Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Diesel Cayenne and VW emission issue

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2020, 01:42 PM
BenCD
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 38 Posts

I got my 2016 AKB6 flash done this morning.

I was in and out in 45 minutes=fast. If there is any one good thing about this entire worldwide catastrophe . . .

The response, all the way around, is better. I had no problem with the way the truck had been running since the last flash but if it might all be in my mind, on the highway, at just over the speed limit, the engine seemed to be more powerful and smooth.

I'll bet that since VAG had gotten all the vehicles off the road, coupled with all the unhappy 3.0L owners, to placate all those who had issue with how the vehicles were running post flash, that whatever approving agency had taken everything into account and had just agreed to allow VAG to give the rest of us-there are probably not many 3.0L Gen2 TDI owners left, to let us enjoy our vehicles the way they were designed to cheat, in peace from here on out.

All I need is like 10 more years and my kids will be grown up and the chances of me needing the Cayenne to take the four of us, and towing all the crap I/we tow . . .

Long live our CD's and VW TDI's.
Old 03-30-2020, 11:08 PM
sclemmons
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

I confirmed an appointment for Thursday. I may have the last un fixed CD on the forum. Me and RS-America, that is. With the CV recession on the horizon, you can’t ignore the money or the extended warranty. My son in CA may want it if I don’t and he will want the fix.
The following users liked this post:
RS-America (03-31-2020)
Old 03-30-2020, 11:11 PM
GrandPaJohn
Pro

Received 131 Likes on 85 Posts

Interesting. Mnay of us have never driven an unfixed CD or had it fixed so long ago that it's difficult to recall. Let us know how it drives compared to unfixed.
Old 03-31-2020, 01:02 AM
CayenneBlack
Racer

Received 93 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by GrandPaJohn
Interesting. Mnay of us have never driven an unfixed CD or had it fixed so long ago that it's difficult to recall. Let us know how it drives compared to unfixed.
I got the original fix with flash in February all at the same time. There is more power especially on the highway. Also, there is less lag at low speeds. The sport button makes the car feel more powerful than before as well. The only problem with mine is I used to get good mileage, but it has dropped to 27 mpg at best on the highway. Still have only driven maybe 400-600 miles since the fix. Hoping that mpg gets better.
Old 03-31-2020, 11:27 AM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,603 Likes on 1,618 Posts

Originally Posted by sclemmons
I confirmed an appointment for Thursday. I may have the last un fixed CD on the forum. Me and RS-America, that is. With the CV recession on the horizon, you can’t ignore the money or the extended warranty. My son in CA may want it if I don’t and he will want the fix.
Did you sign up for the settlement? Can you still get paid at this point?
Old 03-31-2020, 01:28 PM
bwbob
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sclemmons
I confirmed an appointment for Thursday. I may have the last un fixed CD on the forum. Me and RS-America, that is. With the CV recession on the horizon, you can’t ignore the money or the extended warranty.
Then mine must have been the 3rd to last held out lol. I skipped the fix after all the bad reviews holding out hope they'd get it right or I'd just forgo it and the $'s and leave a good thing alone.
After reading the good fixed-fix feedback I dropped my un-fixed '14 CD with 65K miles on it off last Monday and got it back yesterday. With CV around didn't want to possibly miss the 4/30 date and being short staffed took them a little longer than the normal couple of days. It got all 3 of the campaigns done, the big AG01, the AKB6 re-flash, and the WKH9 EGR cooler inspect/replace (which it didn't need).

Based on a couple of days driving it so far seems as good as it ever was or maybe a hair better all around. Still has the same everyday driving throttle response if not a tad bit better, and fuel mileage seems the same, if not a tenth or 2 better. It's warm in Atlanta now so I'm not experiencing the warm up issues and gear holding that some complained about, can't say if PCNA minimized them or that if it's just because its in the 70's now.

My impression, granted it's only been a couple of days, I have zero complaints - this is what the original fix should have been from the start, highly recommended especially if you're still suffering with the first fix
Old 03-31-2020, 01:39 PM
sclemmons
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

To clarify. I registered for the fix when it became available. At that point they would not send me the $5000. They said “get it fixed and we will send you all the money.” I have deferred action until now. I did have the registration completed within the required time and do expect to receive the cash. Hope I can get Bosch to come through as well but who knows. Will let you know after I get it done.
Old 03-31-2020, 02:07 PM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

Received 134 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by bwbob
Then mine must have been the 3rd to last held out lol. I skipped the fix after all the bad reviews holding out hope they'd get it right or I'd just forgo it and the $'s and leave a good thing alone.
After reading the good fixed-fix feedback I dropped my un-fixed '14 CD with 65K miles on it off last Monday and got it back yesterday. With CV around didn't want to possibly miss the 4/30 date and being short staffed took them a little longer than the normal couple of days. It got all 3 of the campaigns done, the big AG01, the AKB6 re-flash, and the WKH9 EGR cooler inspect/replace (which it didn't need).

