Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

The 997 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2021, 11:58 PM
Upscale Audio
Rennlist Member

Received 1,090 Likes on 591 Posts

Originally Posted by ranger22
If you think Doug is dictating the market, you have it all wrong. Sure it's great to look back and think you woulda shoulda done something. Fact is that Doug took a risk and this one payed off. How many other risks didn't pay off? Sorry, I refuse to get upset about a single episode of a dealer making bank. Good for him.
Dude...please. As I said I don't have anymore comments on it, but nowhere did I say that. Any of that. Read.

Last edited by Upscale Audio; 03-13-2021 at 12:09 AM.
Old 03-13-2021, 12:18 AM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,948 Likes on 1,745 Posts

Let's end the subject guys and help me find an RS instead.

Hopefully the new owner, of the white RS, will be here and it would be nice for him/her to get a warm welcome. If it went to another dealer, then go tear that dealer up, not Doug, which I don't think Upscale did at all.

Let's stay a friendly family here.
The following 2 users liked this post by RAudi Driver:
Elliotw44 (03-13-2021), Joe Cho (03-13-2021)
Old 03-13-2021, 12:26 AM
Nyuofa
Instructor

Received 51 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by samwise
Range 2 and 3 overrev probably kept the prices down a bit

You think its a decent price? Are overrevs in range 2 and 3 a concern? Range 1: 307. Range 2: 134. Range 3: 43
Old 03-13-2021, 01:07 AM
Upscale Audio
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RAudi Driver
Let's end the subject guys and help me find an RS instead.

Hopefully the new owner, of the white RS, will be here and it would be nice for him/her to get a warm welcome. If it went to another dealer, then go tear that dealer up, not Doug, which I don't think Upscale did at all.

Let's stay a friendly family here.
Thanks. I know he provides a great service. My words should have been pointed a little different.

On another note, you guys may recall the dude I bought my GT3 from that said he could not get the window sticker and COA out of storage because he hadn't paid the rent and was going to leave the crap in it for Storage Wars, and wanted me to pay half the rent which was $340. Well I paid it...and got it.

He had bought the car from Joe at Isringhausen. Today I reached out to Joe about the very nice grey 2011 .2RS they are selling, and mentioned the window sticker/COA, and that I had to pay this douchebag. Joe informed me HE had it the whole time, and just sent it to the guy. It was never in storage. Complete lie. Can you guys believe this on a $126,000 purchase? $340?

As you may also remember, the seller did not transfer the car into his name before I bought it from him. My biz is in the middle of a California State Board of Equalization minor audit, so my office is on the phone with them daily.. I have half a mind to drop a dime on him for not paying use tax. I don't think I would...but it's tempting.
The following users liked this post:
Robocop305 (03-13-2021)
Old 03-13-2021, 01:16 AM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

May brother works for Nike and you know what they say.

Just Do It!

At the very least you should call the guy, let him know you know what went down and demand you money back, or else. Listen, this guy played you, it's your turn in the game. Make you move. Let him know a simple call will result in him paying all the back taxes and a possible felony charge for title skipping. It's a felony, ya know. It's a small price for him to pay, your money back.

Also, who is the seller. Out him!
The following 3 users liked this post by RAudi Driver:
Booth9999 (03-13-2021), nle (03-13-2021), Robocop305 (03-13-2021)
Old 03-13-2021, 03:14 AM
Robocop305
Rennlist Member

Received 462 Likes on 271 Posts

Not a concern up to range 3.
Old 03-13-2021, 04:00 AM
Elliotw44
Rennlist Member

Received 1,009 Likes on 420 Posts

https://www.grandprimotors.com/used/...90e17fe88f.htm
VIN: WP0AC2A93BS783357
They upped the price 10k 139k ->149k. Interesting considering the car has been sitting a long time and its PMarket auction history/DME report. 997 GT3 market is red hot though.
Old 03-13-2021, 04:26 AM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by LμL
https://www.grandprimotors.com/used/...90e17fe88f.htm
VIN: WP0AC2A93BS783357
They upped the price 10k 139k ->149k. Interesting considering the car has been sitting a long time and its PMarket auction history/DME report. 997 GT3 market is red hot though.
Ha, at 139k everyone is asking questions why and what's wrong with this car. At 149k, people think it's a good deal. The is.... unless they are on this thread.
The following 2 users liked this post by RAudi Driver:
Ikon (03-13-2021), pissedpuppy (03-13-2021)
Old 03-13-2021, 10:06 AM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Received 3,105 Likes on 2,124 Posts

Originally Posted by Nyuofa
You think its a decent price? Are overrevs in range 2 and 3 a concern? Range 1: 307. Range 2: 134. Range 3: 43
According to the last for sale ad, over revs occurred at 120 hours. Has 390 now. 270 hours ago means it's probably fine. Either way, even if it was less than that, I'd probably be fine with it. Whether it's a decent price is a very personal decision. How long do you plan to keep it? How much do you like the spec? Do you think prices are going to stay at these prices long term? I don't have answers for these, just things to think through.

Originally Posted by Upscale Audio
Thanks. I know he provides a great service. My words should have been pointed a little different.

On another note, you guys may recall the dude I bought my GT3 from that said he could not get the window sticker and COA out of storage because he hadn't paid the rent and was going to leave the crap in it for Storage Wars, and wanted me to pay half the rent which was $340. Well I paid it...and got it.

He had bought the car from Joe at Isringhausen. Today I reached out to Joe about the very nice grey 2011 .2RS they are selling, and mentioned the window sticker/COA, and that I had to pay this douchebag. Joe informed me HE had it the whole time, and just sent it to the guy. It was never in storage. Complete lie. Can you guys believe this on a $126,000 purchase? $340?

