never fixed". When you add in the $15k check... that's where things get evened out a bit.

I think "never fixed" > "original fixed" + $15k check

I think "never fixed" ~ "fixed fixed" + $15k check (not quite but close enough?)

So.... if you don't give a crap about the $15k, and plan to keep the CD forever... then don't fix it.
Old 04-20-2020, 12:17 PM
bwbob
Rennlist Member

I was a holdout also and just had my '14 done with the new fix a few weeks ago (I previously posted on it), I had skipped the original as well.
Although I haven't gotten many miles on it since with the stay at home going on I haven't found anything to complain about, it seems as good as it always was or close enough I haven't noticed. My only lingering question is whether that is just due to the warm weather these days and that I'll have a different experience once cold weather comes back around? I've got no way to know that answer until later on. I only had 1/2 the $'s outstanding since I got the 1st check long ago, so it wasn't a huge money deal like for those that have the whole sum hinging on the get it done or lose it, but I did want the warranty extension.

I'm happy with the fixed fix but as always YMMV, throughout the whole original campaign some CD's came out unscathed and others had nothing but problems with no apparent clear pattern for the different outcomes.
Old 04-20-2020, 12:28 PM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by bwbob
I'm happy with the fixed fix but as always YMMV, throughout the whole original campaign some CD's came out unscathed and others had nothing but problems with no apparent clear pattern for the different outcomes.
^^ this too

Hard to know what the odds are. Most folks that hit this thread came here because they were having problems. Hard to know how many fixed CD's (and TDI Q7's and Touaregs) were negatively impacted. Those vehicles are generally not "enthusiast" and so I wouldn't expect BIG forum presence for them.

My 2014 ran fine after the fix. No complaints. My 2015 is a different story altogether.

Quick Reply: Diesel Cayenne and VW emission issue