Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Diesel Cayenne and VW emission issue

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2016, 11:53 PM
gnat
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Well with only 69 minutes left in my time zone, I think I can safely be smug and say "I told you so" about the 3.0l not having a resolution

All the best to everyone. Hopefully we'll see this done and over with in 2017!
Old 01-01-2017, 10:33 AM
r553
Rennlist Member

Received 65 Likes on 54 Posts

Happy New Year folks. I would like to know the impact of the fix. Thankfully I live in a state that doesn't care about emissions.

The PCNA address is

One Porsche Drive
Atlanta, GA 30354
Old 01-01-2017, 10:39 AM
WhipE350
Burning Brakes

Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts

I suppose we can all try this. I will:

https://my.porsche.com/usa/dialogue/...ion/contactus/

Update - I sent my email. Did my part. I doubt it will be read or make even a tiny bit of difference. I am only one voice.

Last edited by WhipE350; 01-01-2017 at 11:21 AM.
Old 01-01-2017, 11:29 AM
Ddesimone17
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You can email anyone at Porsche if you know how to spell their name

Firstname.lastname@porsche.us
Old 01-01-2017, 12:34 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,581 Likes on 1,604 Posts

Originally Posted by Ddesimone17
You can email anyone at Porsche if you know how to spell their name

Firstname.lastname@porsche.us
Is this correct or just a guess?
Old 01-01-2017, 01:50 PM
Ddesimone17
Pro

Confirmed correct
Old 01-01-2017, 02:02 PM
PJ Cayenne
Rennlist Member

Received 302 Likes on 182 Posts

Originally Posted by alexaqui
What is the CEO's snail mail address or email address? I would be more than happy to show him the great Macan GTS deals my dealer offered me and the quite a bit more expensive AMG product I bought instead.... Oh, and now Porsche is asking me if I still own my car because I stopped all service at the dealership. LOLZ. I have no problem showing the almost 100k of business they have lost since this started.

Some of you may think I am whining... I'm not. I'm just acting. MY money is talking and it is not talking in the direction of Porsche for the first time in a while.
I'm in your camp Alex. I'm only doing the oil changes and warranty work at the dealership. The service advisor tried to sell me wiper blades, I politely declined, telling him I'm not spending any extra money on my CD until a satisfactory resolution is announced.

We all know the Porsche brand deserved (note the past tense) a premium value. Just cannot bring myself to spend any more money with any of the VAG brands, mostly due to this issue. No doubt a 911 of some sort would be in my garage at this point- instead, I'm waiting for resolution, and shopping alternatives. Like you, no whining, just voting with my own money. Unfortunately, I don't think even 10,000 CD owners have much influence over Porsche.
Old 01-01-2017, 02:26 PM
Ddesimone17
Pro

Trust me they don't care about devoted customers , it's all about the shareholders and making money
Been in the market for a new RS and the dealerships are extortionists. I forwarded multiple emails to pcna from the dealerships blatently asking for 50 -60 k above msrp.

I met new pcna CEO at jay peak this summer at Porsche parade, we discussed this issue of mark ups, where he stated pcna does not tolerate this yet the emails I sent fell on deaf ears and the stealerships conitiued to get more allocations
Old 01-01-2017, 09:04 PM
Igooz
Trucker
Rennlist Member

Received 495 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by PJ Cayenne
I'm in your camp Alex. I'm only doing the oil changes and warranty work at the dealership. The service advisor tried to sell me wiper blades, I politely declined, telling him I'm not spending any extra money on my CD until a satisfactory resolution is announced.

We all know the Porsche brand deserved (note the past tense) a premium value. Just cannot bring myself to spend any more money with any of the VAG brands, mostly due to this issue. No doubt a 911 of some sort would be in my garage at this point- instead, I'm waiting for resolution, and shopping alternatives. Like you, no whining, just voting with my own money. Unfortunately, I don't think even 10,000 CD owners have much influence over Porsche.
My first Porsche (which was also a new Porsche) was a 1993 911 RS America. This was a massive purchase for me at the time. Six-seven months later the car went up on flames on my driveway with no one around. My neighbor called me and I called the fire department. The car was a total loss. Some Expat from PAG in NV refused to take any responsibility for their product...I ended up settling it with State Farm and I told myself that I will never-ever-ever buy a car from these German clowns again. Less than a week later my dealer called me and sold me a barely used 1991 911 Turbo so cheap and I was back in the game with Porsche ever since. (10 years later I learned that the expat had made things "right" with the dealer. But they could not admit liability on my RSA).

