Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

The 997 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2021, 12:31 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,942 Likes on 1,739 Posts

I still say scorched earth policy.. hehehehe.
Old 03-13-2021, 12:38 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,942 Likes on 1,739 Posts

4,200 mile .2 RS at Isringhausen for $220,000
Old 03-13-2021, 02:03 PM
Speeds5
Burning Brakes

Received 186 Likes on 97 Posts

I don't think anyone is blaming Doug, however what happened yesterday is not good for the enthusiasts trying to get into one of these. The guy that won the auction is a dealer in Canada. An enthusiast didn't buy it, a dealer bought it to speculate.

There's a theme here of dealers outbidding regular Joes and in the process moving the market for these cars higher and higher. If you're in the market for one and you don't have unlimited budget you find ourself quickly priced out, especially if you want to drive one regularly and truly enjoy them.

Originally Posted by Bxstr
Hi Bryan,
I don't think my post was negative at all. Clearly you took it as such, but I was simply telling him to let it (the window sticker cost) go, let karma and fate deal with the situation. The fact that the guy told him that he had to pay to get it out of a storage unit wasn't right, but if he tries to get him in trouble there are people out there that are going to come after you (or maybe I've watched too many murder mystery movies).

Regarding the conversations regarding the selling price of the white RS from yesterday, my take on that is that Doug took all of the risk. There are low mile cars that have problems and he could have easily received the car and not sold it for what he did sell it for. Also as mentioned, I'm pretty sure just a couple weeks ago he was asking $199k for it? The person to blame for selling it for $220k+ is not Doug. The market dictated that. I only have positive things to say about Doug in my interactions. I'm lucky enough to know him personally and live relatively close to him as well.

Joe
The following users liked this post:
Burren (03-14-2021)
Old 03-13-2021, 02:09 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 816 Likes on 429 Posts

Originally Posted by RAudi Driver
I still say scorched earth policy.. hehehehe.
Lol.
Old 03-13-2021, 02:12 PM
TeKNiC3
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cgfen
That was ugly.
Still, I think $115 was a good deal for the buyer since many 7.1s are selling for 100k +/- 10K and it had $43k worth of engine work done.
I wish I had met eggorian 6 months ago.....................
I saw, smelled, touched, heard the car the day before it sold.
Buyer did well.

Edit: talking about the recent sale of the 997.1 Sharky on BaT.
Nice, didn't know this thread even existed.

I'm excited to pick this car up from Eggorian.

He was able to run the car to his local Porsche dealership yesterday for a quick look over and a DME overrev report with the break down. Happy to report 0 over revs in Range 1 - 5.

Last edited by TeKNiC3; 03-13-2021 at 02:13 PM.
pissedpuppy (03-13-2021)
Old 03-13-2021, 02:20 PM
Speeds5
Burning Brakes

Received 186 Likes on 97 Posts

Very nice buy. That looks great and I bet it's a real monster.

Originally Posted by TeKNiC3

He was able to run the car to his local Porsche dealership yesterday for a quick look over and a DME overrev report with the break down. Happy to report 0 over revs in Range 1 - 5.
Old 03-13-2021, 02:20 PM
pissedpuppy
Nordschleife Master

Received 490 Likes on 288 Posts

well bought and good on ya

you're gonna have a blast!
Old 03-13-2021, 02:27 PM
et cetera
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LμL
https://www.grandprimotors.com/used/...90e17fe88f.htm
VIN: WP0AC2A93BS783357
They upped the price 10k 139k ->149k. Interesting considering the car has been sitting a long time and its PMarket auction history/DME report. 997 GT3 market is red hot though.
I contacted them yesterday and after back and forth throughout the day all of a sudden the price went up 10k. I asked when it went up and got “Uhhh, I think it went up yesterday”. Then there was another buyer going to look at it today...

I’m not looking to play games so I politely declined. I might still be able to get a list of the repair work if anyone is interested.

Old 03-13-2021, 02:28 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Received 3,098 Likes on 2,118 Posts

Originally Posted by Speeds5
I don't think anyone is blaming Doug, however what happened yesterday is not good for the enthusiasts trying to get into one of these. The guy that won the auction is a dealer in Canada. An enthusiast didn't buy it, a dealer bought it to speculate.

There's a theme here of dealers outbidding regular Joes and in the process moving the market for these cars higher and higher. If you're in the market for one and you don't have unlimited budget you find ourself quickly priced out, especially if you want to drive one regularly and truly enjoy them.
Oh I didn't realize that a dealer bought it. I didn't read the BAT auction comments at all.