Based on a couple of days driving it so far seems as good as it ever was or maybe a hair better all around. Still has the same everyday driving throttle response if not a tad bit better, and fuel mileage seems the same, if not a tenth or 2 better. It's warm in Atlanta now so I'm not experiencing the warm up issues and gear holding that some complained about, can't say if PCNA minimized them or that if it's just because its in the 70's now.

My impression, granted it's only been a couple of days, I have zero complaints - this is what the original fix should have been from the start, highly recommended especially if you're still suffering with the first fix
I remember my 2014 CD did not feel noticeably different, pre- to post- fix, once fully warmed up. Seemed to drive identically. To the point where I thought people here complaining were nuts or drama queens.

Then I traded my 2014 in for a fixed, leftover unsold 2015. As soon as it warmed up outside.... ugh.

To where it certainly gave me (and others) thoughts of perhaps 2014's weren't as impacted? Or maybe trucks built on a Wednesday were fine? #shrug
Old 03-31-2020, 03:10 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,603 Likes on 1,618 Posts

Originally Posted by Hacked 987
I remember my 2014 CD did not feel noticeably different, pre- to post- fix, once fully warmed up. Seemed to drive identically. To the point where I thought people here complaining were nuts or drama queens.

Then I traded my 2014 in for a fixed, leftover unsold 2015. As soon as it warmed up outside.... ugh.

To where it certainly gave me (and others) thoughts of perhaps 2014's weren't as impacted? Or maybe trucks built on a Wednesday were fine? #shrug
My 2014 acted like your 2015. Very noticeable difference original -> fix -> new campaign.
Old 04-01-2020, 01:57 AM
CayenneBlack
Racer

I got the Porsche payment quickly. Still haven’t received the Bosch check. I called and they said it would be automatic after Porsche let them know the fix was completed. However, their computer network had issues and they couldn’t give me specifics. That was around early March. I need to call them again...hopefully someone answers.

Last edited by CayenneBlack; 04-02-2020 at 01:42 AM.
Old 04-01-2020, 02:57 AM
skiahh
Rennlist Member

Received 131 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by Hacked 987

We have a '14 and a '15. The '14 acts, well, like the booklet said it would. The '15 bordered on unsafe at times with the lack of power response.

Now the '15 acts almost like the unfixed '14 (we bought that new). There are still a one or two conditions where it'll have that dead spot, but even then, not for as long as before the new fix.

The '14 will go in soon for the fix to the fix.

Originally Posted by bwbob
It's warm in Atlanta now so I'm not experiencing the warm up issues and gear holding that some complained about, can't say if PCNA minimized them or that if it's just because its in the 70's now.
Still will do that. It'll hold 3rd gear until 35 mph then shift. Not sure why that's such an issue with everyone, especially for those who run around in Sport all the time. It's for a short time and then it's done. No big deal; it just revs higher than normal. Don't like it? Hit the paddle, it'll shift.
Old 04-02-2020, 11:35 AM
bwbob
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CayenneBlack
I got the Porsche payment quickly. Still haven’t received the Bosch check. I called and they said it would be automatic after Porsche let them know the fix was completed. However, their computer network had issues and they couldn’t give me specifics. That was around early March. I need to call them again...hopefully someone answers.
I got my 2nd half Porsche payment via fedex this AM, I picked it up from the dealer on Monday. Needless to say 3 days was an unexpectedly quick turnaround and nice surprise.
Old 04-02-2020, 01:22 PM
MJG911
Three Wheelin'

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

I'm still waiting for the 2nd Bosch payment too. Ours was a lease that we bought out, so technically, we were considered second owners. They told me that after they close out in April if the original owner (me) didn't have a claim, they would send me the 2nd check.
Old 04-03-2020, 01:10 AM
CayenneBlack
Racer

I believe mine was overnighted (prior to corona)!
Old 04-03-2020, 01:46 PM
PJ Cayenne
Rennlist Member

Received 303 Likes on 182 Posts

It is great to hear the "fix to the fix" is working out. To restore the performance of this brilliant car is terrific news. Not sure why the fix was so horrible on our particular car with strange noises and a much louder overall engine sound. We miss the Cayenne for its shear presence and style, as well as its' awesome ability to cover a lot of ground, quickly. Our last kid graduated school a year ago, so we no longer take long drives. The Cayenne's replacement is a Macan, which has been in the garage for a year. A wonderful and very fun SUV, more suited to our lifestyle, but it will never replace the CD. Sounds like they have become long term keepers.

Quick Reply: Diesel Cayenne and VW emission issue