Johannc14
Rennlist Member

Saw this black .1 GT3 with 8k and didn’t see a link shared yet. Asking $185k

https://www.udriveautomobiles.co/veh...9551f93c6d8743
Old 02-19-2022 | 04:58 AM
skarkp
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RapidGT
ah wish i could of gotten that. Guess it went to a dealer.
Old 02-19-2022 | 10:37 AM
flat6fan18
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by lip-
Asking 149K
I thought someone here was on his way to buy it.
Old 02-19-2022 | 02:21 PM
GT-HP
Instructor

Originally Posted by RapidGT
I said it on that thread on 2/6/22.
Old 02-19-2022 | 05:34 PM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by skarkp
yes, you guys are all talking about the same car right? VIN # 3260 ... NstyMatt's white '07 that he had FS at $123k. skarkp passed on it.

So GT-HP was right it did go to BMW dealer,... and Lip- reported that they bumped it up by $26k to $149k.

but has it sold a 3rd time? ... being flipped again?

Last edited by bweSteve; 02-19-2022 at 05:35 PM.
Old 02-19-2022 | 05:55 PM
nstymatt
Instructor

Originally Posted by flat6fan18
I thought someone here was on his way to buy it.
Originally Posted by GT-HP
I said it on that thread on 2/6/22.
Originally Posted by skarkp
This was my car. Initially had a local buyer (not on rl) who offered 120 on the condition that I take the car back should there be any catastrophic failures after purchase. He had concern about the rms seeping leading to a big failure, which I get but sorry not going to offer a warranty on a used car private sale.

Then a RLer drove up to look at the car with the intention of purchasing a few Mondays ago. My intention was for the car to go to an enthusiast. So when a dealer offered a non refundable deposit the previous Friday, I told them that I'd give the RL guy a chance before following up.

The Monday guy looked at the car and offered 110k, then 115k against my 123k asking. Reasons being: few more exterior nicks/scratches I didn't photograph, some scratches on plastic interior bits, wheels NEEDED to be refinished, weatherstripping wearing out. Now maybe I should have photographed every single little mark/chip/ding in the paint. I thought by photographing the worst of the cosmetic issues (deep scratches, chips on fenders, spray of rock chips on lower rear quarters), and given the track history, not low mileage car, no ppf, one of the lowest priced cars on the market, that the expectation is a driver's car, not for someone who prioritizes cosmetics. As for the wheels, nope they are not perfect, but I'll let you be the judge if they NEED to be refinished: https://photos.app.goo.gl/WT8WnAobYUGQDEWA7

In any case, that offer implies that there is 8-13k of work needed to bring the car up to what I had represented in the ad: no garage queen, yes cosmetic stuff, yes track history, coolant lines, clutch done, so go drive it not stare at it.

I turned down that offer, met the dealer a few hours later who did a 5min walkaround, 5min test ride and bought it.

I would have preferred it had gone to an enthusiast but to be honest wasn't really excited about going through it again after those first 2 interactions. So can kind of understand now why dealers always seem to end up with these cars even though sellers would have liked to sell to enthusiasts

​​​​

Last edited by nstymatt; 02-19-2022 at 05:56 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by nstymatt:
cbracerx (02-21-2022), GT-HP (02-20-2022), lcrain (02-22-2022), Robocop305 (02-19-2022)
Old 02-19-2022 | 06:17 PM
lip-
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by nstymatt
This was my car. Initially had a local buyer (not on rl) who offered 120 on the condition that I take the car back should there be any catastrophic failures after purchase. He had concern about the rms seeping leading to a big failure, which I get but sorry not going to offer a warranty on a used car private sale.

Then a RLer drove up to look at the car with the intention of purchasing a few Mondays ago. My intention was for the car to go to an enthusiast. So when a dealer offered a non refundable deposit the previous Friday, I told them that I'd give the RL guy a chance before following up.

The Monday guy looked at the car and offered 110k, then 115k against my 123k asking. Reasons being: few more exterior nicks/scratches I didn't photograph, some scratches on plastic interior bits, wheels NEEDED to be refinished, weatherstripping wearing out. Now maybe I should have photographed every single little mark/chip/ding in the paint. I thought by photographing the worst of the cosmetic issues (deep scratches, chips on fenders, spray of rock chips on lower rear quarters), and given the track history, not low mileage car, no ppf, one of the lowest priced cars on the market, that the expectation is a driver's car, not for someone who prioritizes cosmetics. As for the wheels, nope they are not perfect, but I'll let you be the judge if they NEED to be refinished: https://photos.app.goo.gl/WT8WnAobYUGQDEWA7

In any case, that offer implies that there is 8-13k of work needed to bring the car up to what I had represented in the ad: no garage queen, yes cosmetic stuff, yes track history, coolant lines, clutch done, so go drive it not stare at it.

I turned down that offer, met the dealer a few hours later who did a 5min walkaround, 5min test ride and bought it.

