Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2023, 08:16 AM
Roman ACS
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 131 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by palomino6294
Does it automatically switch to Android Auto/Car Play when starting the vehicle or do you have to manually switch to it?

Can I listen to FM radio or (native) SiriusXM but use apps like Google Maps in Android Auto?
​​​​​​If your Wifi and Bluetooth are on, the system boots when you get in the car. It boots really fast, faster than your cars factory Bluetooth.

You cannot listen to native radio or xm while in android auto or carplay at this time.

Our website is now LIVE! please visit us at www.ACSByRoman.com

COUPON CODE "toys" FOR FREE INSTALL KIT!

On site install is available in the Philadelphia PA area as is Global shipping!

CLICK HERE JOIN OUR FACEBOOK GROUP
Old 03-20-2023, 11:45 AM
Dr. G7
Three Wheelin'

Received 322 Likes on 265 Posts

Originally Posted by F SANE IL
This funny as all he'll to me...
...I thought you discovered America here, ..
No, just the internal combustion engine. F SANE IL, my thoughts exactly.

However, I am refraining from further comment. My 2018 has CarPlay. I have a wireless dongle connected to the USB CarPlay. Works seamlessly 99%

Also, more often than not, my radio is turned off. Just listen to the sweetest music of the growl of the Porsche engine and angry hiss of the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S. I do monitor for bear on the Waze.

For those talking about bandwidth, frequency response etc...unless you are a teenager who has been living in cave, most of our hearing bandwidth left us during the Beetles era.

The following users liked this post:
TMC. (03-20-2023)
Old 03-20-2023, 07:27 PM
Nugget
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. G7
For those talking about bandwidth, frequency response etc...unless you are a teenager who has been living in cave, most of our hearing bandwidth left us during the Beetles era.
The difference between the unmolested digital signal path in this device and some of the seemingly similar products on the market is dramatic, even if you're a grumpy old crank and even over Wireless CarPlay.
Old 03-20-2023, 07:49 PM
forbiddenbeat
Rennlist Member

Received 194 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by Nugget
The difference between the unmolested digital signal path in this device and some of the seemingly similar products on the market is dramatic, even if you're a grumpy old crank and even over Wireless CarPlay.
This is great to hear. Will be ordering one soon, though I'm still doing a bit of research on whether the Bluetooth version (bandwidth) in this is superior to the version used in the PCM. I mostly listen to FLAC via Tidal streaming over Bluetooth, and while it's of course being compressed streaming over Bluetooth, the use of a newer version (more bandwidth) would be reason enough to upgrade for me.
Old 03-20-2023, 08:25 PM
TMC.
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 38 Posts

I can't even hear certain frequencies, and I'm sure this is true for lots of people my age.
In the 80s and 90s, I spent years on stage, near the stage, and generally in the vicinity or mere feet away from towers of speakers blasting Heavy Metal. Fox News and Rock at what I consider regular volume is fine. (for me)
This is why they sell different levels of audio gear.
Want the best? Go nuts.
I'll be going fast.
Boomer80 (05-05-2023)
Old 03-21-2023, 12:06 AM
Nugget
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by TMC.
Want the best? Go nuts.
I'll be going fast.
I didn't realize I was supposed to choose.
Old 03-21-2023, 03:51 AM
TMC.
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 38 Posts

lol
What I was thinking but obviously didn't convey was we all have different Cayennes. I have a 2011 Turbo; going fast is more the reason I bought it, and yea, adding creature comforts is nice, but it's not my main concern.
I'd be more interested in swapping roofs to add a pano top than I would be adding a Burmeister.
Different strokes and all...
Old 03-21-2023, 09:28 PM
SSDVC
Rennlist Member

Received 232 Likes on 162 Posts

With a Porsche, you don't have to !™
Old 03-22-2023, 12:57 PM
lowmiler
Rennlist Member

Received 108 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by forbiddenbeat
Great point, I was assuming the screen had a higher resolution but should confirm.
I confirmed, the native screen resolution on the PCM is 800x480. It's a WVGA screen. If the factory camera outputs less than that, getting a camera that puts out 800x480 should improve the picture.
The following 2 users liked this post by lowmiler:
downtroddengoat (03-22-2023), TMC. (03-23-2023)
Old 03-22-2023, 01:16 PM
forbiddenbeat
Rennlist Member

Received 194 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by lowmiler
I confirmed, the native screen resolution on the PCM is 800x480. It's a WVGA screen. If the factory camera outputs less than that, getting a camera that puts out 800x480 should improve the picture.
Thank you, that's great to know!
downtroddengoat (03-22-2023)
Old 04-26-2023, 01:10 PM
Roman ACS
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 131 Likes on 99 Posts

Ive gotten a significant amount of phone calls from customers who are trying to remove their satellite radio boards from their pcm. Please dont attempt to do this. All my kits ship with additional standoffs (in addition to the ones from the manufacturer) to properly place your blue boards without needing to make such modifications!!!!
Old 04-27-2023, 01:19 PM
ek9hatch00
4th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I will definitely look into picking one of these up when I get a Cayenne. Hopefully soon
Old 05-05-2023, 04:06 PM
ShdwFx
Rennlist Member

Received 231 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by Roman ACS
Ive gotten a significant amount of phone calls from customers who are trying to remove their satellite radio boards from their pcm. Please dont attempt to do this. All my kits ship with additional standoffs (in addition to the ones from the manufacturer) to properly place your blue boards without needing to make such modifications!!!!
Just did the upgrade to Mr 12Volt and am very happy with the results. Shout out to Roman who was incredibly responsive to my questions and helped make the install go smoother. Also to twodollardoug as his tips on dealing with the XM board and routing the box to the driver's side came in very handy as well.

After the initial install, Mr 12Volt and Carplay immediately came up and I thought all was fine, but then during testing I noticed neither my CD player nor my native navigation maps were working (Carplay maps was fine). Even though I really don't use the CD player much and now have CarPlay maps, I just want to have things work as they should. I went back in to open it up and noticed the CD ribbon cable wasn't locked down tightly. Reseated the cable and now everything works as it should so my tip for future installers, test the unit before putting everything back in the dash.

I still have to play around with it but so far it's nice to bring the PCM technology up to current-day standards. I went with Mr 12Volt as my Cayenne also has Burmester and I didn't want to sacrifice sound quality vs some of the other units I read about (ie, JoyeAuto, Isudar, etc.). Happy to report that it sounds as well as expected and the quality and speed is as good as I hoped. Now ready for some long summer road trips!
The following 3 users liked this post by ShdwFx:
lowmiler (05-05-2023), Nugget (05-05-2023), RGTorque (05-05-2023)
Old 05-05-2023, 04:51 PM
palomino6294
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Can someone upload a demo video? Get inside the vehicle, insert the key, turn on the vehicle. I'm curious to see how fast/slow it reacts on a normal day to day usage.
Old 05-06-2023, 11:54 AM
yetti96
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by palomino6294
Can someone upload a demo video? Get inside the vehicle, insert the key, turn on the vehicle. I'm curious to see how fast/slow it reacts on a normal day to day usage.
Good question. I mainly listen to podcasts via Aux BT on my car now and when I get back in the FM radio comes on first and much louder and its really annoying. If this could just load carplay like my loaner taycans have then I would be uber pleased.

Quick Reply: Mr12Volt - The solution for Carplay and Android Auto integration