Old 10-15-2020, 10:58 PM
switchcars
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 470 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by GM.RS
Guessing a new website but also hoping for a Wall of Shame update
New website IS coming, too, in a while. Sad that we've been too busy to make that a priority, but we've been too busy to make that a priority.

We have quite a bunch of additions ready to go up on the Wall of Shame as well. Maybe when I run out of subjects for the email blog (like next week) we'll add those up and send them out.

The following users liked this post:
vtgt (10-16-2020)
Old 10-16-2020, 01:26 AM
Colorado964turbo
Burning Brakes

Received 175 Likes on 104 Posts

Very cool!

I signed up for the email, I’m not on the IG

switchcars (10-16-2020)
Old 10-17-2020, 11:27 PM
HpIzKing
Rennlist Member

Received 127 Likes on 65 Posts
Default The Vault

nice 997.2 RS right off the bat @ insta GTVAULT...love the new concepts from from Doug. Better hang on to my wallet...
Old 10-18-2020, 09:19 AM
GBX
Rennlist Member

Received 269 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by switchcars
There is no cost or obligation to join the email list to get notified of new available cars. However, as some are finding out, that is often too late for some of the more desirable cars
It is $1k retainer to be on our VIP list. It is and is isn't refundable, depending on the level we go to in our search for you and the amount of consulting engaged. Feel free to contact me directly to discuss in more detail.
worth it!!
Old 10-18-2020, 04:02 PM
p0pey
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Hilarious guesses, and brilliant ideas (some better than the actual answer) - but here it is.

Starting simple. We are not publishing our private database of Porsche GT cars, nor are we creating an auction site, because there are plenty of those already. We have no intention to do either one of those.

What we ARE doing is using our extensive database and knowledge gained over the years to share in the following format:

1) A daily email blog & IG post with commentary on an available Porsche GT car on the market, including identifying issues with the car based on our database, sharing incredible deals we find, and giving our opinion on buy vs run away from that particular car, and why.
2) Exclusive curated listings of fully vetted Porsche GT cars from our clients to our clients. No auction drama, no one-month wait time, no hassle, no tire-kickers, and the transactions fully secured by us including financing, trades, shipping, title transfer, etc.
All exclusive offerings will go FIRST to our clients who have given us a retainer to be on the VIP list. They will then go out to those who follow the GT vault blog/IG.

We'll add some features to this in the future, and we will still do customized consulting and searches for clients utilizing our database and client network, but this is an important first step in "packaging up" what we've created over the years into a unique offering for Porsche GT enthusiasts and owners. As always, we will be focusing almost exclusively on manual, Mezger-powered GT cars.

SO! Click the two links in our signature to follow the GTvault IG and sign up for the email blog. We have a pretty special car that will be sent out on the list tomorrow to kick things off. Thanks to the community here for all the support over the years, and I hope this is a benefit for everyone here.
Is this for only purchasing? Selling has the same setup as before? I have a 997.2 GT3 I am looking to sell next spring

Last edited by p0pey; 10-18-2020 at 04:07 PM.
Mark FM (10-26-2020)
Old 10-18-2020, 09:01 PM
switchcars
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by p0pey
Is this for only purchasing? Selling has the same setup as before? I have a 997.2 GT3 I am looking to sell next spring
This will give a fantastic, targeted outlet for sellers, so please reach out to me directly if you're looking to sell so that we can vet your car and offer it to our list.
Old 10-18-2020, 10:25 PM
RapidGT
Rennlist Member

Received 2,405 Likes on 1,312 Posts

Arctic Silver Metallic .1 RS with 7k miles. Has PCCB, leather, and deviated wheels+graphics. Seems like the original owner didn’t complete the build as he didn’t get the rear wing end plates and mirrors in the same deviated black as they are still in the standard orange. Very strange and probably unintentional color combo on this car. Says it was celebrity owned; I wonder who. The production numbers they state in the description are not accurate to my knowledge, “For 2008 Porsche produced just 803 examples of 911 GT3 RS, of which it is believed just over half were sent Stateside.” There were 1106 .1 RS’s produced altogether between 2007-2008 with 126 in 2008 being sent to North America. The production to my knowledge in 2008 was smaller than it was in 2007 so there’s no way 803/1106 were produced in 2008, but I could be wrong. They are asking $185k which seems high IMO.
VIN: WP0AC29968S792079
https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...=myATCsavedcar

Last edited by RapidGT; 10-18-2020 at 10:39 PM.
-eztrader- (10-19-2020)
Old 10-18-2020, 11:28 PM
KDAWG97M3
Pro

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

Hilarious guesses, and brilliant ideas (some better than the actual answer) - but here it is.

Starting simple. We are not publishing our private database of Porsche GT cars, nor are we creating an auction site, because there are plenty of those already. We have no intention to do either one of those.