As you may also remember, the seller did not transfer the car into his name before I bought it from him. My biz is in the middle of a California State Board of Equalization minor audit, so my office is on the phone with them daily.. I have half a mind to drop a dime on him for not paying use tax. I don't think I would...but it's tempting.
I wouldn't be reporting him. Let karma take care of the situation. If the guy is trying to get $340 on a $126k purchase, clearly he needs the money more than you do. Also, the guy knows where you live I'm guessing, so I wouldn't want to deal with any recourse if you got him in trouble.

I'm still trying to get my sticker even after multiple cash offers as recent as two weeks ago, with a not positive response from the individual that has it. There are some people that are just difficult in this world.

Ha, at 139k everyone is asking questions why and what's wrong with this car. At 149k, people think it's a good deal. The is.... unless they are on this thread.
That's the best way to do it. If people are questioning if the price is too low, just take it off the market, raise the price and everyone will be thinking it's fair.
Old 03-13-2021, 10:32 AM
Upscale Audio
Rennlist Member

I want to apologize to this forum and to Doug at Switchcars for my comments yesterday which were not worded well, and did not communicate a point that frankly did not need to be made in the first place.
Steve Theodore (03-13-2021)
Old 03-13-2021, 10:50 AM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 816 Likes on 429 Posts

Doesn't matter who built the motor, if it ain't Porsche it's not going to garner the praise it deserves from the general public. I would love that car but I don't think I could pay a large premium for it. I mean it's not like the car is coming with 2 motors. Modifications only pay when you own the car.

I hope that the seller was happy with the price.
This^ imho. I’m sure the SW mods are great. However, I would not invest that kind of $ in a modded car unless it was a track car. I would apply that SW mod $ and buy an RS.

That’s just me.
RAudi Driver (03-13-2021)
Old 03-13-2021, 10:57 AM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 816 Likes on 429 Posts

Originally Posted by Upscale Audio
So what happened with the guy that was buying it and how did it end up back there? I spoke to Joe Isringhausen about upcoming RS's for sale a month ago and he knew of nothing being available. Deals don't unwind too often. Anybody seen the Carfax?

EDIT: Previous member did not buy because of paintwork to the driver's rear quarter panel. Car was sold to another person who then sold it back. Weird.
I’ve dealt with Joe at Isringhausen. They are straight shooters. You will get what you pay for. They don’t take in junk. In fact when I bought my white/gold 997.2 RS from them they had this black grey RS but it wasn’t for sale at the time. I may have bought it instead if it was. Maybe. Really nice car with interesting history.

As to the other guy that ripped you off for your window sticker don’t go down to his level. There are just too many douche bags in the world to let it get to you. Just take comfort in the fact that what goes around comes around.

Last edited by Waxer; 03-13-2021 at 11:03 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by Waxer:
monk46 (03-16-2021), Robocop305 (03-13-2021), Steve Theodore (03-13-2021)
Old 03-13-2021, 11:31 AM
BryanCO
Drifting

Received 211 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by Bxstr
I wouldn't be reporting him. Let karma take care of the situation. If the guy is trying to get $340 on a $126k purchase, clearly he needs the money more than you do. Also, the guy knows where you live I'm guessing, so I wouldn't want to deal with any recourse if you got him in trouble.

I'm still trying to get my sticker even after multiple cash offers as recent as two weeks ago, with a not positive response from the individual that has it. There are some people that are just difficult in this world.
Originally Posted by Waxer
As to the other guy that ripped you off for your window sticker don’t go down to his level. There are just too many douche bags in the world to let it get to you. Just take comfort in the fact that what goes around comes around.
Or there is more to the story. Who knows. But why keep badmouthing and name calling. Geez. The drama. This thread is getting to look like a BaT auction.
Old 03-13-2021, 11:32 AM
dave292
Rennlist Member

Received 264 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by Waxer
I’ve dealt with Joe at Isringhausen. They are straight shooters. You will get what you pay for. They don’t take in junk. In fact when I bought my white/gold 997.2 RS from them they had this black grey RS but it wasn’t for sale at the time. I may have bought it instead if it was. Maybe. Really nice car with interesting history.

I agree with Waxer. You don't need the added aggravation of calling the guy on it. He probably wouldn't
understand why, what he did that was wrong. Just enjoy the car and sticker.
Old 03-13-2021, 11:46 AM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Received 3,105 Likes on 2,124 Posts

Originally Posted by BryanCO
Or there is more to the story. Who knows. But why keep badmouthing and name calling. Geez. The drama. This thread is getting to look like a BaT auction.
Hi Bryan,
I don't think my post was negative at all. Clearly you took it as such, but I was simply telling him to let it (the window sticker cost) go, let karma and fate deal with the situation. The fact that the guy told him that he had to pay to get it out of a storage unit wasn't right, but if he tries to get him in trouble there are people out there that are going to come after you (or maybe I've watched too many murder mystery movies).

Regarding the conversations regarding the selling price of the white RS from yesterday, my take on that is that Doug took all of the risk. There are low mile cars that have problems and he could have easily received the car and not sold it for what he did sell it for. Also as mentioned, I'm pretty sure just a couple weeks ago he was asking $199k for it? The person to blame for selling it for $220k+ is not Doug. The market dictated that. I only have positive things to say about Doug in my interactions. I'm lucky enough to know him personally and live relatively close to him as well.

Joe
Robocop305 (03-13-2021)

Quick Reply: The 997 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...