Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

The 997 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2020, 10:55 AM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Received 3,099 Likes on 2,119 Posts

Originally Posted by idk_alex
This is such a wild card... Is this wrap hiding something or is it pristine underneath?
Suprising no one has removed it. You’re going to increase resale value and allow for more transparency. All you need is a heat gun or steamer and quite a bit of time. There is the risk of pulling paint though if it was repainted.
Old 07-13-2020, 12:24 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Last day for this 997.1 GT3. Will be watching closely. Hope some of you that are in the market are able to bid on it.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...he-911-gt3-28/
Old 07-13-2020, 01:55 PM
TypeRS
Instructor

Received 72 Likes on 26 Posts

Or the person that won the bid never registered it and sent it to the dealer. After fees and everything they aren't making any money.

So perhaps a few too many drinks during the auction and buyer's remorse? Who knows.
The following users liked this post:
fijibubba (07-13-2020)
Old 07-13-2020, 02:22 PM
fijibubba
Burning Brakes

Received 630 Likes on 334 Posts

Originally Posted by TurboHog
Or the person that won the bid never registered it and sent it to the dealer. After fees and everything they aren't making any money.

So perhaps a few too many drinks during the auction and buyer's remorse? Who knows.
LOL or he finally told his wife about his epic morning on the computer.
Old 07-13-2020, 04:23 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Solid bidding on BAT. It shows what solid documentation, photos, paint meter reading's, DME, etc. can do to a listing along with an interactive seller. Not saying that the 997.1 GT3 market is $100k again (with buyers premium) for a 26k mile car, but it does show that it helps. The cars going for $78k on PCarMarket and BAT are not the normal pricing.

But sold at $96k is solid.

The following 2 users liked this post by Bxstr:
RAudi Driver (07-14-2020), rrichmondd (07-13-2020)
Old 07-13-2020, 04:25 PM
switchcars
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 470 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by Bxstr
Solid bidding on BAT. It shows what solid documentation, photos, paint meter reading's, DME, etc. can do to a listing along with an interactive seller. Not saying that the 997.1 GT3 market is $100k again (with buyers premium) for a 26k mile car, but it does show that it helps. The cars going for $78k on PCarMarket and BAT are not the normal pricing.

Tell that to the guys on Pcarmarket who crucified me for stating the truth. This was well sold, all said and done.

The following 2 users liked this post by switchcars:
D1ESEL (07-15-2020), fijibubba (07-13-2020)
Old 07-13-2020, 04:41 PM
onthelookout
Advanced

Received 49 Likes on 25 Posts

Strong set of options on the car as well. Was able to have someone inspect it for me over the weekend and stated it appeared to be in excellent condition (aside from the ordinary scuffs to the front lip). Some spirited bidding at the end though - seemed a couple people really wanted this car a little more than me.
Old 07-13-2020, 05:07 PM
nstymatt
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

Wow as an owner of a .1 very pleasantly surprised at the results. Seems like the unique interior spec didn't really hurt it
Old 07-13-2020, 05:33 PM
9872SpeedYellowCS
Burning Brakes

Received 449 Likes on 224 Posts

This 100%... You could have the greatest car in the world but not representing it well wont get you anywhere.

Old 07-13-2020, 06:55 PM
pissedpuppy
Nordschleife Master

Received 490 Likes on 288 Posts

Last day for this 997.1 GT3. Will be watching closely. Hope some of you that are in the market are able to bid on it.

sold well!
The following users liked this post:
fijibubba (07-13-2020)
Old 07-13-2020, 07:13 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by switchcars
Tell that to the guys on Pcarmarket who crucified me for stating the truth. This was well sold, all said and done.
Agree Doug - I would have chimed in when you were mentioning it on PCarTalk but I don't think there was much convincing that could have been done. They feel that the 997.1 GT3 market is $78k+ buyers premium for a clean one with 13k miles. I don't think that's the case. If it was and I could have bought mine last year for that price, I would have been happy. Hope you're doing well!

Originally Posted by onthelookout
Strong set of options on the car as well. Was able to have someone inspect it for me over the weekend and stated it appeared to be in excellent condition (aside from the ordinary scuffs to the front lip). Some spirited bidding at the end though - seemed a couple people really wanted this car a little more than me.
Agree - PCCB's and carbon interior definitely helped. PCCB's probably helping more than the carbon interior.

Originally Posted by nstymatt
Wow as an owner of a .1 very pleasantly surprised at the results. Seems like the unique interior spec didn't really hurt it
I think the interior pieces would be easy enough to change out if someone really wanted. Wouldn't be cheap, but if you liked the car otherwise, it wouldn't hold me back. I don't mind paint matched interiors, although white typically isn't my favorite, I actually did like that spec. The white with the carbon worked well.

Originally Posted by idk_alex
This 100%... You could have the greatest car in the world but not representing it well wont get you anywhere.
Agree - have seen plenty of good cars sell for way less than they should have simply due to representing it improperly. There is a reason people like Switchcars, Enthusiast Auto Group (for BMW), Merit, and others can charge a premium for their cars, it's because you have trust in knowing what you are buying with the right information and a trustworthy seller. When selling in an auction format like that, the seller may be less known if they're new, so at least plenty of pics, and other documentation helps.

Originally Posted by pissedpuppy
sold well!
Agree.
Old 07-14-2020, 05:51 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Pumpkin built by GMG on BAT. 31k miles with an accident. WP0AC29907S792741

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...che-gt3-rs-18/
Old 07-14-2020, 05:54 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Also post 9 here has some more details about the accident which should be helpful to anyone looking to bid.

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-...s-friends.html

Full disclosure: about 1 year after the original owner had the car (2008), he and his wife were on a wine tour in the Temecula, CA area when a driver (not paying attention) did a U-turn right in front of them. The impact was at low speed as they were on a small winery road. The brunt of the hit was on the front nose, which caused the airbags to deploy. Fortunately, no one was hurt and the damage was minimal and mostly cosmetic. DC Autocraft in Burbank, CA (www.dcautocraft.com) was hired to make the car showroom perfect. In order to ensure a perfect match, the car was stripped to the bare metal, inspected and properly repainted in the original factory Orange (N6). DC is considered one of the best late model exotic restoration and repair shops in Southern California. The work is excellent and even with the most scrutinizing eye, undetectable.
Old 07-14-2020, 09:06 PM
997GT
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Also post 9 here has some more details about the accident which should be helpful to anyone looking to bid.

Full disclosure: about 1 year after the original owner had the car (2008), he and his wife were on a wine tour in the Temecula, CA area when a driver (not paying attention) did a U-turn right in front of them. The impact was at low speed as they were on a small winery road. The brunt of the hit was on the front nose, which caused the airbags to deploy. Fortunately, no one was hurt and the damage was minimal and mostly cosmetic. DC Autocraft in Burbank, CA (www.dcautocraft.com) was hired to make the car showroom perfect. In order to ensure a perfect match, the car was stripped to the bare metal, inspected and properly repainted in the original factory Orange (N6). DC is considered one of the best late model exotic restoration and repair shops in Southern California. The work is excellent and even with the most scrutinizing eye, undetectable.
Does anyone know more about its history since the 4.0L build? I seem to recall there was some work done at Orbit as well.
Old 07-15-2020, 12:27 AM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,942 Likes on 1,739 Posts

DC Autocraft is the best in the business. Well it's between them and my favorite, Nathan at C&C Colision.

Quick Reply: The 997 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...