I can only speak for myself that I'm the definition of a regular guy that just likes Porsche's, driving and detailing. I would like the market to come back down to reality as much as anyone. Even as a current owner of a 997.1 GT3. When that will happen, who knows.
Old 03-13-2021, 02:29 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Received 3,098 Likes on 2,118 Posts

Congrats on the purchase! I'd really like to hear what you think once you put some miles on it. Enjoy!
Old 03-13-2021, 02:49 PM
fijibubba
Burning Brakes

Received 630 Likes on 334 Posts

Originally Posted by Upscale Audio
Thanks. I know he provides a great service. My words should have been pointed a little different.

On another note, you guys may recall the dude I bought my GT3 from that said he could not get the window sticker and COA out of storage because he hadn't paid the rent and was going to leave the crap in it for Storage Wars, and wanted me to pay half the rent which was $340. Well I paid it...and got it.

He had bought the car from Joe at Isringhausen. Today I reached out to Joe about the very nice grey 2011 .2RS they are selling, and mentioned the window sticker/COA, and that I had to pay this douchebag. Joe informed me HE had it the whole time, and just sent it to the guy. It was never in storage. Complete lie. Can you guys believe this on a $126,000 purchase? $340?

As you may also remember, the seller did not transfer the car into his name before I bought it from him. My biz is in the middle of a California State Board of Equalization minor audit, so my office is on the phone with them daily.. I have half a mind to drop a dime on him for not paying use tax. I don't think I would...but it's tempting.
F that D bag. He’s clearing operating life in the fringe. Just from the little interaction you’ve had with him a bunch of shady stuff jumps out. I can imagine all the others shiesty stuff he’s doing on the side. I’d say your name is Karma and drop a dime on this C sucker and not look back other than to make sure his *** is in a sling. He had no problem trying to screw you over, maybe he needs the favor returned. People like this need to learn a good lesson the hard way.
RAudi Driver (03-14-2021)
Old 03-13-2021, 03:04 PM
Nyuofa
Instructor

Received 51 Likes on 18 Posts

https://www.redlineeuropean.com/vehi...3fc3#images-27

Anybody in the San Diego area willing to put eyes on this before I do a PPI? I can definitely pay you for your time.
Robocop305 (03-13-2021)
Old 03-13-2021, 03:18 PM
Upscale Audio
Rennlist Member

Received 1,090 Likes on 591 Posts

Originally Posted by fijibubba
F that D bag. He’s clearing operating life in the fringe. Just from the little interaction you’ve had with him a bunch of shady stuff jumps out. I can imagine all the others shiesty stuff he’s doing on the side. I’d say your name is Karma and drop a dime on this C sucker and not look back other than to make sure his *** is in a sling. He had no problem trying to screw you over, maybe he needs the favor returned. People like this need to learn a good lesson the hard way.
I paid with Paypal. I don't intend to do anything more than use Buyer Protection. The dude thinks he's a West L.A. hotshot. Oral surgeon, making money, and younger so he doesn't realize that actions like that don't work in the long run. I just wanted to mention it because I was so shocked someone would even do that.

fijibubba (03-13-2021)
Old 03-13-2021, 04:16 PM
fijibubba
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Upscale Audio
I paid with Paypal. I don't intend to do anything more than use Buyer Protection. The dude thinks he's a West L.A. hotshot. Oral surgeon, making money, and younger so he doesn't realize that actions like that don't work in the long run. I just wanted to mention it because I was so shocked someone would even do that.
"West LA" that makes even more sense now. Anytime i've ever been to a party or event out there, meeting people seems to turn into a job interview. Everyone seems to be either a producer, industry big shot, etc..... Very few are just comfortable in their own skin. I always felt so uncomfortable as a career military guy (now retired). When I'd mention I was a helicopter pilot it always turned into I know this general or that one, the typical flex....Kindness and honesty goes so much further than egotistic embellishment. Be kind, be genuine, help others when able, laugh, and have fun. Life is to short for drama, and selfishness. Wow way off topic, sorry everyone, back to what we all love, Pcars!!!!
The following 3 users liked this post by fijibubba:
Joe Cho (03-13-2021), RAudi Driver (03-14-2021), smceo (03-20-2021)
Old 03-13-2021, 04:24 PM
fijibubba
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Nyuofa
https://www.redlineeuropean.com/vehi...3fc3#images-27

Anybody in the San Diego area willing to put eyes on this before I do a PPI? I can definitely pay you for your time.
I'm an hour north. If you can't find anyone in SD by the end of the day let me know, I can shoot down there for ya. PM me if I can help out. Enthusiasts helping enthusiasts is payment enough for me.
The following 4 users liked this post by fijibubba:
ctglass (03-13-2021), Joe Cho (03-13-2021), Robocop305 (03-13-2021), rrichmondd (03-13-2021)

Quick Reply: The 997 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...