Sponsored By:

Diesel Cayenne and VW emission issue

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2017, 08:26 PM
skiahh
Rennlist Member

Received 132 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by BenCD
I want a Gen2 buyback so I'm 50/50 on the/a fix being approved by the deadline. I, I'm pretty sure all of us would love a delay for an extra $500 or $1,000 for each month's delay.

It is a LOT more complex than just telling the DEF system to spray more to lower the "tested" emissions. If it were that easy, VAG would have done it and never have cheated.

There has to be some combination of hardware in some sort of beefed-up converter, possibly injector(s), or why would VAG have risked $26+billion USDollars to date?

The clock sure is ticking though.
Thought you loved your CD... why do you want a buyback?
Old 09-01-2017, 08:35 PM
BenCD
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by skiahh
Thought you loved your CD... why do you want a buyback?
I had also loved my TDI, but, and here comes the butt, I also love money.

I'd simply get a 2018/2019 Cayenne S. Besides, what I love or don't love won't have any impact on whether the buyback happens or not so, I'd be happy either way. Win-win for me.
Old 09-02-2017, 12:17 PM
chsu74
Rennlist Member

Received 314 Likes on 262 Posts

Apparently the 2.0 fix only decreased mpg by 2 and nothing else changed. Will wait for actual adopters' review...
Old 09-05-2017, 02:07 AM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,834 Likes on 1,115 Posts

Reminder on the dates. Not too far out:

Sub-Generation
Decision Date for the Emission Compliant Repair
2.1 SUV
November 8, 2017
2.2 SUV
October 23, 2017
2 passenger cars
December 20, 2017

If regulators have not granted approval for any sub-generation by the Decision Dates, the Court may grant an extension for good cause. If good cause is not shown, Volkswagen may choose to extend the deadlines for a maximum of three months by agreeing to pay an additional $500 per vehicle per month on top of the other payments to Class Members.

If EPA and CARB do not approve an Emissions Compliant Repair, they could still approve an emissions modification that meets less stringent emissions levels. Eligible Generation Two Owners and Lessees would then have the options of a Buyback or Trade-In, or choose to keep their vehicle, and receive a Reduced Emissions Modification, Extended Warranty, and accompanying payment. The expected and final submittal dates for such an emissions modification are listed below.
Old 09-06-2017, 06:36 PM
Beantown Kman
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Can anyone confirm whether or not the manufacturer's warranty on our cayenne diesels has been extended to 6 years/100K miles, or until the emissions fix is approved or disapproved, whichever is greater?
Old 09-06-2017, 06:42 PM
PORSCHEJAYHAWK
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Beantown Kman
Can anyone confirm whether or not the manufacturer's warranty on our cayenne diesels has been extended to 6 years/100K miles, or until the emissions fix is approved or disapproved, whichever is greater?
Porsche Cars North America has confirmed to me (and put in writing) that my warranty is extended to 6 years/ 100k miles. I have not heard anything about the "or until the emissions fix is approved/ disapproved" part... and since my 2013 CD was originally sold in Canada and could be much later; I'm VERY interested in that part of it.
Old 09-06-2017, 06:43 PM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

Received 134 Likes on 91 Posts

It was certainly my understanding that the warranty was merely extended to 6/100... with provisions to go beyond that if the fix is delayed, but not "sooner"...
Old 09-06-2017, 07:22 PM
MJG911
Three Wheelin'

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

there was something about a bridge warranty in the settlement, but I don't think it applies to porsche since we got the 6/100 already
Old 09-07-2017, 11:14 AM
Beantown Kman
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by MJG911
there was something about a bridge warranty in the settlement, but I don't think it applies to porsche since we got the 6/100 already
I called the Claim Settlement office this morning and confirmed that the Covered Bridge Warranty applies if and when the EXTENDED new vehicle warranty expires up until the time when the proposed repair of the emissions system is either approved or disapproved by the EPA and CARB. This is of interest to me as I now have over 100K miles on my '14 CD.

I was told the proposed repair has already been submitted and the government agencies have until November 6 to make a decision. But this deadline can be extended for up to three thirty day periods.

