Cayenne Coding - The Ultimate Guide & Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2022, 07:05 PM
F SANE IL
Three Wheelin'

Received 174 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by Joostem
Hi Guys,

I am thinking of buying the Launch x-431 V or V+ but I am wondering if any of you guys tried the Level Control / PASM special functions?
My plan is to change my front air suspension struts but I need to be able to calibrate / bleed the strut / system.

Much appreciated!
Yes, I changed mine to even out the stanceit way by mere, millimeters but it worked.
Old 08-29-2022, 07:42 PM
Joostem
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by F SANE IL
Yes, I changed mine to even out the stanceit way by mere, millimeters but it worked.
Oh that’s great! Would you mind telling me which version you have of X431? Still don’t really understand the difference between all the models. Is that also supported by the PROS MINI?
Old 08-29-2022, 09:29 PM
F SANE IL
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Joostem
Oh that’s great! Would you mind telling me which version you have of X431? Still don’t really understand the difference between all the models. Is that also supported by the PROS MINI?
I have the Pro Mini. I was able to adjust the measurements at each corner, but I can see options for full suspension job, if you were to replace and refill.

It took me a long time to figure out the true difference between all the x431.
The large screen version has more visibility, like charts if live data. The mini just gives you values for live data streams.

As far as coding, they all have same selections.
Old 09-08-2022, 07:18 AM
rnlst_log
Rennlist Member

Received 175 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by CJD
To others who may have the same question, here is the answer:
-> Launch X431 cannot turn off hill assist (confirmed by Launch)
-> rnlst_log helped me turn off hill assist, and was super patient/helpful
Thank you rnlst_log!
Glad it help you achieved your objective.
Keep us posted.
Old 09-08-2022, 11:01 AM
jishtu
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by aneki
The system does not care about the serial number or part number, it only has to match a numbering sequence, it only cares about the AH rating so it can modify the charging accordingly.

I coded my battery successfully with icarsoft I just entered in the default brand in icarsoft the proper porsche part number and put in the old serial number with one digit changed and it coded no problems.
I think people are over analysing the details needed. It’s just code not Porsche magic

Great stuff! Hoping for the best! I'm going to try same this week for a 105ah agm varta in my 2016s 4.2d with icarsoft. Fingers crossed!
Old 09-09-2022, 03:03 PM
lasersurge
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

@9000RPM

Are you still available in NJ for flashing the Cayenne software? The rennlist site will not let me PM you for some reason, so sorry to reach out in this manner. Please let me know, thank you!
Old 09-16-2022, 03:15 PM
jishtu
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 9000RPM
Thanks! Added to ToC
Very interesting. After being scared of this happening for 2 yrs, i finally swapped the oem battery with a varta h15 105ah (exact oem copy for s diesel 2016). Only to get stuck on coding step. i'm trying to exactly like yu on icarsoft por v 2 v50 sw but to no avail. i have tried many combinations described here but nothing seems to work. the tool reads gateway info of battery ageing etc all ok that tells me it is communicating well. one thing im thinking maybe its not taking a reset as i has the vehicle on external supply and i read somewhere that registration is only allowed in cayenne if battery disconnection is detected, not sure how much its true.

i plan to finally disconnect ground and then try registering again if nothing works.

fwiw, i also tried panamera and 911 options in the bms section as some with macans had success this way but it doest work since 911 fields do not have more than 99ah options and hence 2 digits fields for ah rating.

let me know if you see what im doing wrong.
Old 10-11-2022, 07:40 PM
Pinkawa
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Activation heated steering wheel

here we go. It's an older Piwis2 screenshot, but basically the same. Can be found under Maintenance & Repair / Activations (I know you can do the translation yourself easily .. LoL..)..

There's 2 functions in the steering wheel where you need an activation code: Heated Steering Wheel and Cruise Control.
At least for heated steering wheel you cannot buy it at the dealer, Porsche simply does not sell this, so the only way is the grey market for this code.

This is from a former retrofit of a heated steering wheel.

Would tryouts disclose where to look for a code to activate a heated steering wheel?
pm open
Thanks in advance!

[/QUOTE]
Old 10-11-2022, 11:45 PM
volcanogts
Rennlist Member

Received 58 Likes on 44 Posts

I made a whole thread about retrofitting the heated wheel. Check my profile or check in the DIY section, it has where to source the code.
Old 10-12-2022, 12:07 AM
TMC.
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by volcanogts
I made a whole thread about retrofitting the heated wheel. Check my profile or check in the DIY section, it has where to source the code.
I remember a post about adding active cruise control. I'd like to tackle this.
Old 10-14-2022, 09:27 AM
Kenrevo
Advanced

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by 9000RPM
Code the footwell lights to LED so you can use any regular LED instead of the canbus ones.

I'm trying to code this in PIWIS 3 but can't figure out how. I've looked all over the module setting and can't find this setting. The closet thing I found was in manual coding I have options for changing PR codes. Do I need to find the PR code for the led lights and change the code to that?

I have canbus lights but they still stay on so I need to code them.
Old 11-16-2022, 03:00 PM
wraedeohed
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you still using POCOM? I'm somewhat used to VAGCOM so it's it similar to tha?

Originally Posted by BrewDude
Was able to code functions with PoCOM. Successfully enabled the boost pressure in the cluster, mirror fold on door lock (in Instrument Cluster), and open & close sunroof/windows via key fob. I was not able to access the PCM fully, but a quick e-mail to PoCOM should get their enginerds to look into the issue and fix it.

Still experimenting but at 50% less than the X431, I'm sold. Granted things are labeled a little differently than what the X431 lists them as, and there's no search function yet available, but PoCOM is constantly updating their software. Since I've purchased it there have been 5 updates in the past two months.
Old 11-16-2022, 04:51 PM
BrewDude
Racer

Received 72 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by wraedeohed
Are you still using POCOM? I'm somewhat used to VAGCOM so it's it similar to tha?
Yes. The GUI interface is different compared to VCDS but completely navigable.
Old 11-23-2022, 04:39 PM
Neil4speed
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Odd one, does anyone know if it is possible to adjust the equalizer on the Bose using a Coding method?
Old 11-23-2022, 10:42 PM
F SANE IL
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Neil4speed
Odd one, does anyone know if it is possible to adjust the equalizer on the Bose using a Coding method?
No. Can't. Have been in coding menus a bunch of times, never seen anything that detailed with pcm

Quick Reply: Cayenne Coding - The Ultimate Guide & Discussion