Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Cayenne Coding - The Ultimate Guide & Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2021, 12:26 PM
winter.zed
Intermediate

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

Found this great thread last night. Read it in "one sitting" (all 58 pages...) but did not see any info on coding in AndroidAuto.
Did anybody try to enable AA with any version of the X431?
I do have AA enabled now on a 2017 Boxster, but worried about it being wiped by some future dealer visit.
Thx.
Old 01-03-2021, 12:29 PM
rainer
Instructor

Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

you have to switch to the following parallel thread on AA:

This is patching the PCM4, has almost nothing to do with X431 and coding...

Originally Posted by winter.zed
Found this great thread last night. Read it in "one sitting" (all 58 pages...) but did not see any info on coding in AndroidAuto.
Did anybody try to enable AA with any version of the X431?
I do have AA enabled now on a 2017 Boxster, but worried about it being wiped by some future dealer visit.
Thx.

Last edited by rainer; 01-03-2021 at 12:30 PM.
Old 01-03-2021, 12:42 PM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,304 Likes on 1,370 Posts

Tell your dealer at the next visit NOT to reset all after they finish with whatever they're doing. I just went over to a friend's to change back stuff on his Q7 where the dealer reset all parameters after a scheduled oil service. Among they many mods, by resetting they enabled again his ***. Went over and disabled it and warned him to tell his dealer not to do it. Will they? Who knows, but it's worth a try. HTH

siberian
Old 01-03-2021, 02:48 PM
winter.zed
Intermediate

Thank you @rainer. I will check that thread. I thought it would come up in the thread as "one of the things that can be done" with this tool. I bought myself an iCarsoft tool way back when I got the car and they started supporting the 718. Was using it for minor error resets, but I wish I knew about the X431 or Piwis "clones" back then.
Old 01-03-2021, 03:03 PM
winter.zed
Intermediate

Originally Posted by siberian
Tell your dealer at the next visit NOT to reset all after they finish with whatever they're doing.
siberian
Yeah. I wish it was that easy. Tell the dealer and they listen....
A while back, I had to take the car in for regular maint + some warranty service and literally had to beg them not to replace my cabin air filter, because I was working on a Roik Android module install that was half done at the time and I just velcro-d the unit temporarily to the underside of the dash. I did not want them to mess with all the cabling. Had to explain it to the SA, leave a separate note to the tech who was actually working on it, etc. It was ok in the end, but I got lucky that day to find an understanding SA.
On a different occasion (different car/dealer, I know) - they just wiped all settings I coded into my wife's BMW even though I asked them not to. I understand sometimes they need to do updates, but the car wasn't in for anything related and they did not even tell me about the update.
So I figured if I can re-code the AA back in this tool may be useful.
Old 01-03-2021, 03:12 PM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Reason I'm glad I'm 400 miles from any dealer. Was just trying to be helpful, who knows you might catch them on a good day. I'm due for my delayed courtesy service in May (as I got a deferral since I wasn't going to drive 800 miles round trip in January here) and will see if this "good will" works by asking them specifically NOT to clear all registers just the SRI unless there's a SPECIFIC reason to clear back to stock. Luckily I'll be able to check really quickly whether they did or didn't by simply checking whether BCM module settings have been tampered with (read reset) by seeing if my REAR DRLs are on. I've documented all the changes but it's just a pain to spend an hour re-coding the myriad parameters I changed.

Anyway, good luck. BTW AA?

siberian
Old 01-03-2021, 03:52 PM
winter.zed
Intermediate

Originally Posted by siberian
BTW AA?

siberian
Yeah. I ordered the car with Carplay because I had an iPhone back then, and for many generations of iPhone before, but I switched to Android soon after. Partly because Carplay maps were really buggy for a while. At least here, north of Toronto. And there was no support for Google maps for a long time, etc.
I had a Roik Android unit for some time (still have it), but that was not "that great" either. It still works, just needs patience. Old/tired interface too and no updates possible.
So I had Android Auto enabled. It's already "in the car" just needs to be enabled.
Now I can use both the phone and the maps on the same device. And it's "proper" Google maps. Happy with it so far. Too bad car is sitting in the garage until March
Old 01-03-2021, 04:01 PM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Thanx for clarifying.

Pray tell WHY is the car in a garage until March? Oh no, don't tell me, it's winter and ... you don't drive in winter??

siberian
Old 01-04-2021, 10:21 AM
ArmyRover
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by JB911
Suncoast sells the update navigation disc, and says the dealer has to instal it. Dealer obviously uses PIWIS
I found that Suncoast offered it in another thread was hoping the Launch had the ability. May just have to bite the bullet and be the test dummy.
Old 01-04-2021, 10:28 AM
JB911
Rennlist Member

Received 451 Likes on 315 Posts

But search, there might be other sources that sell the navigation disc. Please post results-
Old 01-06-2021, 06:19 AM
imalek
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi gabylonfive,

did you try the mirror lowering while applying reverse? This feature is there and can be enabled, unfortunately I enabled it but it is no5 lowering*. I am wondering if there another place where I should enable as well this feature,

cheers,
Old 01-06-2021, 08:51 AM
rainer
Instructor

do you have Seat Memory? If not, it won't work..

And - where exactly did you enable it? Some values get stored in the Aircon ECU (e.g. Start/Stop Memory), did you check there?

Originally Posted by imalek
Hi gabylonfive,

did you try the mirror lowering while applying reverse? This feature is there and can be enabled, unfortunately I enabled it but it is no5 lowering*. I am wondering if there another place where I should enable as well this feature,

cheers,
Old 01-06-2021, 09:34 AM
9000RPM
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 35 Posts

Hi gabylonfive,

cheers,
Did you enable it in the pcm headunit? Car > Options
Old 01-06-2021, 01:23 PM
imalek
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

@rainer i don’t have memory seats.
@9000 rpm It is enabled in the pcm as well as the instrument cluster. Unfortunately in both even enabled it shows nothing

any ideas how to make it work ?

one more topic, I have the start & stop by default in the car. I added it in the instrument cluster under the menu “engine”, it is not having any effect. Any idea how to make it run ?

Last edited by imalek; 01-06-2021 at 01:26 PM.
Old 01-06-2021, 01:33 PM
rainer
Instructor

Talking

1. Without memory seats you can stop testing. The function is not available w/o the memory seats option.
2. Start/Stop sits in 4 different ECUs and can be set to either default on, off, or "last mode"
ECUs (if I recall correctly) are
- dash cluster,
- aircon,
- transmission
- one more.. would have to look it up(it's NOT the DME)

if you code w/ Piwis, you actually have an easy way to code it: just select ALL ECUs and de-select the ones which are obvious not relevant (e.g. cameras, PDK, DME, etc)
Piwis then does the rest of the job and codes the relevant ones sequentially. Very comfortable function, indeed...

@rainer i don’t have memory seats.
@9000 rpm It is enabled in the pcm as well as the instrument cluster. Unfortunately in both even enabled it shows nothing

any ideas how to make it work ?

one more topic, I have the start & stop by default in the car. I added it in the instrument cluster under the menu “engine”, it is not having any effect. Any idea how to make it run ?

Quick Reply: Cayenne Coding - The Ultimate Guide & Discussion