I would have preferred it had gone to an enthusiast but to be honest wasn't really excited about going through it again after those first 2 interactions. So can kind of understand now why dealers always seem to end up with these cars even though sellers would have liked to sell to enthusiasts

​​​​
I texted you on Friday but you asked me to wait because someone was coming up from LA. I would have offered you your asking as long as nothing crazy turned up. No hard feelings or anything. Best of luck to you
The following users liked this post:
nstymatt (02-20-2022)
Old 02-19-2022 | 06:51 PM
nstymatt
Instructor

Originally Posted by lip-
I texted you on Friday but you asked me to wait because someone was coming up from LA. I would have offered you your asking as long as nothing crazy turned up. No hard feelings or anything. Best of luck to you
Yes the RLer who looked at the car was the guy from LA. I think I found our texts (not 100% sure), but had I known you would have offered asking I would have been more inclined to hold the car. Hope you understand; just that after receiving 30+ messages ranging from 100-110k lowballs, to asking to hold the car for ppi, financing, coming back from vacation, need time to book a flight etc., I just went with the least hassle option of the dealer throwing down a deposit + no questions asked. Good luck with the search
Robocop305 (02-19-2022)
Old 02-19-2022 | 06:58 PM
Robocop305
Rennlist Member

​​​​
I feel the same way. Unfortunately, most Porsche buyers want a perfect car for a discount. I don’t have time to waste and entertain hundreds of stupid question that some buyers have. Most don’t know what they are buying and usually follow the peanut gallery. Unfortunately, for the few real buyers that know what to look for and understand the value of these cars, selling the car to a dealership is a lot easier.

These cars are solid and have a quality built. Most issues can be fixed and bring back the car to a near new condition.

LOL about a warranty from a private seller because the RMS is leaking.

Last edited by Robocop305; 02-19-2022 at 07:02 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by Robocop305:
cbracerx (02-21-2022), flat6fan18 (02-19-2022), MUnitedGT (02-21-2022), nstymatt (02-20-2022)
Old 02-19-2022 | 07:20 PM
flat6fan18
Rennlist Member

​​​​
As long as you’re happy with the sale, that’s all that matters. I just don’t get how some people think a 15 year old car with 35k miles will have pristine paint. On a 35k+ mile 15+ year old car, if the mechanicals check out, paint is in decent shape (not perfect, because it’s not new), then that’s all that matters for me.
The following 3 users liked this post by flat6fan18:
cbracerx (02-21-2022), nstymatt (02-20-2022), Robocop305 (02-19-2022)
Old 02-19-2022 | 08:45 PM
Robocop305
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by flat6fan18
As long as you’re happy with the sale, that’s all that matters. I just don’t get how some people think a 15 year old car with 35k miles will have pristine paint. On a 35k+ mile 15+ year old car, if the mechanicals check out, paint is in decent shape (not perfect, because it’s not new), then that’s all that matters for me.

Agree, you want perfection or looking new so you put away in your garage to look at it, then buy a pristine example and pay top dollar for it. This car was very well priced in todays market. It appeared to be priced to sell in its current condition. Not many around and whatever is available the prices are substantially higher.
nstymatt (02-20-2022)
Old 02-19-2022 | 08:52 PM
flat6fan18
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Robocop305
Agree, you want perfection or looking new so you put away in your garage to look at it, then buy a pristine example and pay top dollar for it. This car was very well priced in todays market. It appeared to be priced to sell in its current condition. Not many around and whatever is available the prices are substantially higher.
Serious. This is about as perfect of a modern analog car example you can buy today. Want pristine, stop wasting seller’s time and go pay top dollar so you can look at it in your garage vs driving it.

I love my 997.1, and you’ll have to pry it from my cold dead hands before I ever get rid of it….but I’ll take a treasure chest full of money in exchange.
The following 2 users liked this post by flat6fan18:
nstymatt (02-20-2022), Robocop305 (02-20-2022)
Old 02-20-2022 | 12:04 AM
nstymatt
Instructor

Yeah whatever car is next will be driven till I die with many miles and blemishes. Then the wife or future kids can deal with selling it lol
Old 02-20-2022 | 12:20 AM
Robocop305
Rennlist Member

Yeah whatever car is next will be driven till I die with many miles and blemishes. Then the wife or future kids can deal with selling it lol
They will make ton of money. These cars will keep going up no matter what. As these cars get older, the miles and the blemishes would not matter much. Your money is secured in a GT car no matter what. Even the salvaged ones demand a healthy amount of money.

Last edited by Robocop305; 02-20-2022 at 12:22 AM.
Old 02-20-2022 | 12:31 AM
Wonderdan
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Robocop305
They will make ton of money. These cars will keep going up no matter what. As these cars get older, the miles and the blemishes would not matter much. Your money is secured in a GT car no matter what. Even the salvaged ones demand a healthy amount of money.
I heard the 997.2 GT3 is the most collectable drivers car ever...best thing about it is if you don't have one you cant tell me otherwise. Second best thing is the barrier of entry to prove me wrong is so high if you do happen to have one you'll only cost yourself money for disagreeing!

Truth By Consensus
The following 3 users liked this post by Wonderdan:
E-Man (02-21-2022), GlenGT3 (02-20-2022), rrichmondd (02-21-2022)

Quick Reply: The 997 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...