Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Cayenne Coding - The Ultimate Guide & Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2020, 10:52 AM
rainer
Instructor

Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

• Coding to allow switching on of surround view at a higher speed?
    • might be possible - would need to look into speed limit settings but don't have a car around with this option to test
  • Enable sports gauge as per picture above
    • need to scroll thru the codings in cluster. done that on my previous car, did not take notes which values exactly
  • Close trunk with remote (does not look possible due to security access error)
    • will not work as described
  • Increase the seat heating (not sure if possible but I find they do not get very hot at all just warm)
    • not possible
  • Keep Headlight DRL and LED DRL on when lights are on sidelight option
    • no clue- sidelight not a topic in central Europe
  • Proper method to lower car (air suspension)
    • done several times with 958 and 95B. See manual attached, it's available for 958 as well.
    • Hook up PSU, open window, hook up Piwis
    • go to maintenance/repair / Air Suspension calibration
    • what/how to measure actual values: see attached manual (basically distance from wheel center to fender line)
    • just guided a friend thru the process remotely. We figured again that while it's ok to lower a Macan around -30mm, I would not recommend more than -20mm for a Cayenne (as it gets to stiff)

Originally Posted by don16
SO to add:
  • I am after help to do the following:
  • Increase the seat heating (not sure if possible but I find they do not get very hot at all just warm)
Attached Images

Last edited by rainer; 11-24-2020 at 11:12 AM.
The following users liked this post:
c17r15 (11-25-2022)
Old 11-24-2020, 01:43 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,153 Likes on 764 Posts

Just curious - if there anyone in the NJ area who has a PIWIS who could help me with a Boxster setting?
Old 11-24-2020, 01:44 PM
twodollardoug
Three Wheelin'

Received 350 Likes on 244 Posts

Also to add coding Boost Gauge scaling on Piwis 3 offers you the option to have different scaling in normal mode and sport. So when sport button is press scaling can be say 1.8 bar where normal mode stays at 1.2bar.
Xxx

Last edited by twodollardoug; 11-24-2020 at 01:46 PM.
Old 11-24-2020, 04:05 PM
AdBlue
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by deilenberger
Just curious - if there anyone in the NJ area who has a PIWIS who could help me with a Boxster setting?
I’m new to Porsche with my ‘13
Diesel. Fortuitous that the main guy here is in spring lake. Im in Red Bank. I almost messaged you about the rims and winter tires but have a Jeep as well and really cant justify it even though price was right.

User 9000 rpm here in the ultimate coding thread is in Princeton. I want to message him but my account is too new so I don't think I can yet. ...but you can. I’m cool with a run across 195 to Princeton.

Last edited by AdBlue; 11-24-2020 at 04:21 PM.
Old 11-24-2020, 04:48 PM
don16
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by rainer
    • might be possible - would need to look into speed limit settings but don't have a car around with this option to test
    • need to scroll thru the codings in cluster. done that on my previous car, did not take notes which values exactly
    • not possible
    • done several times with 958 and 95B. See manual attached, it's available for 958 as well.
    • what/how to measure actual values: see attached manual (basically distance from wheel center to fender line)
    • just guided a friend thru the process remotely. We figured again that while it's ok to lower a Macan around -30mm, I would not recommend more than -20mm for a Cayenne (as it gets to stiff)

Hi I couldn't find the coding for the sports gauge as per photo.

​​​​​​Enabled gforce and already have boost but no power gauges or option to add to screen.
Old 11-24-2020, 06:03 PM
9000RPM
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by twodollardoug
Have you tried "close with the drivers button"? That's another one the launch won't let me do.
What year is your Cayenne? My '14 can close the boot via the driver door armrest button.
Old 11-24-2020, 06:38 PM
twodollardoug
Three Wheelin'

Received 350 Likes on 244 Posts

Originally Posted by 9000RPM
What year is your Cayenne? My '14 can close the boot via the driver door armrest button.
Mine is a 2012 CTT. And it will not close via the armrest button.
Old 11-24-2020, 09:48 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,153 Likes on 764 Posts

Originally Posted by AdBlue
I’m new to Porsche with my ‘13
Diesel. Fortuitous that the main guy here is in spring lake. Im in Red Bank. I almost messaged you about the rims and winter tires but have a Jeep as well and really cant justify it even though price was right.

User 9000 rpm here in the ultimate coding thread is in Princeton. I want to message him but my account is too new so I don't think I can yet. ...but you can. I’m cool with a run across 195 to Princeton.
Thanks - I PM'd him. Hey - I'm really tired of the tires and I'd rather they get used than sitting here. Make an offer - you may be surprised.
Old 11-25-2020, 09:30 AM
don16
Instructor

Can you tell me what option you set for the power display?
Can anyone help with what coding I need to get these gauges to show?
Old 11-25-2020, 04:44 PM
don16
Instructor

Managed to enable the performance display but apart from an orange dot moving left to right it does not look like the rest is working. The I would expect the graph to change with acceleration but it does not.

Also if anyone can be as kind to give me step by step on how to lower the macan using piwis? I checked out the pdf but it mentions something about adding 30+mm to the measured value? No where else mentions this?
Old 11-25-2020, 05:16 PM
imalek
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Awesome!
The performance display can be coded on Cayenne S 958 as well ?
Old 11-25-2020, 09:19 PM
volcanogts
Rennlist Member

Received 58 Likes on 44 Posts

Managed to enable the performance display but apart from an orange dot moving left to right it does not look like the rest is working. The I would expect the graph to change with acceleration but it does not.

Also if anyone can be as kind to give me step by step on how to lower the macan using piwis? I checked out the pdf but it mentions something about adding 30+mm to the measured value? No where else mentions this?
I am interested in trying to lower my ‘16 GTS as well using a launch x431. If I figure anything out I will keep you updated.
Old 11-26-2020, 07:50 AM
don16
Instructor

Originally Posted by rainer
    • not possible
Tried to code the ParkAsssit speedthresholdSystem shutdown speed to 60kmh but did not seem to make a difference, still switched off and could not switch back on after 10MPH. When I make coding changes do I need to wait for the canbus to shut down before these kind of changes become active?
Old 11-27-2020, 05:23 PM
don16
Instructor

Does the launch give the option to enter security code? For example boot/trunk module?

If so, can someone try and code boot closing with remote control.

Security code: 12345

​​​​​​Tried with vcds just to see and security code is accepted but obviously vcds doesn't have correct files for porsche so could go any further

Old 11-27-2020, 05:31 PM
911-997
Burning Brakes

Received 84 Likes on 67 Posts

Does the launch give the option to enter security code? For example boot/trunk module?

If so, can someone try and code boot closing with remote control.

Security code: 12345

​​​​​​Tried with vcds just to see and security code is accepted but obviously vcds doesn't have correct files for porsche so could go any further
yes I believe you can enter security code in X431 but It won’t take “12345” security code

Quick Reply: Cayenne Coding - The Ultimate Guide & Discussion