MJFDDS
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

I’m ready to send PayPal too
Old 03-08-2023, 03:04 PM
8Lug
Rennlist Member

Received 861 Likes on 408 Posts

I'm in for 1. And just to confirm, this is the switch that would result in lift not recognizing that it was in the up position and thus not wanting to go back down when the FAL button is pressed again? Mine is sometimes slow to recognize the up position, so I'd like to have a spare in case it fails.
Old 03-08-2023, 04:02 PM
silviaks
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by 8Lug
I'm in for 1. And just to confirm, this is the switch that would result in lift not recognizing that it was in the up position and thus not wanting to go back down when the FAL button is pressed again? Mine is sometimes slow to recognize the up position, so I'd like to have a spare in case it fails.
Yea that's correct.

I'm in for ONE, I haven't installed mine yet!
Old 03-08-2023, 05:19 PM
JB911
Rennlist Member

Received 451 Likes on 315 Posts

So I believe using "friends and family" means no PayPal fees, for those receiving and sending if you have a PayPal account with bank linked(?)
I certainly don't want this to look like a commerce transaction, and I don't think it will-I also don't know if FL tax will have to be paid(most likely yes, I believe 7%)-

Looks like about 14 or 15 switches from reading the responses-so maybe $60 each might be reasonable. I just called Gabriel to get a better idea on what it will take-he hasn't answered but I sent him a text message to please call me back-

I checked USPS, used New Jersey and Northern CA Zip codes and the price seems the same, $10.20 using their Priority Mail® Small Flat Rate Box:
https://postcalc.usps.com/Calculator...2&hscode=False

Last edited by JB911; 03-08-2023 at 05:20 PM.
Old 03-08-2023, 05:33 PM
JB911
Rennlist Member

Cdixon had done quite a bit of research and might be able to clarify the symptoms and functions of the other switches, but the one we're dealing with seems to be the main culprit in malfunctions-

I suggest subscribing to the list to get faster response when others post on it, and as this moves forward we should probably use PM for my PayPal email, I feel it's best instead of posting on a public forum-

After I called the company and was told Gabriel is working out of his home I called his cell, and with no answer left a text message to call at his convenience, so it might be tomorrow since it's 4:30 PM now-

Otherwise, I tried to search rennlist for Group Buy procedures and guidelines, and didn't find anything-
Once this moves ahead, I think I would give it a day or two in case there's some latecomers, so they don't lose the train?
Or should a group buy thread be created with a new header so others not following this thread might see the opportunity they might otherwise miss? There are other FAL threads, but this one seems to be the most complete one-

John
Old 03-08-2023, 05:46 PM
JB911
Rennlist Member

Back in 2016, at a friend's shop, we used his top of the line Autel to look at my FAL-this was on post #10 on this thread:

These days I have a Piwis, and it would be interesting to compare what Piwis shows, whether the FAL is fine or having issues. Cdixon used Piwis to reactivate his and might offer more insight. Interesting that the system has a Thermal Protection Switch-
Old 03-09-2023, 03:42 AM
powdrhound
Rennlist Member

Received 1,883 Likes on 1,099 Posts

I'll take a spare one.
Old 03-09-2023, 03:51 AM
Md11skipper
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Please add me to the group buy, I take one.

Thank you
Old 03-09-2023, 10:59 AM
JB911
Rennlist Member

I will attempt again to contact Gabriel at sucoesi today- Will first call the office, then his cell phone if needed. As stated, yesterday I was told he was working out of his home-after calling his mobile and getting no answer, I sent a text asking him to call back at his convenience. There was no response. So it's almost 10 AM and I will make another attempt.
The reason I'm including detailed information is that right away there seems to be a problem. I will not take any PayPal funds until every aspect of the transaction is settled, down to FL taxes(taxes on usps shipping too)

If I can't get a hold of him today, I will ask for another sales rep, and possibly write Mr. Weiss in Germany explaining the issue.
It could be we end up ordering about 20 units by the time people decide on 1 or more-
I even thought of stating a Group Buy thread so others not following this thread would have the opportunity to join-but as it is, I'm worried it will get overwhelming-

So it's 10 AM not, I'll be contacting the rep in a few minutes and hopefully I'll have concrete details to move forward-

Best,
JB
The following 2 users liked this post by JB911:
Elliotw44 (03-09-2023), MJFDDS (03-09-2023)
Old 03-09-2023, 01:40 PM
JB911
Rennlist Member

Ok-I called the sucoesi.com main number and this time reached the manager, named Eric-
I explained that I had corresponded with Mr. Weiss in Germany, then Gabriel, who never returned the call. I've dealt with all sorts of people in my lifetime and had to explain a quote was already provided, I would like to estimate the total and perhaps place the order by Monday or Tuesday.
There was initial friction with the call, and I applied just enough pressure to explain the purpose of purchasing switches that are as close to the manufacturing date from the factory as possible, instead of units that have been sitting in storage for 10 years, etc.
I certainly had to raise my voice in frustration and after a bit of a scold, he understood what I said and that approval and quote came from Mr. Weiss himself at the factory in Germany. I agreed to forward the quote to him and that we would proceed after he received it.