Here is a copy of the email I received on July 25:

According to our records, you own or lease a Volkswagen, Audi, or Porsche Generation Two Eligible Vehicle. Under the 3.0L Class Action Settlement Agreement, you may be entitled to a Class Bridge Warranty providing coverage and terms mirroring the coverage provided by your new vehicle limited warranty.

If the new vehicle limited warranty on your Generation Two Eligible Vehicle has expired, Volkswagen will extend the terms of that warranty for covered repairs performed by a Volkswagen, Audi or Porsche authorized dealer based on vehicle conditions that arose after January 31, 2017 or the expiration of your new vehicle limited warranty. The Class Bridge warranty will expire on the date on which an Emissions Compliant Repair for your vehicle is approved or disapproved by the Environmental Protection Agency and the California Air Resources Board.

Contact your authorized dealer to determine whether your vehicle is eligible for the Class Bridge Warranty. In order to qualify for coverage, you must repair your vehicle at an authorized Volkswagen, Audi, or Porsche dealership. If you have opted out of the 3.0L Class Action Settlement Agreement, you are not entitled to the Class Bridge Warranty.

For any questions or to learn more about the Class Bridge Warranty please visit www.VWCourtSettlement.com or call 1-844-98-CLAIM.
Old 09-07-2017, 02:52 PM
billyg
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I called the Claim Settlement office this morning and confirmed that the Covered Bridge Warranty applies if and when the EXTENDED new vehicle warranty expires up until the time when the proposed repair of the emissions system is either approved or disapproved by the EPA and CARB. This is of interest to me as I now have over 100K miles on my '14 CD.

I was told the proposed repair has already been submitted and the government agencies have until November 6 to make a decision. But this deadline can be extended for up to three thirty day periods.

According to our records, you own or lease a Volkswagen, Audi, or Porsche Generation Two Eligible Vehicle. Under the 3.0L Class Action Settlement Agreement, you may be entitled to a Class Bridge Warranty providing coverage and terms mirroring the coverage provided by your new vehicle limited warranty.

If the new vehicle limited warranty on your Generation Two Eligible Vehicle has expired, Volkswagen will extend the terms of that warranty for covered repairs performed by a Volkswagen, Audi or Porsche authorized dealer based on vehicle conditions that arose after January 31, 2017 or the expiration of your new vehicle limited warranty. The Class Bridge warranty will expire on the date on which an Emissions Compliant Repair for your vehicle is approved or disapproved by the Environmental Protection Agency and the California Air Resources Board.

Contact your authorized dealer to determine whether your vehicle is eligible for the Class Bridge Warranty. In order to qualify for coverage, you must repair your vehicle at an authorized Volkswagen, Audi, or Porsche dealership. If you have opted out of the 3.0L Class Action Settlement Agreement, you are not entitled to the Class Bridge Warranty.

For any questions or to learn more about the Class Bridge Warranty please visit www.VWCourtSettlement.com or call 1-844-98-CLAIM.
Factory rep told my dealer 2 weeks ago that corporate has had lips sealed about a fix and no one knows anything.
Old 09-07-2017, 04:56 PM
skiahh
Rennlist Member

Nov 6 for 2.1 cars. October something (23rd?) for Cayennes.
Old 09-11-2017, 03:12 PM
BenCD
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 38 Posts

I had read a post by someone on ClubTouareg, where one of the attorneys for the plaintiffs/us, had mentioned that the Bosch money will start being paid sometime in mid September. The additional $1,500 will come any day now.

Last edited by BenCD; 09-12-2017 at 06:20 AM.
Old 09-11-2017, 09:52 PM
solrac6262
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Default warranty

the extended warranty is it CPO or extension of the original new vehicle warranty ?
Old 09-11-2017, 10:51 PM
Beantown Kman
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by solrac6262
the extended warranty is it CPO or extension of the original new vehicle warranty ?
Extension of the new vehicle warranty.
Old 09-12-2017, 03:11 PM
skiahh
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by solrac6262
Is there a difference?

Quick Reply: Diesel Cayenne and VW emission issue