What we ARE doing is using our extensive database and knowledge gained over the years to share in the following format:

1) A daily email blog & IG post with commentary on an available Porsche GT car on the market, including identifying issues with the car based on our database, sharing incredible deals we find, and giving our opinion on buy vs run away from that particular car, and why.
2) Exclusive curated listings of fully vetted Porsche GT cars from our clients to our clients. No auction drama, no one-month wait time, no hassle, no tire-kickers, and the transactions fully secured by us including financing, trades, shipping, title transfer, etc.
All exclusive offerings will go FIRST to our clients who have given us a retainer to be on the VIP list. They will then go out to those who follow the GT vault blog/IG.

We'll add some features to this in the future, and we will still do customized consulting and searches for clients utilizing our database and client network, but this is an important first step in "packaging up" what we've created over the years into a unique offering for Porsche GT enthusiasts and owners. As always, we will be focusing almost exclusively on manual, Mezger-powered GT cars.

SO! Click the two links in our signature to follow the GTvault IG and sign up for the email blog. We have a pretty special car that will be sent out on the list tomorrow to kick things off. Thanks to the community here for all the support over the years, and I hope this is a benefit for everyone here.
Doug, I usually don’t do this type of of stuff, but I tip my cap to you...helping others find good cars and staying away from bad ones. It shows you do truly care, while trying to run a business and be profitable. I will say this is why you are the go to guy. I have zero to gain from typing this other than to let you know how much it is appreciated.
Igooz (10-21-2020)
Old 10-19-2020, 11:06 AM
Wonderdan
Rennlist Member

Received 1,140 Likes on 612 Posts

Originally Posted by Bxstr
Great spec, but that car will be sitting till spring if not longer. Unless they lower price by about $20k. Also, personal taste, but the fender shields need to be removed. Leave that for Ferrari.
​​​​​
Yea I talked to him... he's retired and this is one of many hes selling off. He thinks its a super rare spec, but I've seen plenty with red accents/stitching and belts. That being said his price is justified in his head because he had it bored over and exhaust put on and he wants $125+what he has into it. I don't see him moving on price much... it's one of those deals where he doesn't 'actually' want to sell.

Last edited by Wonderdan; 10-19-2020 at 11:08 AM.
Old 10-19-2020, 11:57 AM
GlenGT3
Racer

Received 277 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by Wonderdan
​​​​​
Yea I talked to him... he's retired and this is one of many hes selling off. He thinks its a super rare spec, but I've seen plenty with red accents/stitching and belts. That being said his price is justified in his head because he had it bored over and exhaust put on and he wants $125+what he has into it. I don't see him moving on price much... it's one of those deals where he doesn't 'actually' want to sell.

Wait what??? The motor on this Red GT3 was bored out?
Old 10-19-2020, 01:12 PM
Wonderdan
Rennlist Member

Received 1,140 Likes on 612 Posts

Originally Posted by GlenGT3
Wait what??? The motor on this Red GT3 was bored out?
He just said he increased the displacement... could have been longer stroke, I was just assuming.
Old 10-19-2020, 02:03 PM
GlenGT3
Racer

He just said he increased the displacement... could have been longer stroke, I was just assuming.
That makes the car worth $20k less, not $20k more. Why would someone pull a motor on a 8k mile GT3 that's stored in a museum to have the displacement increased? Makes no sense unless this was a track car and the performance gain was actually needed. There's gotta be more to this story.
Old 10-19-2020, 02:54 PM
switchcars
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

You might want to clarify that with him. The ad reads like he has no clue about what he is selling, e.g. "This is the more desirable manual gearbox"....no kidding.

There is a lot of mention in the ad copy about the bore being increased from the 3.6 to the 3.8 motor so maybe he's just trying to describe that and not doing it very well.
Old 10-19-2020, 03:10 PM
GlenGT3
Racer

You might want to clarify that with him. The ad reads like he has no clue about what he is selling, e.g. "This is the more desirable manual gearbox"....no kidding.

There is a lot of mention in the ad copy about the bore being increased from the 3.6 to the 3.8 motor so maybe he's just trying to describe that and not doing it very well.

You're probably right. Or maybe he meant that he bored through the fenders in order to rivet on the Ferrari, I mean Porsche, shields.
The following 2 users liked this post by GlenGT3:
8Lug (10-19-2020), switchcars (10-19-2020)
Old 10-19-2020, 03:17 PM
EMpunker
Rennlist Member

Received 258 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by RapidGT
Arctic Silver Metallic .1 RS with 7k miles. Has PCCB, leather, and deviated wheels+graphics.
VIN: WP0AC29968S792079
https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...=myATCsavedcar
I like the silver but it would look better with the Orange wheels!

Quick Reply: The 997 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...