I recently went through the DieselGate with my daughter's VW. Even though I had to buy that car from her and buy her a new Prius, VW came through with a generous price and bought the car from me. And ETF'd the money 3 days later and the whole settlement including the restitutiion was only about ~$3K less than what she had paid for it 26 months earlier.

Morale of my long story: Just hang in there. I am pretty sure that between PAG/Dealer they will resove the issue for you guys in a good way. I cannot imagine that VAG is stupid enough to not come through for their PCAR customers. I am trying to inject some positivity here, because I am sure tha they will pull through for you guys.
Old 01-01-2017, 09:26 PM
Ddesimone17
Pro

Not sweating it this my DD 35k per year was planning on driving it into the ground
So only up side from where I sit
Already got a free upgrade to 100k and now just waiting for a check
Old 01-01-2017, 09:45 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,581 Likes on 1,604 Posts

Not sweating it this my DD 35k per year was planning on driving it into the ground
So only up side from where I sit
Already got a free upgrade to 100k and now just waiting for a check
I'm also not sweating it too much, as we had planned on keeping. The extended warranty and impending check are nice, but I don't want to end up with a tune the neuters performance or kills MPG.
Old 01-01-2017, 10:00 PM
Ddesimone17
Pro

I have the blue spark that enhances performance
It plugs directly into the fuel rail and can be unplug when software gets the fix
Spoke with blue spark they are awaiting the fix and can adjust from there
Old 01-01-2017, 10:04 PM
Ddesimone17
Pro

The blue spark enhances performances and bumped my highway mpg to 37
Don't know too many awd SUV that can go 800 miles on a tank of gas
Just wish i could get cayennes S diesel
Old 01-01-2017, 11:34 PM
alexaqui
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Trust me they don't care about devoted customers , it's all about the shareholders and making money
Been in the market for a new RS and the dealerships are extortionists. I forwarded multiple emails to pcna from the dealerships blatently asking for 50 -60 k above msrp.

I met new pcna CEO at jay peak this summer at Porsche parade, we discussed this issue of mark ups, where he stated pcna does not tolerate this yet the emails I sent fell on deaf ears and the stealerships conitiued to get more allocations
I hear you. That also pisses me off for any of the limited edition cars.

Seriously, though... I have to wonder how long they can keep on getting away with it. The competition seems to be heating up quite a bit lately. As stated in an earlier thread, I feel as if we have some really incredible options on the marketplace that were not viable just a few years ago. I mean, I would *never* have seen myself driving a MB AMG product a few years ago... now I actually own one and absolutely love it. Maybe these types of events are the corrections they need. I do fear that Porsche will lose more of its edge as they continue to Macan-base the brand. Time will tell!

The CD is my wife's DD... we'll see what happens. I actually just invested in a 2nd set of wheels for winter tires, so I am hoping for the best here. As long as they do not nerf the car too much, I will keep it (what else can I buy for the cash they will offer at this point?). Some owners, for sure, are going to be in for a surprise when this all settles though!
Old 01-02-2017, 12:43 AM
PJ Cayenne
Rennlist Member

Received 302 Likes on 182 Posts

Originally Posted by Igooz
My first Porsche (which was also a new Porsche) was a 1993 911 RS America. This was a massive purchase for me at the time. Six-seven months later the car went up on flames on my driveway with no one around. My neighbor called me and I called the fire department. The car was a total loss. Some Expat from PAG in NV refused to take any responsibility for their product...I ended up settling it with State Farm and I told myself that I will never-ever-ever buy a car from these German clowns again. Less than a week later my dealer called me and sold me a barely used 1991 911 Turbo so cheap and I was back in the game with Porsche ever since. (10 years later I learned that the expat had made things "right" with the dealer. But they could not admit liability on my RSA).

I recently went through the DieselGate with my daughter's VW. Even though I had to buy that car from her and buy her a new Prius, VW came through with a generous price and bought the car from me. And ETF'd the money 3 days later and the whole settlement including the restitutiion was only about ~$3K less than what she had paid for it 26 months earlier.

Morale of my long story: Just hang in there. I am pretty sure that between PAG/Dealer they will resove the issue for you guys in a good way. I cannot imagine that VAG is stupid enough to not come through for their PCAR customers. I am trying to inject some positivity here, because I am sure tha they will pull through for you guys.
I hope you are right. What's angering me is the length of time this is taking to resolve and the possibility of being forced to accept a fix that neuters the car. if Porsche is so confident in the fix, offer us a buyback and let them resell it.

Quick Reply: Diesel Cayenne and VW emission issue