Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Nose lift, CPO, PCNA

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2023, 06:17 PM
Elliotw44
Rennlist Member

Received 1,030 Likes on 424 Posts

Thank you JB! I'd take 2. Paypal is a great way to do payment as it should also have the address.
Old 03-09-2023, 11:53 PM
JB911
Rennlist Member

Received 456 Likes on 318 Posts

Hi Eliot, It's a credit card transaction, the quote specifically says so for payment terms-
PayPal would be for people that want the switch to send me money for the order-I will be paying with my credit card.

Well, I certainly feel bad, having missed a response from Gabriel, and subsequent emails from Eric the manager, all went to my spam folder
But it all went well, these are the emails, I only found them tonight since it was strange not to have gotten a response I looked at the spam folder-
So I feel bad I told Eric I was disappointed to not have heard back from Gabriel-but he could have answered the text I sent-

Anyway, it's a go, I'll post the order here for all to see- which will probably change a bit since more people might jump onboard or order more than one switch-

Last edited by JB911; 05-01-2023 at 09:47 PM.
Old 03-09-2023, 11:59 PM
JB911
Rennlist Member

I edited out info-

Last edited by JB911; 05-01-2023 at 09:48 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Elliotw44 (03-10-2023)
Old 03-10-2023, 01:30 AM
JB911
Rennlist Member

Any questions, please post-since rennlist is open for non-members to browse, I prefer not to post my email(for PayPal)
Please send a PM, with your complete, double checked address where I will mail the switch or switches once I get them.
I did not see how much insurance would be for the usps flat rate box, I'll see. FL tax is 7% and it applies to usps too, so as suggested it looks like $60 should cover each switch. Someone getting 2 or 3 switches, I think they should fit the flat rate box(?)
So we have to figure that out, and get things started-
I imagine PayPal is instant, and selecting 'friends and family" should be free, unless their policy has changed-

Best,
John
Old 03-10-2023, 07:53 AM
JG 996T
Rennlist Member

Received 542 Likes on 295 Posts

all good john pm sent
Old 03-10-2023, 08:20 AM
bonehead
Rennlist Member

Received 310 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by JB911
Any questions, please post-since rennlist is open for non-members to browse, I prefer not to post my email(for PayPal)
Please send a PM, with your complete, double checked address where I will mail the switch or switches once I get them.
I did not see how much insurance would be for the usps flat rate box, I'll see. FL tax is 7% and it applies to usps too, so as suggested it looks like $60 should cover each switch. Someone getting 2 or 3 switches, I think they should fit the flat rate box(?)
I imagine PayPal is instant, and selecting 'friends and family" should be free, unless their policy has changed-

Best,
John
Thanks for setting this up, John. PM incoming. The switches are pretty small. If I remember the size of a small flat rate box correctly, you could easily fit more than 2-3 in there and still need some padding in there so they don’t shift around.

One question: do you know if these come with a new washer? The one I previously got from Suco did not.
Old 03-10-2023, 01:03 PM
JB911
Rennlist Member

Ok, I've received PMs and will answer soon-I didn't receive any more emails from suco, checked spam folder, so everything should be a go, as detailed in my post with the estimated purchase order for 20 switches.

I have been reading about insurance at usps.com, and it seems insurance of $100 is included per flat rate box

I've had a few problems in many years, sometimes tracking a package expecting it to be delivered and waiting at the door and then having to go to the post office to get it, and once driving down the street to ask the mailman for my package-
So these are rare occurrences, and I expect to send everyone a tracking number once I go to the post office to send them out.

I believe the price of the small box is included in the $10.20 (+ 7% tax)fee. Usps also has specialty packaging sold separately which costs more, but that's not was is needed-I should have plastic bubble wrap etc to protect in the box.
Here is some more info and extra options on the small box and shipping :

https://postcalc.usps.com/Calculator...14&dok=XX&pt=b

Even though I've used usps in the past, I just decided to drive there now, look at this box, and confirm the included insurance($100)
I just want to make sure I'm not overlooking anything, and once I return I'll confirm everything with those who sent PMs, just be patient please.
Anyone else with questions or suggestions please chime in-

Best,
John

Last edited by JB911; 03-10-2023 at 03:02 PM.
Old 03-10-2023, 03:14 PM
JB911
Rennlist Member

Ok, I just returned from the post office, and the small box is indeed $10.20, no tax, and insured up to $100.