Once the initial friction faded, after having to raise my voice and explain the quote had already been sent, we agreed that I would forward the quote to him, since Gabriel the rep who never replied might have been traveling, and will most likely not be involved anymore in the transaction.
He estimated $25 shipping to my house; shipping from Germany is probably the $9 handling fee. I also said I could take the drive up the coast to pick it up, since I consider it a mostly pleasant drive so long as the weather is good-

So this call certainly raised my blood pressure, it was very aggravating- but go back to the first pages of this thread when I created it, and see that I was able to deal with some difficult obstacles, escalating the issue all the way from PCNA to Germany, and with enough civilized and polite pressure, had my entire FAL replaced.
I also had to explain I'm not a company in the industry, but heading a group buy, and that there could be possible future orders of the switch or maybe even the other 1.5 Bar switch. I do own a production company corporation but prefer not to use it for the purchase; it would show up as income from the PayPal funds and all sorts of headaches like income taxes etc.

So hopefully this can move forward, and only after confirmation I will move ahead with accepting PayPal from those who want to participate. I already had reservations about doing this, and it has already proven to be a bit of a headache, but as of now decided to move forward with it if Eric gets back to me with confirmation, and a total estimated of 14 switches after counting the responses.

Hopefully I will get confirmation soon and this will move forward by Monday or Tuesday.

As mentioned, anyone involved in this should subscribe to the thread, and select instant email notification, it's the fastest way to reply to any changes if the order moves ahead.

Best,
JB

Old 03-09-2023, 02:03 PM
MJFDDS
Rennlist Member

JB, thanks for taking the time to go through all this trouble to get the switches! Hopefully they will allow the order. Appreciate your persistence with them.
Old 03-09-2023, 05:20 PM
JB911
Rennlist Member

Welcome-it really tried my patience today, the manager needed an attitude adjustment, and he got it. After the scolding I returned to a normal civilized and professional exchange, and I hope by tomorrow I can get an idea of how it will go. As mentioned, the quote was already approved and sent, but perhaps he was offended for not being in the loop since he is the manager, and it went through Gabriel the sales rep who never even answered me.

Tomorrow I'll call again, and if this proves to be a headache I will certainly complain to Mr. Weiss in Germany, or ask to speak to the CEO at the FL facility, who is in a YouTube video about the company and probably doesn't realize his employees are rude.
When I bought my GT3, I looked at 2 cars in Miami/Ft. Lauderdale-a very rude sales guy pissed me off so much at Champion, I got on a plane and bought the car from Porsche North Houston and drove it home. It was the best experience, probably incomparable to others, absolutely nothing to complain about. I'll never forget it.

Let's see the response when I call tomorrow, this was really irritating.

Best,
JB
Old 03-09-2023, 05:59 PM
MJFDDS
Rennlist Member

I bought my GT3 from Porsche North Houston as well. They were great to deal with. This was almost 9 years ago.

Originally Posted by JB911
Welcome-it really tried my patience today, the manager needed an attitude adjustment, and he got it. After the scolding I returned to a normal civilized and professional exchange, and I hope by tomorrow I can get an idea of how it will go. As mentioned, the quote was already approved and sent, but perhaps he was offended for not being in the loop since he is the manager, and it went through Gabriel the sales rep who never even answered me.
I bought my GT3 from Porsche North Houston. they were a pleasure to do business with. And this was almost 9 years ago.

Tomorrow I'll call again, and if this proves to be a headache I will certainly complain to Mr. Weiss in Germany, or ask to speak to the CEO at the FL facility, who is in a YouTube video about the company and probably doesn't realize his employees are rude.
When I bought my GT3, I looked at 2 cars in Miami/Ft. Lauderdale-a very rude sales guy pissed me off so much at Champion, I got on a plane and bought the car from Porsche North Houston and drove it home. It was the best experience, probably incomparable to others, absolutely nothing to complain about. I'll never forget it.

Let's see the response when I call tomorrow, this was really irritating.

Best,
JB
Old 03-09-2023, 06:16 PM
JG 996T
Rennlist Member

Received 531 Likes on 289 Posts

great work jb!

Quick Reply: Nose lift, CPO, PCNA