The next worry, is looking at the size of this box, it's 8-5/8" x 5-3/8" x 1-5/8".
I think the switch will be a bit big and will make a slight bulge in there 1-5/8" which is equivalent to 41mm more or less-
So let's assume it will be fine with wrapping, I will go ahead and start answering PMs and $60 per switch.
Once again, any questions, suggestions and anything that might have been overlooked, please post. These will be of course mailed in the Continental US only-

Best,
John
The following users liked this post:
Elliotw44 (03-10-2023)
Old 03-10-2023, 03:59 PM
00 Scrub
Instructor

Received 58 Likes on 22 Posts

Great to hear that they would sell direct to you. They wouldn't even consider quoting me last time I called or tell me what the minimum to become a distributor was.

JB, thanks for the Cargraphic link. I've got an email out to them to see how it works with the OEM system. The hard part about sourcing these pumps is that we need to be up to 18 bar to get the system to stop requesting the pump to run. Most of these pumps go to ~200psi (~14bar).

I believe I shipped them out in the small flat rate box with a bunch of bubble wrap inside. Pretty sure no one had any damaged in shipped.

I think the sensors did not come with a crush washer, but I think I found one in my set for a Honda oil drain that was very similar. It was ID: 14mm, OD: 22mm, Th: 2mm. I'll have to see if I took notes on that.

Old 03-10-2023, 04:49 PM
JB911
Rennlist Member

Hi 00 Scrub,

The cartographic video is interesting, they do a track test with and without their lift kit to prove it functions without any compromises. It says you can use the tire pump that comes with the car or buy their air pump-but the tire inflator pump makes a lot of noise!
It would be nice to ask them more questions since 997s are over 10 years old, but I think they kept making their lift system probably even for 991s etc-

Before I place the order I will specify that we would like a new washer with them-and the nice part is these should be new switches, that didn't sit in a warehouse or parts department for 10 years, I imagine calibrated to 13 bar before leaving the factory.

I've answered some PMs with my email to send PayPal payment. I expect over the weekend to have received the payments, and will probably wait until Tuesday to order, hopefully enough time for people to get their payment in. I did not create a new thread with a Group Buy heading, I don't think I will.
I know there were a few more FAL threads but this one became the main one over the years-I had counted from the responses here that it would be about 14-15 switches, the sample they sent was for 20.

Best,
JB
Old 03-10-2023, 11:09 PM
JB911
Rennlist Member

I've been receiving and responding to PMs, and as mentioned should be placing the order by Monday or Tuesday-
All PayPal notifications come in through e-mail and I also use the iPhone app
Stepping out for dinner, but will be monitoring any others and I imagine a few more will come in over the weekend-
Any other questions can be posted here too

Best,
John
Old 03-11-2023, 04:28 AM
cdixon
Instructor

Received 47 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by JB911

Best,
John
Well done for doing this John. Nice to hear so many more FALs will be saved!

Was thinking if I ever get time I will update my document with a common troubleshooting guide, parts list and or equivalents, PWIS programming / troubleshooting, and FAL removal / install procedure. The Porsche workshop manual on it was quite hopeless, only told you how to swap the complete unit.

Last edited by cdixon; 03-11-2023 at 04:33 AM.
Old 03-11-2023, 11:16 AM
JB911
Rennlist Member

Yeah, this thread is almost 400 posts long! It is worth getting some coffee and surfing through it. I posted a pic of the scan that was done to my car at my friend's shop-he has the high end Autel-which scans just about every car in the market-so it was interesting to see.
These days I have a Piwis, but haven't done a live data scan on the FAL itself. I do regular scans, Vehicle Handover and VAL. I remember it took you some searching to find out which module/section deals with the FAL when you had to re activate yours-
It would be good to start a new Sticky thread with pictures and the essential info on the FAL-or, people can patiently go through these posts-

Best,
JB
Old 03-11-2023, 11:28 AM
JB911
Rennlist Member

I have to add that some members forgot to post their shipping address on the PMs, and real name aside from the rennlist name-
I'll try copying and pasting onto some sort of program, maybe Word, to print labels- printing on a page then cutting the paper, taping to the shipping box. I gave up on my home printer years ago, but can print free at the library nearby. Otherwise, I'll have to hand write them all

Thanks,
John
Old 03-11-2023, 01:15 PM
JB911
Rennlist Member

Porsche went to a hydraulic system for 992s, and maybe late model 991s. Searched rennlist and some failures reported, and of course hydraulic fluid spills...

The Cargraphic compressor is a Viair model, not sure which. Some resellers:
https://hornblasters.com/collections...ressors?page=3

And it would be good to search the Viair models-there are new ones, and since cdixon and another member were dissecting the factory one, it would be interesting to see if one of these could replace ours, if there's room for it:

https://www.viaircorp.com/compressors

Maybe these or the H-series
https://www.viaircorp.com/c-models
JB

Last edited by JB911; 03-11-2023 at 01:21 PM.

Quick Reply: Nose lift, CPO, PCNA